Combining Activation

I am hoping Eagle Dynamics will have a solution for this.

I originally bought Black Shark back in 2008 I believe. I would have to go look at my receipt to be sure. Then later I bought the Black Shark 2 upgrade.

The problem is if I have to do a reinstall I am forced to put Black Shark 1 on first then use the upgrade.

Is there some way my license can be rolled over? If you need copies of all my receipts I can email them to you.

Thank You,

Ross G.

ED has stated many times that they are not going to do this. Since you paid less for the Upgrade than the cost of the full version, just giving you the full version would be unfair to those who have bought the full version.

Many of us, myself included, have gone ahead and bought the full version and given the upgrade version away.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What cichlidfan said. I just waited until BS2 was on sale and bought the full version and wrote BS and the upgrade off to early support for ED.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

ED has stated many times that they are not going to do this. Since you paid less for the Upgrade than the cost of the full version, just giving you the full version would be unfair to those who have bought the full version.

Many of us, myself included, have gone ahead and bought the full version and given the upgrade version away.

That makes absolutely no sense what so ever. And I'm referring to your logic not why ED chooses not to.

If after installing BS1+BS2 Upgrade you have the same exact thing as what you get with standalone BS2 then its a licensing matter nothing else.

ED aren't required to do so and it looks like they have no plans as has been mentioned. It would be a nice gesture though.

That makes absolutely no sense what so ever. And I'm referring to your logic not why ED chooses not to.

If after installing BS1+BS2 Upgrade you have the same exact thing as what you get with standalone BS2 then its a licensing matter nothing else.

It is quite simple.

The options for BS1 owners were to a) pay less for the upgrade version and, as a consequence, have to deal with the hassle of installing and activating BS1 first, or b) pay more and not have the extra hassle. Then users want ED to eat the difference in price and still give someone with the upgrade a full BS2 license along with removing the extra hassle. This doesn't even count the extra work involved in blacklisting the original BS1 & BS2 upgrade license keys.

If someone did not want the hassle they could have paid more, in the first place, to avoid it.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This is an incredibly non-sensing point of view.

Some people bought BS2 for less than 20USD. Most upgraders bought BS1 + BS2 upgrade for 60.

And yet cichlidfan, you accuse those guys, that I remind you are among the earliest supporters of ED's work, of taking the cheap and easy way out...

I don't mind the hassle of installing BS1 before installing the upgrade module at all (as ED are stubborn with their policy regarding the upgrade), as long as I kept being provided activations for my BS1 as I change my hardware, because I noticed that they are not being recharged every month...

I don't mind the hassle of installing BS1 before installing the upgrade module at all (as ED are stubborn with their policy regarding the upgrade), as long as I kept being provided activations for my BS1 as I change my hardware, because I noticed that they are not being recharged every month...

Activation replenishment for BS1 is not automatic and never has been. Activation replenishment for new modules does not occur every month. A single activation is replenished, on current modules, when you run completely out and not before.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You for the answer. Not one I like but it is what it is. :)