Radar scale lower than target's range in TWS & LTWS affects DLZ and drops L&S

Harker

If you have an L&S target in TWS or LTWS and set the radar scale below the target's distance, two things happen:

1) The DLZ calculation for A2A missiles is affected with the current scale setting as computed target distance. It seems that the MC thinks that the target is at the max of the selected scale, because it is displayed at the top of the radar scope. Meaning I will get a SHOOT cue for a target 50 NM out if I set my range scale to 5 or 10 and the DLZ calculates as if the target is at the top of the scale, so 5 or 10 NM away.

2) The target will eventually be dropped in accordance with the timeout option, as if it is not detected anymore once the scale is set below its distance. It's as if the radar will scan only for 10 NM, if the scale is set to 10.

Track attached.

2.5.5.41256 Open Beta, PG map

F-18_Changing Radar range scale in TWS & LTWS affects DLZ calculation and drops L&S.trk

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro