=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Since the DCS build where Normandy will be availiable will not have Caucasus, I'm afraid it will be tricky to rotate. So it will be Normandy 24/7 or possibly 24/5 if Caucasus will be still demanded by players.

Thx for the reply eekz. Personally I would not rotate them as like you say that would require 2 installations​. Normandy 24/7 ftw :pilotfly:

Edited by Brigg

Also vote for Normandy only. Caucasus was something to be endured, not enjoyed.

@Eekz: Would it be possible to put more A/C slots than player slots in the Normandy mission? Sometimes when you want to fly with a group you have to split A/C types (Ex. 3 Mustangs 1 Spitfire) because there arent enough slots of one type for all to fly

Edited by Cripes'A'Mighty

Also vote for Normandy only. Caucasus was something to be endured, not enjoyed.

@Eekz: Would it be possible to put more A/C slots than player slots in the Normandy mission? Sometimes when you want to fly with a group you have to split A/C types (Ex. 3 Mustangs 1 Spitfire) because there arent enough slots of one type for all to fly

Yep. There will be plenty of slots at Normandy, as there are plenty of airfields. Will not be a problem any more.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

and please, do not use P-51 with yellow nose

according to several Spitfire "ace pilots" it is reason why they so often attack P-51, "Luftwaffe Yellow"

(they used it as a excuse for attacking friendly...)

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

according to several Spitfire "ace pilots" it is reason why they so often attack P-51, "Luftwaffe Yellow"

could be, but those pilots didn't have zoom and couldn't hear the engines from their target...

For Normandy I will use squadrons that fought there (or could have fought if there no appropriate squadron skin, for example I'll use JV44 skin for a part of FW190s).

Burning Skies

Love this server. I have a question for the Admin/Host. Have you ever considered throwing in a few helicopters just to run CSAR for downed pilots? Since this server promotes staying alive and bailing out I could see it being very interesting. There is a great script that allows shot down aircraft slots to be disabled by x amount of time(determined by host) unless rescued by a helicopter.

Anyway great work awesome fun! Cant wait for Normandy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Love this server. I have a question for the Admin/Host. Have you ever considered throwing in a few helicopters just to run CSAR for downed pilots? Since this server promotes staying alive and bailing out I could see it being very interesting. There is a great script that allows shot down aircraft slots to be disabled by x amount of time(determined by host) unless rescued by a helicopter.

Anyway great work awesome fun! Cant wait for Normandy!

Please DON'T!

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Have you ever considered throwing in a few helicopters just to run CSAR for downed pilots? Since this server promotes staying alive and bailing out I could see it being very interesting.

No, sorry. We are WWII Era focused server, so no chance for helicopters.

Burning Skies

Ah ok I figured

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

the Gali mission seems to be much easier to find trouble in.

The mission to the north has channel 4 (D in the 51) set up to call out enemies over the target area which helps cut down on the hunting. You can either wait to hear radio calls on your channel, or go make their targets give radio calls on theirs.

if you are really looking you could always say where you are in chat too.

Yea! I made it into the top 40 for ground! Happy, and looking forward to Normandy...

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Guys are you going to get s server up on Normandy soonish?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

please (pretty please!!) remember to untick the "use these settings for all missions" (gameplay tab in options) when you make the mission.

if this is not done, user view settings (server.lua) dont work for clients.

this is important to anyone using peter_p's realsize head mod, or otherwise modded head/neck size OR restricted fov.

i have my fov restricted to 96deg (server.lua) and default view set to 82deg (snapviews.lua), and i have accustomed to basically just switch between those 2 (zoom out/normal zoom) unless im zooming to spot. 96 fov i do my flying and switch to 82 for shooting.

it is extremely annoying as i instictively hit "zoom out" button after merge etc. situations and get that ridiculous 140 fov as that is the default max fov in server.lua (or what ever settings the mission maker has in his game).

This is currently the situation in acg servers mission.

for me 96 dergrees is maximum fov before image distortion starts to happen (fishbowl effect).

Thank YOU!!

Edited by voodooman

No flare gun please!

I like to fly the 109, and I hate this useless flare gun most 109's are equipped with. Can you please take these stupid things out?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5