Slew AGM-65F

ED has answered our prayers! Thanks guys! Appreciate the flexibility!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3720837&postcount=101

Didn't check this forum for a while. No pressure towards the dev's, but I was just wondering, did ED give any status update yet about this?

(I kinda gave up using the agm-65f with my Warthog hotas and thought I'd wait for ED to give us the "easy" slew option.)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maverick Slewing with TM Warthog

I currently have a different button bound to TDC press which works ok but is far from ideal. A few weeks ago one of Wag's Mini updates talked about adding an option to not have to depress the TDC in order to slew. I haven't seen anything since then and I can't find any option in the menus, has this been implemented yet?

The warthog throttle slew is among the worst designs and is not the same as in the real A-10.

So ED can't work with it, it is a hardware issue and out of ED's hands.

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The warthog throttle slew is among the worst designs and is not the same as in the real A-10.

So ED can't work with it, it is a hardware issue and out of ED's hands.

I have no trouble whatsoever with the TS Warthog throttle slew in any dcs module, also slewing the a/a radar in the Hornet works totally fine. It's just the unusual tdc depress combination that's causing issues (so far I only had problems with slewing the agm-65f).

Aside from that, I dare to say most of the DCS users are using the TM Warthog (even Wags iirc ;)), so it's not a strange question to do something about the current slew issue.

Some of us are just wondering if ED is still working on this. A simple yes or no would suffice :)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Even if someone could make the TDC slew work with TDC depressed, I believe it would be useless. It's not easy to slew it with any precision even without the button depressed. With the button depressed it would become jerky. I just use the Master Mode button on my TM WH grip for the TDC Depress command and that works fine.

Hopefully the VPC throttle will be delivered with a better slew control one day.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I agree my Warthog slew is unusable when depressed. Works perfectly as the radar slew (not pressed). If we could have this option back for the Mavs that would be awesome.

I think Wags said this is coming.

Even if someone could make the TDC slew work with TDC depressed, I believe it would be useless. It's not easy to slew it with any precision even without the button depressed. With the button depressed it would become jerky. I just use the Master Mode button on my TM WH grip for the TDC Depress command and that works fine.

Hopefully the VPC throttle will be delivered with a better slew control one day.

Curves (25) and a good dead zone (25) work for me

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I disagree. As Wags said, it will require "significant recoding", the time that could be used to make something that really exists on hornet.

And where's the end? Everyone can request some unrealistic option for hornet just because his gear is outdated? cmon.

When my PC with 8gb of ram became too weak to support DCS MP, I haven't cried to recode whole DCS to allow me to play it.

Indeed Wags said it needed significant recoding.. He also said, don't expect it in next Wednesday's update (that doesn't quite give me the impression we'll need to wait years on this :smilewink:)

System specs:

Realism ends where a module can't be flown with existing and widely spread hardware, like the HOTAS Warthog (but not only). By the way, how much realism is there in 'flying' an aircraft, while sitting in an office-chair and looking at a screen that's standing on a desk? Of course it is important that we orient ourselves as close as possible to the real aircraft, but we should not become slaves of realism. The modules must also remain flyable. :smartass:

We simply need a check-box to use TDC depress or not. Those who can't live without realism, can use it - but I think that is masochistic at the moment. :smilewink:

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

A workaround I found was to use the boat switch forward as TDC depress, because it’s a locking switch you can just flick it on then move the seeker as needed and then flick it off.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Man why didn't I think of this before? Thanks man, good workaround.

No probs!:thumbup:

:pilotfly:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I disagree. As Wags said, it will require "significant recoding", the time that could be used to make something that really exists on hornet.

And where's the end? Everyone can request some unrealistic option for hornet just because his gear is outdated? cmon.

When my PC with 8gb of ram became too weak to support DCS MP, I haven't cried to recode whole DCS to allow me to play it.

Yeah all those cheap guys using their bloody outdated TM Warthog ;) How dare they!

If you have the TDC cursor setup as an axis you can tune the axis to adjust the speed at which it moves. It will however effect your TDC on the radar as well. I don't believe there is a way to configure the slew rate on just the MAV seeker.

Strange... There is very much a way to do this on the A-10C.....

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Errrr, I run a TMWH, had a pause off DCS for a couple of weeks (dug up that other civ sim), my TMWH push&slew did work couple of months ago,

then couple of weeks ago not anymore (I simply fly the diamond on the target),

so, I remembered I had set my SC push/slew like on the default A10C settings (as in almost not), so just changed that back to default 'Reset' (afterwards tweaked with a curve and a max Y),

and I just tested it because of this thread, my SC push&slew works fine.

Openbeta of a couple of days ago hotfix 2.5.4.26552

?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• ED Team

Dear all,

With one of the recent updates, the Maverick TDC for the Warthog throttle was mostly fixed. I say mostly because not all Warthog throttles were created equally and some still have issues. For instance, I have two Warthog throttles and one works great with the Maverick TDC slew while the other is a nightmare to use.

As such, we are still working on an alternate method to slew the TDC without the need for a simultaneous TDC press and selected from the Options/Hornet/Special page. This is not trivial though as requires a great deal of new code to account for a new seeker uncage lock logic.

Not a promise, but it should be available Feb ’19. The same engineer working on this is also responsible for JDAM/JSOW, and those are huge tasks.

- Wags

I seem to be having the same problem as the original poster. My TDC will not slew.

I read the first page of posts, but then this thread went OT about TDC accuracy.

In the first few posts I read that you need to make the 'radar' the TDC SOI diamond. Is that the Attack Radar? I even tried that and it didn't help. This a A/G weapon so I had the diamond on the Mav FLIR and that does not let it slew. So, I am lost.. Help.

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I seem to be having the same problem as the original poster. My TDC will not slew.

I read the first page of posts, but then this thread went OT about TDC accuracy.

In the first few posts I read that you need to make the 'radar' the TDC SOI diamond. Is that the Attack Radar? I even tried that and it didn't help. This a A/G weapon so I had the diamond on the Mav FLIR and that does not let it slew. So, I am lost.. Help.

Correct, you need to sensor select the MAV screen (diamond), not the radar.

With the F/A-18C you also need to press and hold TDC press button and slew the seeker at the same time. Release the TDC press button over a target to acquire a lock.

With the TMHW throttle however there seems to be an issue with pressing the TDC and slewing it the same time. A work around is to create a different TDC press button then the "nipple joystick".

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

A workaround I found was to use the boat switch forward as TDC depress, because it’s a locking switch you can just flick it on then move the seeker as needed and then flick it off.

That's a smart way to do it, thanks for the tip. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Correct, you need to sensor select the MAV screen (diamond), not the radar.

With the F/A-18C you also need to press and hold TDC press button and slew the seeker at the same time. Release the TDC press button over a target to acquire a lock.

With the TMHW throttle however there seems to be an issue with pressing the TDC and slewing it the same time. A work around is to create a different TDC press button then the "nipple joystick".

Thanks, but I think that might suck.

I have the TDC set as an axis hat on my VKB stick. The hat 'short' press is the TDC Press. Never thought I would have to long press it!! On the VKB sticks a long press changes the hat to a POV hat! So that will probably not work.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

As such, we are still working on an alternate method to slew the TDC without the need for a simultaneous TDC press and selected from the Options/Hornet/Special page. This is not trivial though as requires a great deal of new code to account for a new seeker uncage lock logic.

Not a promise, but it should be available Feb ’19. The same engineer working on this is also responsible for JDAM/JSOW, and those are huge tasks.

- Wags

That would be awesome! Hope it works out.

I am all for realism, but hate to change my assignments just because my VKB Long TDC press will change my hat to a POV. I can't think of another aircraft I fly that needs to work that way.

That would be awesome! Hope it works out.

I am all for realism, but hate to change my assignments just because my VKB Long TDC press will change my hat to a POV. I can't think of another aircraft I fly that needs to work that way.

I also have a mcg pro grip and what I do is use the warthog slew mouse and I've assigned the tdc depress to the down press function of the 5 way thumb button on the mcg pro. I imagine this works as long as you hold that button down and slew. I don't use any of the other hats on the grip to slew since the stick is very sensitive to movements and it throws me off my flight path if I do.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz