[REPORTED] DT2 LTWS Guidance

hein22

LTWS shouldn't be able to support a launch. Thats what TWS is for, the report rate of LTWS is too low to build an accurate track file.
Not true, the report rate of LTWS can be equal to TWS. You should be able to support datalink to an AIM-120 with RWS (LTWS). However I do believe firing from RWS should trigger an automatic switch to TWS so you can keep track of the L&S better with AUTO scan centering. However nothing even then would stop you from switching back to RWS.

Not true, the report rate of LTWS can be equal to TWS. You should be able to support datalink to an AIM-120 with RWS (LTWS). However I do believe firing from RWS should trigger an automatic switch to TWS so you can keep track of the L&S better with AUTO scan centering. However nothing even then would stop you from switching back to RWS.

LTWS should not provide any weapon steering as described earlier. I know you should be able to launch the missile onto a datalinked contact but I don't know if the version of AMRAAMs that we have support that or not. With respect to RWS to TWS transition, there's some missing HOTAS logic; hopefully ED adds that at some point.

Edited by Krippz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

LTWS should not provide any weapon steering as described earlier. I know you should be able to launch the missile onto a datalinked contact but I don't know if the version of AMRAAMs that we have support that or not. With respect to RWS to TWS transition, there's some missing HOTAS logic; hopefully ED adds that at some point.

Despite not agreeing with you (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=268214), even if you're right this bug report could translate into TWS when it is fixed. So I still think ED could benefit from taking a look at this. Thanks.

Stay safe

Your targets are too closely spaced together, and they are notching your AMRAAMs, then AMRAAMs are then reacquiring wrong target. I just tested it with properly spaced targets and it works fine.

Santi, thanks. I did same test and same issue was present. Will attach a track shortly. As for the notching, negative. I tested that mission 15 times and there is no notch at all. I will provide two tracks, one showing that if I don't change DT2 and L&S there is no notch. And the other one separating targets.

Edited by hein22

Stay safe

Your targets are too closely spaced together, and they are notching your AMRAAMs, then AMRAAMs are then reacquiring wrong target. I just tested it with properly spaced targets and it works fine.

As promised, attached one track showing there is no notch and that if you don't switch L&S and DT2 the bug doesn't appear. Second track shows targets separated by more than 5nm, no notch and immediately after switching L&S and DT2 the midcourse guidance shuts off. Easy to reproduce, let me know if I can help in any way. Thanks.

ltws midcourse DT2 no notch.trk

ltws midcourse DT2 no notch and more separation.trk

Stay safe

• 2 months later...