MMjoy

The "axis to button" is quite a useful feature, it allows 4 extra buttons with little impact to the original functioning of the microstick on my Cougar throttle while increasing its versatility. I have it set to 0-18 on the low end of axis and 85-100 on high end. This allows simultaneous pressing of two buttons when stick is moved in the corners giving it a function similar to a hat switch. The throw of the microstick is small so the reduced axis is not very noticeable and no adjustment was needed in DCS as it still read 0 to 100 of the axes.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

• 3 weeks later...

This happens when you make changes in device, e.g. change name or number of axes but keep the same VID/PIP.

Then Windows continues look for the old name.

Solution remove the old name from Windows registry, or use different VID/PID (you have 9999 options). ;)

BTW - Despite the controller don't show in Windows Games controller, they work in games (I have tested) and joy testers, another suggestion that Windows Games controller is obsolete. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I have this problem any ideas?I changed the port of the usb but nothing.

I also remember having a similar problem with windows joystick properties/test... I had to look for the not working joystick Windows Registry and manually deleting that key....

• 2 weeks later...

Following this post, I just ordered an Arduino clone Leonardo; being my intention building a button box as an addon to my throttle mount.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Can you please remember me how many shift register 74hc165 can i put at one arduino pro micro?I always forget it :-)

If i am correct i can put 18 shift register so i can have 120 buttons?

Each Shift Register (74HC165 or CD40921) m/c control 8 buttons, so theoretically the maximum you can chain is 15.

An encoder can only be two buttons. Does hardware button 1&2 light up in MMJoy when you twist the encoder?

Even if you have attached the encoder correctly, the pulse that the encoder generates may be too fast to register. You have to set up a timer, that increase the signal duration.

Use the VKB Button tester, and click the log to see if there is any signals being registered.

An encoder can only be two buttons. Does hardware button 1&2 light up in MMJoy when you twist the encoder?

Even if you have attached the encoder correctly, the pulse that the encoder generates may be too fast to register. You have to set up a timer, that increase the signal duration.

Use the VKB Button tester, and click the log to see if there is any signals being registered.

No they do not light up.On VKB tester only button 2 gives me some input other is dead

Can you post me a picture to see how set up the encoder on mmjoy?

Edited by slowmover

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

See this (encoder) explication: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4332855/re-mmjoy-mmjoy2-build-your-own-usb-controller#Post4332855

Think is good idea keep encoder buttons near, e.g. 1 - 2... 25 - 26... but not 17 - 20.

And keep all Encoder connected in the same Shift Register M/C.

Yes i have them at the same shift register and i have them 1-2 3-4 etc.But it does not blink.The light is not going red.I have connected one wire to button 1 another on button 2 and one at ground

This is the exactly connection.34 35 are switcheson off.On VBk tester i do not see nothing on show log

https://imgur.com/l5Oi4mb

Edited by slowmover

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After some test i think the problem is the rotary encoders.

With these here is not working https://grobotronics.com/rotary-encoder-16mm-24p-r-with-switch.html (i tested them on leobodnar and they are working perfect)

but with these it is working perfect

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-12mm-switch-rotary-encoder-with-key-switch-L3I5/192315940922?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

what is the problem here guyz?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah, ok. So one type of encoder works, but not the other type?

I have no idea why... But if one works, I’d use that. ;)

Yes that exactly is happening.I now order new encoders.But it is weird that one works and other no.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 weeks later...

MMjoy and arduino saved me some money to spend to expesive boards but now that i need more than 6 encoder i have to look somewhere else to buy a new board.(i am building the heuy center and overhead console) any idea what board you fit to my build?( exept leobodnar)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look at EasyJoy32One ($15) firmware for ARM32 (in cockpit builders section), has support for more encoders.

MegaMOZG say that will expand encoder support in MMjoy2 firmware, but when he have time from VirPil work.

Not sure if support encoders, but give a luck in LynX CUB firmware for Arduinos, is more oriented for flight games commands than ordinary USB controllers, with better support for ON-OFF-ON latching switches.

http://lynx.dk/cub-firmware/

Description: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2984894&postcount=156

Edited by Sokol1_br

i will need some help.On VKB tester (for example) some button 34 36 does not seems to work.but on mmjoy it goes red when i press.any idea what is the problem?

it is a 6position rotary switch 3 buttons shows on VBK tester 3 not.

Yesterday was working perfect

Also i have 2 mmjoy devices connected.And this mornig the one at 10-15 minutes stop to work.I have to unplug and plug it again.I have change the PID and VID so they do not have the same.

Edited by slowmover

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to combine two analog inputs to one assigned axis? I'm trying to combine my two force-sensing resistors so that the left one goes inverted from 50-0% when pressed and right 50-100% of the axial range when pressed.

I tried the throttle double axis under spec. functions tab but it only works for one way left or right depending on setting, the adjacent input resistor stops functioning.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52