GBU-12 consistently off target

Manuel_108

I've never used the save button after each change. I always change to ccrp when I need and then change auto-lase to on and set the lase time then hit save. I've never not had it work this way. Something people havnt mentioned yet, is make sure your TGP is lazing and not just IR pointing. Will have to have either L for laser or B for both laser and IR pointer.

Are you sure TGP will not turn on laser to aim anyway, even if it is in set to IR mode?

Are you sure TGP will not turn on laser to aim anyway, even if it is in set to IR mode?

In my experience (and many mistakes resulting in me kicking myself), if it is not set to Laser and possibly Both (never tried that), it won't laze. It will only fire the IR beam and not the laser itself.

It's something I always check.

As for the above discussion, I always make ALL changes (set to CCRP, set lase time, set auto-lase, etc.), then I hit "save" and it always works for me. Without fail.

Now - I do know that when selecting the GBU-12, the HUD automatically brings up CCIP. But I'm so used to it I immediately switch it to CCRP without a 2nd thought. And it works perfectly for me. Is this how it really works? Is it a bug? No idea.

I just make sure the bomb has more than 13-15 seconds to fall and I set my lase time to 12. At 12 seconds to go, I usually initiate the lase myself (For some reason, I've never trusted the auto-lase. Sometimes it kicks in, and sometimes, most of the time really, it never kicks in on it's own.).

Using that method, I can kill things left and right.

For moving targets I'll usually start the lase a little early. Around 14-15 seconds. And I'll still get direct hits.

The only time I've missed is when the target is on a slope. Probably my fault for not lasing, holding forward while marking, releasing the lase, then releasing the long-forward command for marking. I know that the laser is supposed to give a more accurate elevation/distance. Although I'm not sure how well this simulated.

Oh, and I've been using 1.5.2.whatever.

ASUS Sabertooth P67 :: Intel i5-2500 3.0 GHz :: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 :: 16 GB DDR3 RAM :: Crucial 240 GB SSD :: WD Black 2TB HD :: 50" Magnavox TV as monitor :: TrackIR 5 :: Saitek X52 :: Saitek Rudder Pedals

...or switching "Latch on" as mentioned earlier for Manuel_108... :smilewink:

Haha yeah. I DO set that in my flow. I just forgot to mention it. Being at work, I was trying to get as much info out as possible without drawing suspicion haha.

ASUS Sabertooth P67 :: Intel i5-2500 3.0 GHz :: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 :: 16 GB DDR3 RAM :: Crucial 240 GB SSD :: WD Black 2TB HD :: 50" Magnavox TV as monitor :: TrackIR 5 :: Saitek X52 :: Saitek Rudder Pedals

I believe it means that you don't have to hold down the nosewheel steering button to keep the laser constantly firing.

It basically turns it into something like a light switch. On or off. With "Latch On", not selected, you have to hold down the button to keep the laser firing all the way to impact. Otherwise it will just send out a quick pulse, or however long you hold the button down for.

With it enabled, you press the button, turn it on. Wait for "death from above" to find it's mark, then press the button again to turn it off.

I did that and now it works perfectly, thanks again. Managed to get 4 direct hits on tanks from different altitudes, it's all good now.

What does Latch on stand for btw?

If latch is on, it means you push the NWS once, and lasing continues until the next NWS button push. If latch is off, lasing goes just as long as you keep the button pressed.

Latch is a simple mechanism to keep a door locked. Google it up and click on Images from the findings.

I did that and now it works perfectly, thanks again. Managed to get 4 direct hits on tanks from different altitudes, it's all good now.

What does Latch on stand for btw?

Basically it's another word for a door lock or a lock.

Without it you have to keep pressing the button, with it one push is on, one push is off.

edit : totally burned with the new page ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Auto lase does not appear to be working in latest update to 2.0. If I set "Latch ON" and drop a GBU12 then hit the Lase/NWS button the "L" in the TGP blinks once or twice then shuts off causing my GBU12 to hit somewhere else. If I keep "Latch OFF" then drop the bomb and hold the "Lase/NWS button the "L" continues to flash and the bomb hits it's target. Done this test 3 times with same results. So "Latch ON" is not working.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

What's the minimum altitude for a GBU-10/12?

I'm quite successful at anything over 6,000ft with Auto-Lase on for 8 secs but anything below doesn't hit at all.....no impact point/explosion. The laser is shown as firing but no joy :(

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Brilliant stuff on that, thanks Razor18 !

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

• 3 years later...