Slew AGM-65F

Yep, the coolie hat. I use the DMS switch on the stick for weapon select.

In fact, with the exception of the paddle switch which I always use as a lever, then I am using the setup recommended in Chuck's Guide.

The DMS is my Sensor select Switch

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See Chuck's Guide for my setup. I tend to use his recommendations (+ various others for paddle lever and function keys for view options) for most modules.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I have no hat or buttons left which i could use. The "realistic" option works so far but i had to sacrifice a button i would like to use otherwise. I already have a deadzone of 20(!), axis tuning does nothing for me.

Wharthog Hotas

For X and Y Axis(Y axis inverted) i use

Deadzone 10, Saturetion x 100%, Saturation y 50%, Curvature +25

For the radar i find it a bit slow, the Maveriks a bit fast(frustrating), Atuobombing way too fast, unusualable

Edited by jackdaw

See Chuck's Guide for my setup. I tend to use his recommendations (+ various others for paddle lever and function keys for view options) for most modules.

I know his guide but i prefer creating my own mapping according to my liking

Deadzone 10, Saturetion x 100%, Saturation y 50%, Curvature +25

For the radar i find it a bit slow, the Maveriks a bit fast(frustrating), Atuobombing way too fast, unusualable

I know what you mean :D i think i found a good spot in between. Its just the additional press which is required to eventually lock onto a target that throws me off. This always moves the cursor a bit and im off the target. In the end its no big deal. Its just the one button im missing.

Edited by SkipperSMG

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know his guide but i prefer creating my own mapping according to my liking

Of course, I was simply pointing to what I use. As far as controls are concerned, it's totally a personal thing.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 3 months later...

Trouble with Maverick F

Hi,

I'm very disappointed. I have reported a Bug and it was wrongly marked as "fixed internally".

ED needs a real Bugtracker and not just a Forum section for that. (my suggestion)

I have reported a Bug related to the AGM-65F. NineLine was not able to reproduce it so he guessed it is fixed and marked the thread as "FIXED INTERNALLY". But this was only a GUESS!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3860704&postcount=12

Date of this post is 03-27-2019

And I'm still waiting for the fix or at least something that I know they will take care of it at some point.

When I posted the thread again it just was deleted, 3 times.

WHY are you not giving me some response? (DELETING is not a response)

We had so many patches since the 27-03-2019 for the F18. Are you holding it back or did it just slip through your hands?

I'm a big friend of communication and a long time Supporter, but right now I'm getting tired of reporting this Bug.

And I'm really wondering about ED here...

• ED Team
Ok, but I’m still have this problem and I’m not alone with that.

Have you used axis or buttons for the TDC slew?

And did you set the TDC slew to “unrealistic”?

I use unrealistic all the time, I have set the slew to many different ways and I haven't experienced it. I know that for example, it seems two Warthogs can react differently than each other, hence the reason we gave the unrealistic option.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Hi,

I'm very disappointed. I have reported a Bug and it was wrongly marked as "fixed internally".

ED needs a real Bugtracker and not just a Forum section for that. (my suggestion)

I have reported a Bug related to the AGM-65F. NineLine was not able to reproduce it so he guessed it is fixed and marked the thread as "FIXED INTERNALLY". But this was only a GUESS!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3860704&postcount=12

Date of this post is 03-27-2019

And I'm still waiting for the fix or at least something that I know they will take care of it at some point.

When I posted the thread again it just was deleted, 3 times.

WHY are you not giving me some response? (DELETING is not a response)

We had so many patches since the 27-03-2019 for the F18. Are you holding it back or did it just slip through your hands?

I'm a big friend of communication and a long time Supporter, but right now I'm getting tired of reporting this Bug.

And I'm really wondering about ED here...

Neor, I watched your latest video, on the previous thread. I saw that you had NOT enabled the realistic TDC slew. I fly with the option enabled, using the Warthog with the modified TDC stick and it's working fine.

It's my understanding (Wags, NineLine, feel free to correct me) that the non-realistic mode works by trying to lock something up once the TDC stops moving, even for a little while. I guess that the algorithm used tries to lock something under the reticle and sometimes the seeker view jumps to a possible "lock candidate".

This is not that different from what happens with the realistic mode, when the TDC is released (un-depressed). The seeker is trying to figure out if something is eligible for a lock and it might jump around a bit, before going into break mode.

I would suggest that you test it out in a completely empty environment, such as the edges of a map, where there aren't any trees or buildings etc, thus no "lock candidates".

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

This is correct, I'm using the "unrealistic" TDC slew.

I have tried to figure out what the problem is or the reason why it jumps back to the previous lock position. Still I'm not sure what happens there.

It is really a pain to use the AGM-65F because of this Problem.

Is there any way for me to debug that lock behavior? Which shows what is locked at the moment?

And I still don't understand why NineLine cant reproduce it.

I'm not the only one with this bug. What else could cause this Problem?

We want different Axis Tune settings for MAV and ATTCK Radar

AND

perhaps different setting even still for MAV FOV zoomed in and out

people who cannot lock, did u chk your TV screen is Active (sensor diamond)

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3863219&postcount=17

Same problem with realistic or unrealistic TDC slew settings.

I'm not quite sure what is 'not working'.

Releasing the depress, the cross will go in search mode, which you are pointing at grass and 'somewhere' in villages the camera recognition mode goes on weekend leave.

Also the big +, which is the VV, is quite a lot from center, which pulls the 'cross search mode' hard to the right.

You better, when at a measured distance 'fly' the cross on the target, so one just pickles the depress, and buildings you have to keep the cross steady on a building's even flat surface.

That's how I have no problem working with the F.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Do you see how it jumps?

I'm not seeing anything unusual.

It locks perfectly well on trees that have proper contrast points,

it jumps when you're *not* aiming at specific contrast points or holding it steady on surfaces, surfaces which you have to fly into. I also miss your VV cross, and I assume you're way out of bounds anyway.

I don't think it uses contrast.

It is the same problem if I have vehicles there. If it snaps to the ground left or right of the vehicle it is very difficult to change it to the vehicle then. Because it always jumps back.

What do you mean with "VV cross"?

"out of bounds" or not does not change the bug.

I don't think it uses contrast.

It is the same problem if I have vehicles there. If it snaps to the ground left or right of the vehicle it is very difficult to change it to the vehicle then. Because it always jumps back.

What do you mean with "VV cross"?

"out of bounds" or not does not change the bug.

Rethinking this you might be right, there might be a bug in 'unrealistic' mode, not all setups, not all the time, or DCS would not have released it,

but for now, in cases with setups like yours,

if you want to use the -F you have to figure out a setup that will use depress, for that seems to work right now, not for all setups, not all the time.

Mine works fine.

Edited by majapahit

TDC in F18

anyone having issues with TDC for F-Mavs not slewing I can slew radar and SA but not the Mavs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

If you use the Thrustmaster Warthog I think the TDC slew and the depress cancel eachother out. I just mapped a second TDC slew and it works just fine.

I think this is a n issue with older Warthog throttles. I've got mine in 2017 and I can depress and slew just fine.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro