PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

For those concerned about not getting your invoice right away. This is the order, invoice, and shipping schedule Carol and I are trying to keep to make things flow smother.

1) Thursday (2000 Zulu, +-5 hours) - Announce the Now Serving numbers

2) Tuesday (2000 Zulu, +-5 hours) - Send out all invoices for received emailed orders.

3) Thursday (1700 Zulu +-5 hours ) - Print postage for payments received. Prepare and box

PointCTRL Kits, followed by step 1 for next weeks orders

4) Friday (1300 Zulu +- 4 hours) - Deliver orders to U.S. Post Office

Carol's orders@pointctrl.com email is getting a lot of non-order emails, so we have to sort through them together. The invoices go out on Tuesday all at once. If by Wednesday morning you did not receive your invoice, please email her and she will send one.

The goal is to ship on Fridays so we have time to fix things if you didn't get your invoice or have questions.

Progress has been slow on the website, but we are looking at a way's to move this process there to simplify things a bit. Probably individual passwords sent when your number is up that allow you to order directly from the site. The waiting list will be there in the form of placing an order without payment and getting an email when your number is up and its time for payment.

Thanks,

Miles

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Managing a constantly changing list with over 200 calls signs in a specific order and you only miss one R. If I were trying to manage that list list, the torches and pitchforks would have been out months ago.

I can't thank you enough FireCat,

Miles

Lols. me too on realising I had missed an R I immediately stripped to the waist walked to the naughty corner and began to flog my back. Tonight I shall go to bed in an itchy horsehair shirt as further punishment.:bash:

Hi, yes that is you, sorry somehow the R got left off but I have now amended it in the list Miles has already answered the second part of your question.

Again I apologise for missing the R but sometimes it happens when copy and pasting lines.

Regards

No problem Firecat.I contact Miles. :)

Edit : PM send to Miles and order to Carol.

Edited by Phoenix FR

New VR Pointing Device

Pleased to report that I received PointCTRL #79 today!

Not pleased to report I am still working on my new cockpit. Design and construction are done, just working on assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Pleased to report that I received PokntCTRL #79 today!

Not pleased to report I am still working on my new cockpit. Design and construction are done, just working on assembly.

Totally jealous being one number behind you! But I'm sure I'll get my invoice tomorrow & will hopefully have PointCTRL on hand (literally!) mid next week!

At this rate it’s going to be a few days before I get everything up and running....

This is wearing me out.

d95fc5fd1b459e2fd58fac5f0cc59a2f.jpg

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Boy that looks sweet!

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Thanks. I don’t want it to distract from the thread subject though, so I suggest you look at /r/HOTAS on Reddit for now, where I’ve posted more details. Later on I’ll put a thread on the ED Forums showing everything.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

No please distract us, That is awesome!!! I like how you cut the seat, was it difficult with the Mustang seat? My Audi seat has the electric motors and mechanics for adjustment in the center so I'm going to have to get another one.

This actually looks like a great setup for using PointCTRL. My old setup had flat panels on the sides, and I would rest my finger on it when pushing the buttons or throwing switches. It was steadier and added a bit more feedback.

I hoping TribunDF shares his sim-pit that employs the latest in stealth technology. The pit only shows up as a nice piece of furniture on spousal radar. I, and I'm sure others, are interested to hear how he manages PointCTRL in a tight space.

Just a FYI for numbers 71 thru 78. I had an extra kit from last weeks shipment and RogueSqdn was the first only and only respondent at that time, so we did a midnight invoice. All others are going out tomorrow.

Thanks,

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Thanks. I don’t want it to distract from the thread subject though, so I suggest you look at /r/HOTAS on Reddit for now, where I’ve posted more details. Later on I’ll put a thread on the ED Forums showing everything.

I'll look for it. I also added a thread to the discord channel just for sharing such stuff.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

I haven't used Reddit much so couldn't find your thread. Do you have a link?

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Something woke me up just now, but here’s a link.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

No please distract us, That is awesome!!! I like how you cut the seat, was it difficult with the Mustang seat? My Audi seat has the electric motors and mechanics for adjustment in the center so I'm going to have to get another one.

This actually looks like a great setup for using PointCTRL. My old setup had flat panels on the sides, and I would rest my finger on it when pushing the buttons or throwing switches. It was steadier and added a bit more feedback.

I used a knife to cut the foam and a hacksaw to cut the steel frame. Tiring but not too difficult. The pain was last night, when I had to sew in black fabric I bought to cover the hole after the car seat cover I bought wouldn’t work out on its own.

I don’t yet know for certain about the sides, but at some point I may install some switches, with an eye towards both commonality among aircraft and necessity of having tactile feedback. Also of need will be switches for some FC3 functions.

Which brings me to a question. I remember seeing at some point there were going to be zones outside your POV that you could click and have a function execute. Is that still the case?

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Use the link in the signature of MilesD. That is working for me.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Which brings me to a question. I remember seeing at some point there were going to be zones outside your POV that you could click and have a function execute. Is that still the case?

You are correct, I have completed the PointCTRL side of things but I still need the PC side and the programmable GUI for the keys.

Unfortunately, I am running up to the memory and speed limits of the 32U4 micro-controller. Since the steam base stations are not being used by many VR users, I can make an option to remove all of the filtering code and save some space and increase performance.

I may have to switch to a new micro controller for more features and Manufacturer HMD specific integration down the road. I will try and use the same form factor. That way current users can upgrade with just a board swap.

Thanks for the question,

Miles

Edited by MilesD

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Hello MilesD,

I left a couple of PM's and also sent an email to orders@pointctrl.com. I have not heard anything back from you. I am 765 on the list and want to make sure the original post has all the proper contact points. let me know.

Thanks

Metro

Carols got you Metro, Invoice's go out today (Tuesdays) per new SOP.

Thanks,

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Cockpit is put together and working now. Not happy with keyboard tray solution at first (reusing Obutto Mount). I may just use keyboard in lap until I come up with something.

Probably won’t get to test PointCTRL tonight... the Braves are on. ⚾

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

All of this weeks invoices have been sent out, or are awaiting clarification. If your number is under 90 and you didn't receive an invoice per your email order, please PM me or contact Carol at orders@pointctrl.com

Thanks,

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

New VR Pointing Device

Well here's a finished (for now) photo.

Maybe it's my imagination, but I'm having an issue getting the monitor level. The bubble level says it's great; my imagination says otherwise. ;)

So, a list of what you see:

1. 42" Insignia TV, 1080p. Used it with the Obutto and see no reason to upgrade.

2. Bose computer speakers (L/R only, no fancy setup)

3. TrackIR5. Still used if I fly without VR, or in BMS.

4. Thrustmaster TPR pedals. I just got them last week and haven't flown with them yet. I used to use the Saitek Combat Pedals.

5. Logitech G513 Carbon w/GX Blue switches. I'm a keyboard nut, and this may be my last one. Love it. The keyboard tray is attached to the old Obutto rotating mount. The mousepad is a XXXL mousepad from Amazon that covers the whole tray, about 37x15".

6. Logitech G600 mouse. I use the side buttons for cut/copy/paste/home/end/task view, etc.

7. RealSimulator FSSB R3 with Warthog grip.

8. (covered up next to trash can) another Warthog grip that has a 15 degree offset tailpiece adapter installed (not needed if I use an extension, though), and VPC T-50CM2 grip. Waiting on VPC WarBRD grip and VFX F-14 grip.

9. VPC WarBRD base with 10cm extension and TM F/A-18C grip. The joystick stand is built on a toilet flange and 3" PVC pipe. I took some extra fabric left over from the chair and covered the flange with it.

10. Passenger seat from a 1995 Mustang, $30 at the junkyard, and a $24 seat cover set from Amazon (came with 4 covers). The seatbelt loop I left on as a handy place to hang

11. Oculus Rift S.

12. iPad Mini 4 with a OneTigris slip cover in Multicam. The Lightning cable is ran to a charging port on my USB hub (located behind the seat)

13. VPC T-50 throttle. The new T-50CM throttle is on order. I cannibalized the F/A-18C comm and TDC knobs from an old Thrustmaster TWCS and hot-glued them on the switches on the VPC throttle.

14. Warthog throttle, hidden inside the left console when not in use. I can unmount the VPC throttle easily when I want to switch. The WH throttle has the DeltaSim TDC upgrade.

15. A cheap volume control USB knob I got off Amazon, since the keyboard lacks a dedicated volume control, and I hate using the FN key to do so.

16. The other cannibalized Obutto part, the cupholder.

17. Two wireless trackballs, one righty and one lefty, from Elecom, via Amazon.

18. My six-year old Falcon NW Mach V. Due to be replaced next year, hopefully. I wouldn't be able to afford it, but it's within reach due to unfortunate reasons (VA disability).

You can also see hints of my Braves bobblehead collection and USAF headgear. The cockpit surfaces that are gray are outdoor carpet from Lowes that was $0.50/sq ft, and have a bonus of sticking to Velcro. I plan on covering the side console with some of my patches (48FW being the big one).

Whew! Distraction over, Miles! ;)

Hopefully I can get started with PointCTRL tomorrow. I haven't flown in almost two weeks, having been working on this cockpit that long (and sweating myself silly doing it in North Carolina heat!). I would normally wait for cooler weather to do something like this, but I'm due for another knee surgery next month and wanted to get this done before then.

IMG_4144.thumb.jpeg.8cca0e8b1899711d21ba463ae9305e72.jpeg

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Well here's a finished (for now) photo.

Maybe it's my imagination, but I'm having an issue getting the monitor level. The bubble level says it's great; my imagination says otherwise. ;)

So, a list of what you see:

1. 42" Insignia TV, 1080p. Used it with the Obutto and see no reason to upgrade.

2. Bose computer speakers (L/R only, no fancy setup)

3. TrackIR5. Still used if I fly without VR, or in BMS.

4. Thrustmaster TPR pedals. I just got them last week and haven't flown with them yet. I used to use the Saitek Combat Pedals.

5. Logitech G513 Carbon w/GX Blue switches. I'm a keyboard nut, and this may be my last one. Love it. The keyboard tray is attached to the old Obutto rotating mount. The mousepad is a XXXL mousepad from Amazon that covers the whole tray, about 37x15".

6. Logitech G600 mouse. I use the side buttons for cut/copy/paste/home/end/task view, etc.

7. RealSimulator FSSB R3 with Warthog grip.

8. (covered up next to trash can) another Warthog grip that has a 15 degree offset tailpiece adapter installed (not needed if I use an extension, though), and VPC T-50CM2 grip. Waiting on VPC WarBRD grip and VFX F-14 grip.

9. VPC WarBRD base with 10cm extension and TM F/A-18C grip. The joystick stand is build on a toilet flange and 3" PVC pipe. I took some extra fabric left over from the chair and covered the flange with it.

10. Passenger seat from a 1995 Mustang, $30 at the junkyard, and a $24 seat cover set from Amazon (came with 4 covers). The seatbelt loop I left on as a handy place to hang

11. Oculus Rift S.

12. iPad Mini 4 with a OneTigris slip cover in Multicam. The Lightning cable is ran to a charging port on my USB hub (located behind the seat)

13. VPC T-50 throttle. The new T-50CM throttle is on order. I cannibalized the F/A-18C comm and TDC knobs from an old Thrustmaster TWCS and hot-glued them on the switches on the VPC throttle.

14. Warthog throttle, hidden inside the left console when not in use. I can unmount the VPC throttle easily when I want to switch. The WH throttle has the DeltaSim TDC upgrade.

15. A cheap volume control USB knob I got off Amazon, since the keyboard lacks a dedicated volume control, and I hate using the FN key to do so.

16. The other cannibalized Obutto part, the cupholder.

17. Two wireless trackballs, one righty and one lefty, from Elecom, via Amazon.

18. My six-year old Falcon NW Mach V. Due to be replaced next year, hopefully. I wouldn't be able to afford it, but it's within reach due to unfortunate reasons (VA disability).

You can also see hints of my Braves bobblehead collection and USAF headgear. The cockpit surfaces that are gray are outdoor carpet from Lowes that was $0.50/sq ft, and have a bonus of sticking to Velcro. I plan on covering the side console with some of my patches (48FW being the big one).

Whew! Distraction over, Miles! ;)

Hopefully I can get started with PointCTRL tomorrow. I haven't flown in almost two weeks, having been working on this cockpit that long (and sweating myself silly doing it in North Carolina heat!). I would normally wait for cooler weather to do something like this, but I'm due for another knee surgery next month and wanted to get this done before then.

Looks great. Really dig the carpet covering!!

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord