That didn't last long...

Raisuli

Preordered a stick and base this morning (it's all back in stock), then caught the fine print.

Not only will they ship in 90 days (or so), you are required to pay by bank transfer. I can get past the price, the shipping costs, a lot of things. That's the deal killer.

I since asked them to cancel it.

Yeah think that would be a deal killer for me also.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

90 days and pay by bank transfer... :doh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

WTF ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I actually did my payment this way (a year ago or so), and it was easy. Money transfer means 'swift' in this case. They give you all the info, then you take it to the bank and a regular clerk is able to do it. Yeah, it is a bit more hassle than paying by CC but would never be a deal killer when getting such a fine piece of gear (IMHO).

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

Oh really??? I just made a 750 euro pre order. Well I already have the t50 stick and warbrd base. I wasn't NEEDING the additional 750 euro with of items. Guess they don't want a big order like that. What's wrong with ordering by credit card. Virpil, if you keep this type of stuff up, someone is going to come in and steal a lot of your business.

According to their Facebook (I inquired on why, too), it's because the bank they do business with does not support preordering CC sales.

Oh really??? I just made a 750 euro pre order. Well I already have the t50 stick and warbrd base. I wasn't NEEDING the additional 750 euro with of items. Guess they don't want a big order like that. What's wrong with ordering by credit card. Virpil, if you keep this type of stuff up, someone is going to come in and steal a lot of your business.

That didn't last long...

We all wanted options to help resolve the limited supply and high demand.

We really shouldn’t be complaining when an option (pre-order) is provided. It may not be perfect (...what most people want or are used to), but the option is there now, and we now have the choice to either go with it, or roll the dice on the re-stock cycle.

Another thought (from someone who has worked closely with banking and retail systems)...

Most payment systems (credit card, PayPal, etc.) often take a huge cut of each transaction via a percentage. Smaller merchants are often stuck between a rock and a hard place keeping prices reasonable and still covering their overhead and margins. Many opt out of taking specific forms of payment that are more extortion than value add due to processing fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SVgamer72

Hey guys!

So to clarify, some of you may know that we haven't offered pre-orders for a number of reasons - available payment methods for accepting pre-orders is one of those reasons.

Unfortunately our hands our tied regarding the payment methods available, however even in light of that we were still requested many times to accept pre-orders. In our attempt to satisfy as much of the community as possible we're currently running a limited pre-order for all VPC products. Those who want to pre-order can do so, and those who don't can simply order in the future as usual when the pre-order period closes (and pre-orders are fulfilled).

When the pre-order period closes, it will be once again possible to order from available stock with the usual payment methods. We're trying whatever we can when we get requests from the community!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys!

So to clarify, some of you may know that we haven't offered pre-orders for a number of reasons - available payment methods for accepting pre-orders is one of those reasons.

Unfortunately our hands our tied regarding the payment methods available, however even in light of that we were still requested many times to accept pre-orders. In our attempt to satisfy as much of the community as possible we're currently running a limited pre-order for all VPC products. Those who want to pre-order can do so, and those who don't can simply order in the future as usual when the pre-order period closes (and pre-orders are fulfilled).

When the pre-order period closes, it will be once again possible to order from available stock with the usual payment methods. We're trying whatever we can when we get requests from the community!

My only real complaint was that snuck up on me; I totally get the oddities (and pain) of payment systems...part of my job description, unfortunately. If I had a suggestion you might make it plain(er) that a pre-order has limited payment methods.

I have one foot in Russia and one in the US, but I grew up on the US side of that line and it didn't occur to me that there would be anything different about payments until too late. As I say, I totally get it, and I think we all appreciate the product you're producing. Given the current climate the financial piece is probably horrific for you to navigate, and we appreciate your willingness to go through that brain damage as well!

I don't see a problem with this. Everything is how it used to be and now the there's only more choice.

A certain online shop that I've used gives their customers a 3% "discount" when you pay with bank transfer instead of Paypal or other robbers. I'd always gladly pay with bank transfer if it would always save me 3%. At these prices that equals to loads of beer. :beer:

I don't see a problem with this. Everything is how it used to be and now the there's only more choice.

A certain online shop that I've used gives their customers a 3% "discount" when you pay with bank transfer instead of Paypal or other robbers. I'd always gladly pay with bank transfer if it would always save me 3%. At these prices that equals to loads of beer. :beer:

<off topic>

Coolest thing about this board is how international it is, and how differently everyone looks at everything (and how often I can say 'I've been there...').

Nice place in Munich called Ayinger am Platzl where they gave us menus in Russian and apologized for taking so long to get our beer because they had to open a new cask. Oh, darn. Fresh beer? I can wait for that.

</off topic>

Well fwiw the pre-orders for the initial batch of their first offering - The VPC Mongoose T-50, they did take credit card orders.

I am sure they have their reasons for not doing it now, but it has been done before.

I can see without clarification up front some might have been taken by surprise.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well fwiw the pre-orders for the initial batch of their first offering - The VPC Mongoose T-50, they did take credit card orders.

I am sure they have their reasons for not doing it now, but it has been done before.

I can see without clarification up front some might have been taken by surprise.

Our previous pre-orders were with a different gateway (based in Russia) which unfortunately caused a huge number of issues accepting payments from people around the world.

Also our announcement which mentioned that pre-orders will be opening links to our payment information page which confirms the payment restrictions on pre-orders :thumbup:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Even back in August I paid with CC and I’m pretty sure that was a preorder because it was still a couple months to receive my items. Anyways, I do 100% of my transactions online. The only reason I set foot in the bank is once every 5 years to renew mortgage. Virpil’s other option is to build my order and bill me and let me pay my CC when it’s ready to be shipped. Why isn’t that being done?

And I’m not saying that I don’t trust Virpil, but with my CC I have protection. Against any online purchases. With a bank draft, Virpil can receive my money and in a month from now, shut the doors and I would be out over $1000 CDN. You have to understand our side if things as well and accommodate your customers too.

Edited by chief

Yes we certainly understand that not every will want to do this - it's a compromise that has been made to try to accommodate those that have requested it from us.

However, as previously mentioned, the pre-orders are only running for a limited time. After the pre-orders have closed you will be able to order from available stock using the usual payment methods :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had to cancel my pre order, credit union refuses to handle these types of transactions, "it's not in your terms of service" excuse. Unfortunately there is no competition in banking locally, so its a dead end.

Hi guys, greetings from Argentina. I made a preorder for the new T50CM base and the T50CM 2. I already have a full T50 CM with base and this product is so great that I bet to this new products without hesitations.

My first transaction with them was payed with CC and my stuff was shipped within the 10 days and all worked perfectly.

I tried to buy in the las restock my new grip and base but I’m so far away from the server and there was so many people trying like me to put their hand on the products that I was unable to reach the payment page, I couldn’t load the payment page, very frustrating for me because I was awake until 03 am and went to sleep with my hands empty.

I think that the preorder is the best way, the bank issue was not the best option compared to the CC but the product and quality totally worth it.

I placed a preorder, tried to sent money from here but it was a pain in the a** all the paper work that I desist, then I sent the money to them trough another account, an account from an EEUU bank and all works perfectly again, the fee was 25 u$s at the beginning but they redound me the 25 at the end without asking for it.

Virpil sent me the invoice for my order and now I’m waiting for my new joystick.

With a little lucky my order will be shipped soon thank to all the cancelled orders, like in a car race, I was 9th but the 7 ahead of me had problems and quit so now I’m in the 2nd place.

VIRPIL SEND MY JOYSTICK ASAP ;)

Thank you.

67ed786feff85527e99cd04d881a1744.jpg

Killing time in the bathroom, honey bring me some matches...fewwwwww.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas