Viggen Anti-Collision Beacons

CrimsonGhost

Forgive me if I am blind, but I don't recall actually seeing either the top or borrow beacons in the pre-beta videos. The light from the lower beacon is prominently displayed on external store, but I have never noticed the lights. I am reasonably sure I have never seen the top beacon on as well. Have any of you?

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

Forgive me if I am blind, but I don't recall actually seeing either the top or borrow beacons in the pre-beta videos. The light from the lower beacon is prominently displayed on external store, but I have never noticed the lights. I am reasonably sure I have never seen the top beacon on as well. Have any of you?

You can see the top one spinning in this video.

I am also almost completely certain that there's a video with a very zoomed in shot of it working, just can't seem to find it right now.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Thanks. I just watched Bunyap's 5th video and the location of the top beacon is clear as day. Must have never seen it turned on. Yeah, I'm one of those guys that likes to follow general lighting rules, and does flight control checks during startup. :)

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

;)

That makes it very easy to see. But now that makes me wonder about its visual effect. The light seems very dim at best. As you can see in the video below, the beacon should be much brighter.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

So having just watched the entire livestream from this past weekend, the lack of a proper light effect for the beacons is triggering the OCD side of me. In the stream we frequently see that the lights are bright enough to illuminate aircraft around you. Yet there is no light visible from the beacons themselves.:doh: I know it's mostly a minor detail, but immersion....

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

The amount of light that the beacons cast on objects is very realistic. Granted I've never seen a Viggens lights in person, but working around airliners when this kind of light was common, the light splash looks great. But the lack of any light effect on the bulbs themselves is indeed a bug.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

Asus Maximus IX Extreme