[CHECKING] Trouble firing second laser mav

jason_peters

Hi

I’m having trouble firing my second laser Mav

First Mav fires fine (and hits target) but second never gets a lock on the laser

Perhaps someone can try

My process

Turn on tpod and set the laser code (note first Mav is fine so all

Working ok)

Select the Mav

Select UFC to set the code (mirror the tpod)

Target designate my waypoint

Uncage the Mav

Trigger down to fire laser

Square appears on the Mav screen

Fire Mav

Repeat for the second Mav but it never sees the laser

Others having the same issue???

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

I seem to remember having to set the laser code for each maverick individually. Can you confirm the proper code is displayed under each station on the SMS page?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Yep code is the same

However also tried entering the code again

Still not seeing the laser

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Thanks for the vid

Yes second Mav in range and the triangle is also over the target, laser is on, think it also says locked

Will try again this morning - maybe it’s either the mission or something like switching the laser on and off or moving the tpod via waypoint designation - will track it down :)

---------

I am also having this issue. Before and after current update.

Also seem to get one where the Maverick seeker wont cage, and only searches off-beam. Bit hard to tell if related, but they both seem to happen at the same time.

Cycle through Arm/Safe, AG on/off, TPod on/off, no joy.

I think its if you turn the laser off between firing the mavs

Gripes323 can you try firing mav 1...… turn the laser off (trigger button) then get a new target, trigger laser back on and see if it works for you

I just tried my mission leving the laser firing and I was able to fire both mavs

---------

I'll try it too....since I butted in on this thread and had the same issue..... :) If it is a bug, the solution will be simple enough...leave the laser always on and wrap the tpod with a few dozen ice packs!!!

Fargo

I9-9900, GTX1080Ti,32GRam,Pimax 5k+, HP Reverb, TM WartHog, MTG Pedals

I think its if you turn the laser off between firing the mavs

Gripes323 can you try firing mav 1...… turn the laser off (trigger button) then get a new target, trigger laser back on and see if it works for you

I just tried my mission leving the laser firing and I was able to fire both mavs

Yea, I thought this was your issue. When I press the trigger on my Warthog the laser is on. I don't need to hold it. If I do, it works fine too but on the next press it turns it off. To be honest I need to verify this in the current version. So, basically once I press it stays on and starts lasing as soon as I lock the next target. It's basically auto-lase... until it overheats, j/k:D

I can confirm the problem. I never turned off the laser in between and it still didnt work. The second Maverick just never locked!

My new method so far has been to turn off the laser, reset the pod camera, re-select the next Maverick in the SMS page and start the whole process all over again. In the end, I have to make a new approach to the target because it all takes too long. Pretty cumbersome.

There's no way it works the way it was shown in some demo videos, so just select a new target while leaving and continue with the next maverick after turning back in.

However, the error is not clearly reproducible, because sometimes you have to fiddle a bit more or a bit less until it works again.

Apart from that: technically, it shouldn't matter what you do in which order, isnt it? All that matters should be that in the end the maverick is uncaged, searching and the pod marks the target correctly (ok, the code must match, of course). Right?

Edited by Airbusjoerg

Best regards

Jörg

...Apart from that: technically, it shouldn't matter what you do in which order, isnt it? All that matters should be that in the end the maverick is uncaged, searching and the pod marks the target correctly (ok, the code must match, of course). Right?

I would think so... well, of course range limits and Mav's gimbal limits apply too.

I've tested number of different approaches and scenarios (most of them pretty unrealistic:smilewink:) and so far I wasn't able to reproduce any of these issues.

I don't know if it matters but all my tests were done in missions created with the latest build of OB.

It happens every time for me if you turn the laser off between (via trigger switch) Mav shots

Will make a track later week if no others do it

---------

• ED Team

OK, so I looked at the track, and just for clarity, when you were changing the laser codes, you never uncaged the Maverick, if I take control of the track I can uncage and it tracks fine. After you finally fire a laser Mav, I don't see you try and lock up the second one again.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png