Helios 1.4 - Taking to the Skys Once Again

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of the original 2 Youtube tutorials on how to install Helios, I am looking to get back in the game with the new version of Helios(I have not used Helios in about a year). is there a summary of revised instructions on what I need to change or add in addition to what is indicated in the Youtube tutorials? Im talking stuff like what lines need to be in the .lua, any other objects that need to be added to the new Helios file to get instruments etc? Thanks,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I know I am rusty, but I cant seem to figure out why I cant take Capt Zeens F-18 profile and fit it to my screen size? Using "Reset Monitors" in Helios did not work, nor did clicking on the graph then "Control-A" then holding shift to try and drag the graph and stretch it to the left, it wont move? Any help would be appreciated.

741776692_ResetMonitor.thumb.png.27c1bdbb16e0552ab9beb121d02244bb.png

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hi guys.

Thanks for continuing this DCS cornerstone that Helios is.

I built up a new rig and for the occasion installed your new version of Helios (was running the latest Gadroc version before on my older rig).

So I copied my profiles and reset the monitors then added the interface. Yes, I also added the line to the export.lua and copied the Helios directory with the exports into the scripts directory.

The profiles are working great (using capt zeen ones) BUT all the switches register twice when I press them on my touch screen so it makes the profiles unusable. Any suggestion why?

Thanks.

Bad what line are you talking about above?

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

Hello everybody,

I can not run the export of Helios 1.4 - AV8B profile.

The problem is probably the export.lua. I tried the new structure of the export (https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts).

For the test I tested the new structure of the export also with my Ka50 profile. Unfortunately it does not work either.

Only the Export.lua of CaptZeen works, but in this unfortunately the AV8B is not included.

Does anyone have a working Export.lua for me with the AV8B?

Thank you and best regards

Tronix

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

my DCS World - Ka50 Pit Project: :pilotfly:

http://www.ka50.de

Is there anything that can be done about the crappy refresh rate?

I'm flying the HUEY profile (and aside from bugs with the profile) when I try and change the compass heading or ADF freq the lag means that even the slightest touch, and the dial just spins for ages on it's own.

The needles lag, and the Airspeed Indicator is totally out of sync with the speed of the helo.

But the refresh rate is appalling. It was bad in 1.3 so it's nothing new in 1.4, but can this be addressed as a matter of urgency?

Because for some strange reason CaptZeen doesn't own a 1920x1080 touchscreen panel - he does all the work on a different sized screen!? O.o

There are two files, and the b file is the right aspect ratio, but all it does is most the panel into the centre, it's not new images / files.

Maybe he'll start doing these in the correct aspect ratio, but I wouldnt' hold your breath.

Is there anything that can be done about the crappy refresh rate?

I'm flying the HUEY profile (and aside from bugs with the profile) when I try and change the compass heading or ADF freq the lag means that even the slightest touch, and the dial just spins for ages on it's own.

The needles lag, and the Airspeed Indicator is totally out of sync with the speed of the helo.

But the refresh rate is appalling. It was bad in 1.3 so it's nothing new in 1.4, but can this be addressed as a matter of urgency?

The UH1H profile was made it, long time ago, using the old FC2 helios interface.

And all the outputs are done directly by key commands. So the permormance was to bad, and of course the refresh rate of the key commands depend directly from the key repetition time in windows.

The good news: i am working right now in the new UH1H v2.0 using the new general purpuse interface, so soon, the new version is going to be published, without all the old problems. Probably is going to be finish this week. I let you know how it is going.

Hello everybody,

I can not run the export of Helios 1.4 - AV8B profile.

The problem is probably the export.lua. I tried the new structure of the export (https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts).

For the test I tested the new structure of the export also with my Ka50 profile. Unfortunately it does not work either.

Only the Export.lua of CaptZeen works, but in this unfortunately the AV8B is not included.

Does anyone have a working Export.lua for me with the AV8B?

Thank you and best regards

Tronix

With permission of Bluefinbima, i prepared a new export files package including his new AV8B profile, the CapLoz A10C, and all my helios profiles.

You can download from the download section on my site:

http://www.captzeen.com

bye !

With permission of Bluefinbima, i prepared a new export files package including his new AV8B profile, the CapLoz A10C, and all my helios profiles.

You can download from the download section on my site:

http://www.captzeen.com

bye !

Sorry, I am a bit confused. I cannot even find the AV-8B BlueFinbima profile? Is there an export.lua but the profile is not yet available? I had asked about it's release in a post above, but got no response. Now Capt Zeen's post seems to indicate it may have been released? If so, where can I download it?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Sorry, I am a bit confused. I cannot even find the AV-8B BlueFinbima profile? Is there an export.lua but the profile is not yet available? I had asked about it's release in a post above, but got no response. Now Capt Zeen's post seems to indicate it may have been released? If so, where can I download it?

Here you can download it - AV-8B BlueFinbima:

https://github.com/BlueFinBima/DCS-AV-8B-NA-Profile

Export.lua Capt Zeen:

http://www.captzeen.com/helios/downloads.asp

and Capt Zeen did a great job integrating the AV8 Export.lua

with me the AV8 export and the profile of "BlueFinbima" super.

Thank you guys, Greetings Tronix

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Capt Zeen

I know that there are YouTube videos on how Helios works, but they are a little confusing and some are limited to use in BMS and not DCS. I look forward to your documenting how to use the new Helios so we can perhaps make our own generic profiles for the F14, etc.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Export.lua Capt Zeen:

Wow! Thanks.. I never would have found that!!

Looks great. Thanks for your work BlueFinbina!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

First, Thanks for the Heliios profile link to the AV8, , and the most important, thanks BlueFinBima for the excellent profile.and thanks to CapZeen for the ".lua" exports files

I downloaded and tested it and I found some things that do not work for me.

The first thing is that the buttons of the UFC and the MFD remained pressed, that is solved by adding the "release button" in the "output" of the profile one by one.

But in INS MODE SWITCH of CENTER CONSOLE it does not work at all,the movement in the HELIOS profile works, but it is not reflected in the simulator and in the same way, the movement in the simulator is not reflected in the HELIOS.

It happens to someone else? Would anyone know how to tell me the solution?

Thanks

First, Thanks for the Heliios profile link to the AV8, , and the most important, thanks BlueFinBima for the excellent profile.and thanks to CapZeen for the ".lua" exports files

The first thing is that the buttons of the UFC and the MFD remained pressed, that is solved by adding the "release button" in the "output" of the profile one by one.

But in INS MODE SWITCH of CENTER CONSOLE it does not work at all,the movement in the HELIOS profile works, but it is not reflected in the simulator and in the same way, the movement in the simulator is not reflected in the HELIOS.

Thanks

I could really use some help in how this is done sir. Remember, you are talking to a 64 year old with the skills of a 3 year old when it comes to doing these things.:helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

Thanks

I have the same issues. I think the AV8B profile is not quite fit yet and free of Bug's.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is anyone else running an all in one MonitorSetup.lua so you can have a variety of modules running under 1 roof? If so, I am trying to add the FA-18C module by adding it to my existing all inclusive monitorsetup.lua, but I think I gaffed it! If I could take a peek at someone elses I would be able to figure out what I am doing wrong, thanks.

Once there was a time when we had the function reconfigure_for_unit() ...

Some time ago I stopped following and checking if it was made avaliable again and made my own solution by giving every exportable view a distinct title and built a suitable all-in-one monitor-file.

If this is what you are looking for (be aware: only some modules included - not the whole shelf), pls drop me a note.

Export.lua Capt Zeen:

Installed HELIOS 1.4, and and am using CZ latest export.lua with AV-8 calls. However, all my old profiles work, but the BFB AV-8 profile is completely unresponsive. any ideas? I saw someone post that some changes were required to the profile, but I don't think that is my issue.