Can slave maverick to TGP, cannot lock maverick to target.

DoctorStrop

Why bother? Because in Force Correlate mode, TV-Mavs have a greater "effective" range than IR Mavs. You can pop SAMs from 10-14 nm out. IR's achieve lock at 7.5 or less.

I have flown the A-10C a lot; but never heard of a Force Correlate mode for Mavericks with that aircraft. Can you explain?

Edit: Forget it. I found some info and will try it. I have a feeling though that I have to locate the target with the Mav's video sensor and in my experience that is quite limited in range.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have flown the A-10C a lot; but never heard of a Force Correlate mode for Mavericks with that aircraft. Can you explain?

Edit: Forget it. I found some info and will try it. I have a feeling though that I have to locate the target with the Mav's video sensor and in my experience that is quite limited in range.

Can’t Force Correlate AGM-65Ds however...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Because in Force Correlate mode, TV-Mavs have a greater "effective" range than IR Mavs. You can pop SAMs from 10-14 nm out.

In DCS, that's true. But AFAIK IRL Force Correlate is nowhere near as accurate, and pilots would never use it to snipe something like a SAM or a stationary vehicle. It's better suited to launch at large objects like buildings.

Use the TGP to locate and set SPI on your target point - slave MAV to TGP - set MAV display SOI - Boat Switch forward, then Boat Switch center - TMS Up Short to fully collapse tracking gates - Fire

I've set up a mission to try the force correlate process. Targets were Shilkas and MBT's. Got some hits and some misses. I find that I'm more predictably successful with the IR Mav.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I've set up a mission to try the force correlate process. Targets were Shilkas and MBT's. Got some hits and some misses. I find that I'm more predictably successful with the IR Mav.

Sounds about right.

Force correlate isn't really a "free sniper rifle for MAVs". It's mainly used (if ever nowadays) for large, stationary targets. If i'm not mistaken the force correlate is simply a "picture" taken from the MAV's CCD sensor, from which then the missile aims for the dead center of said picture, which also leads to no tracking capability whatsoever - if a target moves the missile won't see it because it's aiming for that center of the picture

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

• 2 weeks later...

The advice in here worked great! TMS up short has been giving me good hits! Thank you thank you thank you! Was getting so frustrated locking targets with TGP then slaving and then mav soi flying closer and closer never getting a lock. Now I am locking up the target within range firing and rolling out. It's beautiful!

Any advice finding hidden targets with TGP? Shooting gallery mission waypoint 3 has t55 tanks hidden under trees. Only way I know they are there is by the labels. I have zoomed in and used all 3 visual modes like IR, and white. Just can't see them

Any advice finding hidden targets with TGP? Shooting gallery mission waypoint 3 has t55 tanks hidden under trees. Only way I know they are there is by the labels. I have zoomed in and used all 3 visual modes like IR, and white. Just can't see them

I think the mission was made before DCS 2.5 was released, which is why they are in the trees now. I don’t think you can find them unless you see tracers coming out of the trees. You can also just blanket the area with CBUs and get lucky :)

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

• 2 months later...

I Guess I'm damn idiot. I'm newto DCS and been playing for a couple weeks. I have only a few hours of play and the rest is trying to learn. Ive watched hours of vidoes , the A-10C lessons, and I still can not lock or fire MAV on A TARGET. I can get a lock on TGP and slave Mav to SPI but when I try to get it to lock on target , it just wont. I try and slew but still wont . It will lock on the ground, buildings tress, every thing I DONT want it to. I have notes from youtube but yet to find the correct procedure to lock and fire. Its very confusing but I do Have my China hat,Coolie SW, DMS and TMS locations on my throttle. Just looking for any help to TGP to steerpoint(wavpoint) and etc... Thanks guys

I Guess I'm damn idiot. I'm newto DCS and been playing for a couple weeks. I have only a few hours of play and the rest is trying to learn. Ive watched hours of vidoes , the A-10C lessons, and I still can not lock or fire MAV on A TARGET. I can get a lock on TGP and slave Mav to SPI but when I try to get it to lock on target , it just wont. I try and slew but still wont . It will lock on the ground, buildings tress, every thing I DONT want it to. I have notes from youtube but yet to find the correct procedure to lock and fire. Its very confusing but I do Have my China hat,Coolie SW, DMS and TMS locations on my throttle. Just looking for any help to TGP to steerpoint(wavpoint) and etc... Thanks guys

Which version of Mav?

D’s will lock at significantly longer range than H’s. Or to flip it around, you have to get very close (4nm +/-) in order to get a lock with the H.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

It works without any problem. I just checked using AGM-65D. After slaving the Maverick to the TGP I toggle the Mav's zoom so it zooms in. When the distance to target is well below 9 nm I start wggling the slew control very gently until I see that it has locked to the target., Works like a charm.

LeCuvier

It works without any problem. I just checked using AGM-65D. After slaving the Maverick to the TGP I toggle the Mav's zoom so it zooms in. When the distance to target is well below 9 nm I start wggling the slew control very gently until I see that it has locked to the target., Works like a charm.

Good advice.

In addition/as an addendum, instead of slewing the seeker around, I prefer to hit TMS Forward Short repeatedly until the missile tracks the target.