DCS - Nhawk's Weapons mod

Odd as its working for me and everyone else i've asked so far, could it be some other mod or just the mission itself? (also you have the latest hotfix correct?)

Yes, I have the latest version. Tried again with only your mod activated (ran DCS repair before that) and it still crashes when loading Supercarrier missions. Any other mission works great with the mod. :dunno:

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

https://gitlab.com/Nighthawk2174/nhawk---weapons-mod-public-release

Missile Mod has been updated to work with the latest version of DCS

---------------Guns----------

-Adjusted the names of some round when in game hit is displayed

-Adjusted drag of some rounds to new tweaked ED standards

-Adjusted performance of MK149 round adjusted drag curve slightly

-Adjusted M117 dispersion to 6x18 mills for the 100% as per new documents

-Dropped Russian CIWS dispersion even further down to ~5mills for 100% circle

-Added PGU rounds to F/A-18C hornet

---------------MISSILES----------

-New ED drag curve added for AIM-120B|C

-Kept thrust the same as in the current mod

-Updates to AIM-7 AP added

-Scud Data added

---------------OTHER----------

-Editing of AIM-54, F86, and SD10 appears to have been restored. If you get issues try deleting the entire CoreMods folder from the mod and see if that works. Havn't found any on my end yet.

full git changelog

https://gitlab.com/Nighthawk2174/nhawk---weapons-mod-public-release/-/commit/ab957e8ea63f50d5689d67945257f1768bcd26f5

Just as a heads up this latest patch is such a dumpster fire i'm not going to update for it especially considering it's likely (well more like hopefully will) to get hotfixed soon. I'm just going to wait for the fire to go out first. Sorry for the inconvenience if you updated and don't want to revert.

So I found this line in missiles_data.lua for R-60

ccm_k0 = 3, -- Counter Countermeasures Probability Factor. Value = 0 - missile has absolute resistance to countermeasures. Default = 1 (medium probability)

1 is medium probability and R-60's probability is 3, this makes R-60 utterly garbage. No wonder it never hits anything. Wouldn't even bother carrying it anymore.

In comparison AIM-9's probability is 0.5 and R-73 is 1. Are these values for Russian missiles accurate?

By the way, I did not find those values in default lua file.

Edited by Taz1004

The original R60 (as far as i'm currently aware) uses a spin-scan seeker and has no ability to separate false targets from real ones let alone CCM capabilities. I found a paper (which i'll need to find again) of testing of the 9B/AA2 seeker design which is very similar in design to the R60's seeker. The decoy rate against 1 flare, as in ONE deployed flare, was often (depending on aspect and heavily on range) above 90% and quite often hovered around 97-99%. The current value for the 9B in game is 10 so I set the R60 to 3 due to it likely having a seeker of better quality and it being a cooled seeker as well. This results in a decoy rate for one flare that is still quite high but not as high as the 9B.

For the R73 I was until recently under the impression that it still used either a spin-scan or conical scan seeker design, although I have been given documentation as to otherwise. Now the version we have in game has a "Crossed Linear Array" seeker. Which would make the decoy rate much lower for flares not near the target to the target (hence rocket assisted flares) but if a constant stream of flares is used it will be decoyed at a high rate. I will be doing testing and in all probability dropping the value for the next update to this mod.

SHWQC3a.jpg

The AIM-9M uses the default ED value which seems quite reasonable based on my understanding of the seeker. However in its case its a bit of a more complex issue. It can filter out flares based on energy rise time. If the programmable seeker is programmed with the correct range of energy rise times it should have very good to excellent resistance against the very basic type of flares we have in game. But ofc if its not programmed right it will have a high decoy rate. Like in the gulf war against the wide variety and often wider level of quality of flares the Iraqi's used it had a high decoy rate.

Edited by nighthawk2174

Anyone else having problems with the mod + latest OB + F-14B? Tried a couple of instant action mission and the plane spawns without missiles if the mod is active.

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

Anyone else having problems with the mod + latest OB + F-14B? Tried a couple of instant action mission and the plane spawns without missiles if the mod is active.

Yea, have same issue. Was about to report. I believe it's CoreMod/aircrafts/F14 that's causing it.

Updated the mod to V1.7

https://gitlab.com/Nighthawk2174/nhawk---weapons-mod-public-release

-----------------------------------------------

V1.7

-F86F M3's now have 300 rounds per gun

-M3 dispersion reduced

-Dispersion of some M61 rounds tweaked

-F5 given red tracers.

-CCM tweaks for quite a few missiles

-Restored F14 loadouts

-Added PGU rounds to F18

-Old Deka SD10 thrust restored

changelog here:

https://gitlab.com/Nighthawk2174/nhawk---weapons-mod-public-release/-/commit/d22b28df484e0268c0fb0951d2fea229061d87f9

Edited by nighthawk2174

I know this seems to be mostly about missiles and guns, but since it is called a weapons mod I thought I would ask. Does it include a working GBU-24? It seems that the guidance system for the GBU-24 has been missing for years and ED still has not fixed this.

Thx!