Disappearing Ground Objects in Targeting Pod

Avio

I noticed that ground objects in targeting pod seem NOT to show up when aircraft is still far away. The objects only start showing in the TGP display when the distance gets near to about 4 to 6 nm.

Did not see this effect when I flew the A10C about a year ago. Did anyone else see this?

Note : I'm flying in World 2.0, NTTR. Everything patched to latest updates.

Avio

I'm surprised no one else has this problem ??

The objects such as buildings, tress, cars, in the TGP display literally grow bigger like balloons as one approaches nearer (about 2 to 6 nm), and gradually shrink in size when moving further away.

A serious problem never observed before in previous flights some months ago.

Note : I have most sliders settings all to the max.

Avio

Noticed the same a little while ago. But objects wouldn't just shrink or grow. There seems to be a magical distance where objects simply appear or disappear, both in the TGP and in outside view. In my particular case, the distance was 3 nm and the objects were a bunch of containers (static objects), placed on one of the NTTR ranges in 2.1. I could still see targets, though, it's just the containers that disappeared.

My Flight Lead said he didn't have that problem, definitely not at the range I was experiencing it.

Been doing some testing and turns out that if the Visibility setting is set to extreme, ground objects in NTTR do appear from much further away, although smaller objects still do appear / disappear according to distance away.

The cost is lower FPM, but only when flying at tree-top level over dense towns like Las Vegas.

Above 100 ft generally FPM looks good.

Note : In Causus map, no such problem of popping on and off of ground objects from afar. Looks like DCS applied different modelling in these 2 maps.

Avio

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I am on 2.5 and I'm experiencing something similar. Out of the cockpit, I can see further than the TGP diamond on the HUD (I'm set on High not Extreme) but in the TGP all I see is what looks like a sheet slowly lifting off the objects. I initially thought it was the horizon but looking closer, it definitely isn't. The objects (buildings, trees etc) don't gradually appear, they get uncovered. Wonder why only certain people are having problems?