New Update 08/01/2018 affects?

Have not fired up after update yet, but the time/date stamp on the lua files has not changed

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Have not fired up after update yet, but the time/date stamp on the lua files has not changed

Ok, could you please let us know when you do try it, whether or not we need to re-assign our control device functions...I put off updating the last one, due to the mis-identification of the control devices....

Looks good to me too!

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Controls are fine between this patch (update 8 ) and the last one (update 7).

They haven't fixed the issue that occurred between update 6 and update 7 which required everyone to re-map their key bindings in the Hornet - but if you skipped update 7 because you're holding out for them to fix that I wouldn't bother, I don't think they have any plans to do anything about it. Just update and re-map your bindings.

nope screwed up as expected

Yesterday, I did a cursory examination of the bindings in settings and everything looked as it should. Then I had to leave for the day.

So, I just now did a full test and it still looks good. All bindings are there - so I’m not sure what your problem is, I sure hope you have a backup stored elsewhere. GL

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Controls are fine between this patch (update 8 ) and the last one (update 7).

They haven't fixed the issue that occurred between update 6 and update 7 which required everyone to re-map their key bindings in the Hornet - but if you skipped update 7 because you're holding out for them to fix that I wouldn't bother, I don't think they have any plans to do anything about it. Just update and re-map your bindings.

That was exactly what I was doing...you know, it's funny I can remember paying over $100 for the map and module and was well aware that it was EA...but I do not remember paying that money to work for ED and fix the problems THEY made...would have been honorable of them to acknowledge their mistake and at the very LEAST put out a step by step direction for fixing this or even endorsing one of the other non-ED members' solution...but not a peep....the speed/ease of the fix is NOT the problem...it's that they don't appreciate US enough to apologize when they screw up

That was exactly what I was doing...you know, it's funny I can remember paying over $100 for the map and module and was well aware that it was EA...but I do not remember paying that money to work for ED and fix the problems THEY made...would have been honorable of them to acknowledge their mistake and at the very LEAST put out a step by step direction for fixing this or even endorsing one of the other non-ED members' solution...but not a peep....the speed/ease of the fix is NOT the problem...it's that they don't appreciate US enough to apologize when they screw up

I think there is a missunderstanding here. The removed keybinds are not some kind of error/mistake/problem. This is intentional as ED had to reconfigure the HOTAS functions.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg