Weapons training missions limited weapons!

imacken

During the weapons training missions in the Viggen, the instructor says to carry on practising hitting the targets, but it can't be done as one fire of the missiles or rocket pods and the plane is empty!

I presume someone had intended to put unlimited weapons in as with all other training missions.

Has this not been noticed before, or am I doing something wrong?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Well, it's up to you if you enable unlimited weapons or not.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sorry, don’t know what you mean. It is down to the mission designer.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I think you're both missing the point. Of course, you can make that a universal setting, but even then I'm not sure it works. I have no interest in doing that.

In certain missions, unlimited weapons is often set. Tends to be training missions to allow practice.

So, for example in the A-10 missions, you have unlimited weapons in order to practice the targeting systems etc.

I think Heatblur have forgotten to put this setting into their training missions to allow practice. The instructor says 'carry on practising to get better accuracy' type thing, but you can't as there is only one rocket load, for example. Same for missiles.

Also, one could edit in ME, but shouldn't really have to.

Don't need to practise landing and re-arming, but thanks for the suggestion!

The best thing to do is to edit in ME.

I'm simply trying to report a minor problem in the appropriate forum in the hope that someone from Heatblur could makes this trivial change in a future update.

Is it possible to launch only 1 or 2 rockets at a time? (haven't started using weapons in my Viggen yet)

If so you only need that amount to see if you got it right. Go in for another round with few rockets and so on. Not the way to do it in a sharp situation but it's target practice right?

PS the target practice mission for the Shark doesn't have unlimited amo either.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Is it possible to launch only 1 or 2 rockets at a time? (haven't started using weapons in my Viggen yet)

If so you only need that amount to see if you got it right. Go in for another round with few rockets and so on. Not the way to do it in a sharp situation but it's target practice right?

PS the target practice mission for the Shark doesn't have unlimited amo either.

Good idea, I haven't looked far enough in yet to see if single shots are possible. That might work, but still I think the easiest thing to do is just set unlimited weapons on in ME.

Didn't notice the Shark not having it, but others I've tried certainly do. It is target practice after all!

Nope. No single shots, no pairs, no triplets. You dump all of 'em on a target and shag ass out of sight.

Bit of a bugger if you miss then!

Nope. No single shots, no pairs, no triplets. You dump all of 'em on a target and shag ass out of sight.

Yes, single shots (per launcher) are possible. Behind Weapon Mode Selector and Interval rotaries there are two switches, the latter one can be set into either "GRUPP" or "ENKEL" positions.

In "GRUPP" it fires all missiles from all launchers. In "ENKEL" mode however, it fires just 1 rocket per launcher, giving you 5 salvos of either 2 or 4 missiles.

Yes, single shots (per launcher) are possible. Behind Weapon Mode Selector and Interval rotaries there are two switches, the latter one can be set into either "GRUPP" or "ENKEL" positions.

In "GRUPP" it fires all missiles from all launchers. In "ENKEL" mode however, it fires just 1 rocket per launcher, giving you 5 salvos of either 2 or 4 missiles.

Hmmm... doesn't work. Certainly in training mission.

yep it works fine for me, always used it for single group of targets, its also how you select single anti ship missile

It works for you in the rocket training mission? Doesn't here. Works fine in the anti-ship one though.

The Instant Action one at the bridge? No, it doesn’t. All the guides suggest that the switch should be set to series for rockets.

None of the missions I’ve tried works with a single rocket.

Can you tell me where you get single rockets to work? I don’t believe that it is supposed to work having looked into it for a while.

strange, not sure if this is the way to go but a repair maybe?

on the right hand wall panel there are 2 switches one enkel, in the down position, I fire rockets, in salvos, think its about 2-4 each side, I know I can attack twice, just tried just now and works ok

yes for the mission on the bridge it should be the whole lot at once, as you say, I was only using that one as a tool, to see if you can use the salvo

So, where are you able to fire more than once? What mission?

All my research shows that the Viggen can only fire the full salvo of rockets. Sure you haven’t got unlimited weapons set?

As I said, the guides and manuals show that switch should be set to series for rockets.

Interesting!

As I said, the guides and manuals show that switch should be set to series for rockets.

Have you actually tried to set it to enkel anyhow, despite the guides and manual? Still only fire all rockets with it in enkel?

Guides and manual describe how they should be used IN GENERAL, nothing forces you to obey them.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Have you actually tried to set it to enkel anyhow, despite the guides and manual? Still only fire all rockets with it in enkel?

Guides and manual describe how they should be used IN GENERAL, nothing forces you to obey them.

Yes, of course. It makes no difference!

Yes, of course. It makes no difference!

Okay, it was just the way you referred to guids and manuals that made me wonder. I understand now that you actually tried it yourself. Sorry for misunderstanding you.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

well it seems then that maybe you have a problem, but it works fine for everyone else, maybe someone else can chirp in here but a repair might work?

Hmm.. you say it works for everyone else, but do a search and you’ll find that’s not true.

I believe in real life, the Viggen can’t fire single rockets.

Some clarification from Heatblur would be useful here.