Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Include the CVN-74 in the improved carriers list

Harker

Title. A lot of us have built missions and custom skins that are based on squadrons operating on the Stennis at given time periods, so as to be historically accurate.

It's already part of the Roosevelt sub-class. If it's not too difficult, it'd be a nice addition.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Title. A lot of us have built missions and custom skins that are based on squadrons operating on the Stennis at given time periods, so as to be historically accurate.

It's already part of the Roosevelt sub-class. If it's not too difficult, it'd be a nice addition.

I think I have read somewhere a few weeks ago, that ED initialy wanted to had 2 more CVN in the list of SuperCarrier "skins", which are : CVN-74 and CVN-75 !

I don't know if it is still in the plans ...

Even if they made a new Stennis, it would be a NEW Stennis and mission makers would have to change every mission. Now, REPLACING the current Stennis with a newer model, if that's what you meant...one more up to the correct scale...would be nice.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I was referring to a new Stennis unit, not improving the free one (although that'd be nice as well). Yes, you'd need to replace it in the mission, but at least the mission setup, realism, included squadrons etc wouldn't need to change.

Take for example a 2007 scenario, where the Stennis was in the Gulf. It's period-appropriate for our Hornet, it's realistic and the Stennis had four specific squadrons on board at the time. If you replace the Stennis with the Washington (73), then you have to change all of the squadrons to the period-appropriate ones that served on the 73 at the time and possibly have to wait for custom liveries to be made or make some yourself. Although to be fair, some liveries for the 71, 72 and 73 already exist in User Files.

I understand that this is nitpicking for a lot of people and that's why I'm asking it only if it's not too difficult for the devs. I wouldn't want them to devote any significant effort towards it. If it can be done by taking an existing model and making some changes, yes; otherwise, I'd prefer them to work on more important things.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

All Roosevelt sub-class ships will (eventually) be included.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H