Destroy or remove cargo!

spinter

That was supposed to be fixed. But it would not surprise me if cargo objects are still having issues.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Any update on this issue?

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm if today's patch fixes this issue?

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

• 5 weeks later...

bump. any news?

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

VID: MSI Nvidia RTX4070 12GB \ MON: Samsung ue49ks8000 49'', Lilliput 8'' x2

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

I recognize the demotivation in the word "unwilling". The frustration is caused by determination and thats a good thing. :)

Demotivated I would say: The calls for this bug repair is silenced to death by now, come back in 2017.

Nevertheless, I can understand the subordinate position of the script engine due to the development of DCS 2.0. But an answer to this question might fuel our motivation: Is there a rough estimate when the scripting engine gets some preferential attention?

Edited by piXel496

• 2 months later...

hi all, I'm not an expert in scripting with the editor, so sorry if stupid questions or misunderstanding some pieces of code...

but I am not totally newbie at programming stuffs, and trying to understand how to adapt to DCS 1.5 or 2 Spinter's mission. therefore I finally searched the forum a lot and found some things.

first, it seems that the static object destroy() function is no more working and buggy in the editor script, true ?

consequence : Is there not any other option than destroying the statics objects ?

And finally I stil have one first question, why is it absolutely necessary to destruct the objects in Spinter miz ? to avoid too many instances of hooked objects visible and duplicates ? (we can do with that if messaging system is working, waiting for better soluce)... I suppose it ain't only to check mission is complete (in that case, a simple new flag could do the job) neither to count loads remaining...

I suppose there's something else I still didn't understood ? therefore I would be pleased to have it explained in that case... eg : I don't understand the need of destroy() in the first lines of creacargo function...

EDIT : found the answer in FlightControl thread below : about bugs anyway in editor, have to recreate cargo every new cargo....

second : I found this other thread : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2690289#post2690289 in which they speak about using MIST....

Can't we create/use moving objects (like a jeep to transport, with no move on ground) from the static ones, and avoid use of static objects, only changing mass pos and so on as in local static{} table in creacargo to avoid the problem and proceed like explained in that thread ?

third : reading and trying to understand how to use MIST, I have an idea I can't test because of my lack of mastering lua very efficiently and quickly to test it efficiently. But maybe someone can try or comment, that's why I am posting.

Can't we try to proceed the whole table containing the static object we want to delete, having a deepcopy (MIST funciton) of it, then erasing or updating to nil the content we want to delete, then deepcopy again the edited table back in the static objects one ? (maybe sorting problems ?), or it may crash the game ? I have doubts because of commented lines in GoWriteDrop function... is it no way ?

I'm only trying to understand and help finding a soluce, my objective remaining the use of sounds orders for hovering help from copilot or soldier on ground via radio trans in other missions I'd like to develop.

finally found a lot of problems coming from buggy editor system not working as it should for cargos....

EDIT : that one too is interesting... http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2782350&postcount=7 Script is too buggy to have it working OK ? only one real cargo at a time ? that's the reason for the destroy ?

But If you do a clean miz with nothing in it else than statics to sling, it is working as it should... (I 'm mainly on 2 alpha version).

EDIT2 : well, MOOSE http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/ seems promising, check the moose/cargo.lua in moose install folder for a way to counteract lack of destroy() function...

Edit 3 : the mission helicopter war (on DCS site/user file) seems to work good on 2 alpha with helo script and mist, with vocal announcements and cargo load unload.

Edited by C6_Hellfrog
update

I think that they are unwilling to fix it I do not understand why! are now two years old!

Where shall I start. What if we would do a poll???

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

That was supposed to be fixed. But it would not surprise me if cargo objects are still having issues.

This was written in March... Let me help: Cargo is a mess in DCS. Lots of functions are not working properly. The destroy() on a cargo object is still not working after 2 years ( since dcs 1.2.6!!!! ).

[/TABLE]

hi all, I'm not an expert in scripting with the editor, so sorry if stupid questions or misunderstanding some pieces of code...

but I am not totally newbie at programming stuffs, and trying to understand how to adapt to DCS 1.5 or 2 Spinter's mission. therefore I finally searched the forum a lot and found some things.

first, it seems that the static object destroy() function is no more working and buggy in the editor script, true ?

consequence : Is there not any other option than destroying the statics objects ?

And finally I stil have one first question, why is it absolutely necessary to destruct the objects in Spinter miz ? to avoid too many instances of hooked objects visible and duplicates ? (we can do with that if messaging system is working, waiting for better soluce)... I suppose it ain't only to check mission is complete (in that case, a simple new flag could do the job) neither to count loads remaining...

I suppose there's something else I still didn't understood ? therefore I would be pleased to have it explained in that case... eg : I don't understand the need of destroy() in the first lines of creacargo function...

EDIT : found the answer in FlightControl thread below : about bugs anyway in editor, have to recreate cargo every new cargo....

second : I found this other thread : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2690289#post2690289 in which they speak about using MIST....

Can't we create/use moving objects (like a jeep to transport, with no move on ground) from the static ones, and avoid use of static objects, only changing mass pos and so on as in local static{} table in creacargo to avoid the problem and proceed like explained in that thread ?

third : reading and trying to understand how to use MIST, I have an idea I can't test because of my lack of mastering lua very efficiently and quickly to test it efficiently. But maybe someone can try or comment, that's why I am posting.

Can't we try to proceed the whole table containing the static object we want to delete, having a deepcopy (MIST funciton) of it, then erasing or updating to nil the content we want to delete, then deepcopy again the edited table back in the static objects one ? (maybe sorting problems ?), or it may crash the game ? I have doubts because of commented lines in GoWriteDrop function... is it no way ?

I'm only trying to understand and help finding a soluce, my objective remaining the use of sounds orders for hovering help from copilot or soldier on ground via radio trans in other missions I'd like to develop.

finally found a lot of problems coming from buggy editor system not working as it should for cargos....

EDIT : that one too is interesting... http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2782350&postcount=7 Script is too buggy to have it working OK ? only one real cargo at a time ? that's the reason for the destroy ?

But If you do a clean miz with nothing in it else than statics to sling, it is working as it should... (I 'm mainly on 2 alpha version).

EDIT2 : well, MOOSE http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/ seems promising, check the moose/cargo.lua in moose install folder for a way to counteract lack of destroy() function...

Edit 3 : the mission helicopter war (on DCS site/user file) seems to work good on 2 alpha with helo script and mist, with vocal announcements and cargo load unload.

hello sorry I read now.

the problem of removing the cargo is a big deal!

in my use scripts to create and remove primarily to take height measurements for carico.potrei avoid this by replacing it with another object I need a bit of time.

but the problem is when the mission is on multiplayer and a player by mistake or out or dannaggia a load would remain in the points and would give fastidio.mi came an idea I could move to a side of the map I have to try. be patient this week I try!

====VIAF====

Spinter 155° "Pantere Nere"

TsSimComms

My Site aiupgrade.net

• 2 weeks later...
It is impossible if I can not destroy the cargo I have too many bugs

Pls escalate to the dev team.

[/TABLE]

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...

In DCS 2.5, using StaticObject.destroy() will destroy a cargo object. I mean, it will EXPLODE!!!

Is this normal. Anybody has experience with using destroy() on cargo objects?

It generates an S_EVENT_DEAD when destroy is called. This is highly unusual. ...

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]