HELP : USING RUDDER TOE BRAKES AS BUTTONS

Goa

Hi all

I have the Thrustamser TFRP rudder ( the cheap one from tm) and I'd like to use the TOE BRAKES (left and right) as buttons instead of "axis" on the UH-1.

In the UH-1 control settings there is the possibility to set Left and right pedal but this accepts only buttons from joystick or throttle, but as I said i want to set the PEDAL rudder left/right as buttons using the Toe Brakes from the TFRP.

I reead somewhere there is a prgram called JOYTOKEY but I can't understand how it works.

Thank you in advance

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Hi, is'nt maybe more easy assign a button to the control by the t.a.r g.e. t. profile (instead of the standard setting who set an axle) ?

thank you mate but I dont know how the TARGET software works, how can I do that and achieve what I am looking for?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

1 - Read the software manual!

2 - Make a new T.A.R.G.E.T. profile for the game

3 - Make new configutation for the new profile

4 - Assing devices to the configuration

5 - Set up devices by assign to their axes/buttons related action

(Here you need assign to toes leverages buttons insted of the

axes)

6 - Continue configuration with forward button and make all your choices

(My tip is : avoid use of directx associations and use, when applicable,

keyboard commands association instead)

7 - Save your new configuration

8 - Edit the game profile and set the path to your brand new configuration

9- Run the game profile (this action run the DCS updater app)

NOW.. in DCS,

10 - Go to control options

11 - Select the module you want setup (i.e your helicopter)

12 - DELETE all joystick/throttle/rudder/unknow device associations by

the rigth columns. Leave untouched keyboard column and mouse

column

(Delete all also in : general tab,UI layer tab,axis commands tab)

13 - After the cleaning, go to axis commands and setup all action that

require a directx axis interaction (pich, roll, rudder, throttle ecc.)

All others key bindings are managed by t.a.r.g.e.t. software and based on you config file so, in DCS, aren't listed in the column related at the virtual device created by software itself however they works.

That's all

Edited by Skeinon

used joytokey and figured it out, it's working now :)