A10A autopilot

ChrisJD

Hi I had to re install DCS recently & thought I would fly the A10A & F15 again. So where is the autopilot for both these aircraft? The key strokes are listed, but have no effect. Am I missing something or have they actually been removed from the modules? ChrisJD

Hi JanK I have been using DCS since FC1, so I am familiar with the keystrokes for the Autopilot. I am currently using the latest version of DCS 2.5.4.27430. The A10A has no keystrokes/joystick buttons at all for an Autopilot, & the F15C has 3 listed - none of which work. Since there is nothing listed for the A10A, I would like to know why this has been omitted - when the real A10A has an autopilot? Hardly realistic! ED, answers please. ChrisJD

It's a long time since I played a-10a but I remember the autopilot works in the same way as for the a-10c. You have to activate EAC before turning AP on/off, and then you have 3 AP modes to choose. If you have no more keystrokes to assign in the last DCS version, it's a bug and you should report it.

Thanks nessuno0505 Yes I have tried different permutations of L Alt + 1 2 3 4 5 No luck. The problem is that on the Control set up for the A10A, the Autopilot is not listed at all - so obviously no keystrokes are going to be recognised. Perhaps I will raise a bug report with ED. ChrisJD

Solved I think!

Hi The Autopilot is NOT mentioned, nor is the EAC used for the this. The actual place is the LAAP. L Alt + A puts the Autopilot into Alt Hold. To change to other modes you press L Alt + A again, then select L Alt + 1 2 or 3 then press L Alt + A again & you should get Path hold or Path/Alt hold. I will have to have a play around to get things clear in my mind! ChrisJD

Hi I had to re install DCS recently & thought I would fly the A10A & F15 again. So where is the autopilot for both these aircraft? The key strokes are listed, but have no effect. Am I missing something or have they actually been removed from the modules? ChrisJD

In the F-15C you have A for attitude hold, and then H for altitude hold (in that order) and that's all there is.

Now, when you don't have the commands listed try:

1. Temporarily remove \Saved games\DCS\input\config\_aircraft_name_ so the game loads defaults

2. Temporarily remove any default profile for your HOTAS in \DCS\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Input\_aircraft_name_

Make backup copies or just rename the files when doing the changes!

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 1 year later...

just a short necro,

just today I tested the A-10A (as I try to get someone to use his, to finally start getting into DCS) and I just.could.not.get. the LAAP to work.

I do not know whether those switches on the LASTE panel are animated or not, but I followed the correct procedure, aka tried on/off, switch modes only when off and the LAAP would not come on.

Once I had a LAAP related line in the HUD, but the plane still would not use the LAAP.

Since this happened in Multiplayer and in the O-B branch, and this is a very old module with an AFM (so it has not received any special attention for long) I do not have a problem with it being bugged (except that it makes aiming Mavericks with the TDC and TV a little more tricky when your stick and trim is not the best) - I just would like to know if anyone knows a current state.

Thank you in advance

UPDATE: with O-B build 2.5.6.49798 the LAAP started working again for me - disregard post

Edited by rogorogo504
resolved with latest O-B build