Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG) - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-15-2017, 04:38 PM   #1
rrohde
Veteran

Default Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

(Shenzhen, PRC / Norman, Oklahoma USA / Utrecht, The Netherlands) - March 16, 2017

VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

VKB is proud to announce the production launch of the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG).

This controller was developed by AVIAAVTOMATIKA in Russia for Sukhoi’s modernized ‘Flanker’ series of fighter jets, as well as their 5th generation prototypes. VKB engineers adapted the ergonomics of the real ‘Flanker’ grip for the use in flight simulations with only minimal design changes.

The VKB-Sim Modern Combat Grip (MCG) is compatible with the following controllers:

- VKB-Sim Black/Fat Mamba Mk.II/Mk.III
- VKB-Sim Vintage Mamba
- VKB-Sim Gladiator Pro Mk.I/Mk.II
- VKB-Sim Gunfighter
- Thrustmaster® Cougar™ * **
- Thrustmaster® Warthog™ * **

* To ensure compatibility with the Thrustmaster® controller base, the MCG’s axes controls (ministicks/brake axis) will function as hat switch/buttons only
** Via adapter, sold separately

MCG Grip Characteristics:

- Made from ABS plastic (injection molding)
- “OMRON" Buttons
- Contactless Ministicks (analog or digital) for Slew Control w/ integrated Push Button
- Trigger #1: Dual Stage Trigger
- Trigger #2: Metal Trigger
- Metal Wheel Brake Lever with Contactless MaRS Sensor
- Adjustable Palm Rest
- Quick Release Fastening
- External Twist Adapter (currently under development)

VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG) Production Status:

- The development phase has been completed
- The production run of the injection molds is slated for April 2017
- We’re aiming to start shipping towards the end of May, beginning of June, 2017

Price:

MSRP $99 (plus shipping and tax (where applicable))

For more information, please contact:
NorthAmerica@VKB-Sim.pro
http://www.VKBcontrollers.com

Or
VKB@flightsimcontrols.com
http://www.FlightSimControls.com

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter Mk.II /w SCG-R Premium (side mount for DCS F-16)

Last edited by rrohde; 11-18-2017 at 07:30 PM.
rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:59 PM   #2
Akatsuki

Very nice grip !
Good to know it's compatible with the vintage mamba.

Do you know if a firmware update will be needed, or will it be just install and fly?
Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:12 PM   #3
mr_mojo97

Looks familiar
MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |
mr_mojo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:20 PM   #4
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeiev View Post
Very nice grip !
Good to know it's compatible with the vintage mamba.

Do you know if a firmware update will be needed, or will it be just install and fly?
Not sure about any firmware update just yet, but it might be needed (too early to tell; will ask VKB HQ). I also assume that there will be some MCG Profile needed to enable the various buttons and switches as well, for each supported stick.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter Mk.II /w SCG-R Premium (side mount for DCS F-16)
Old 03-15-2017, 05:28 PM   #5
Thadiun Okona

Interesting... it's like a Pak 50 grip with the lever style adjustable palm rest of the F-35 grip. Curious to hear more about the electronics both in the grip and in the base.

Question for VKB technical dept: will the Warthog adapter for Gunfighter be able to handle ministick/analog brake lever outputs if a Warthog grip had the ministick and analog sensor for the brake installed in it?
Thadiun Okona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:35 PM   #6
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadiun Okona View Post
Question for VKB technical dept: will the Warthog adapter for Gunfighter be able to handle ministick/analog brake lever outputs if a Warthog grip had the ministick and analog sensor for the brake installed in it?
From the announcement above: "* To ensure compatibility with the Thrustmaster® controller base, the MCG’s axes controls (ministicks/brake axis) will function as hat switch/buttons only"

Old 03-15-2017, 05:43 PM   #7
Thadiun Okona

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohde View Post
From the announcement above: "* To ensure compatibility with the Thrustmaster® controller base, the MCG’s axes controls (ministicks/brake axis) will function as hat switch/buttons only"
I understood that from the description and I am not asking about how the Warthog base handles the analog outputs of VKB grip ministick and brake lever, so let me put this another way.

My question is if I take a Warthog grip that has been modified to include a ministick and an analog sensor on the pinky paddle, will using the VKB adapter allow electronic passthorugh so I can use the ministick and analog brake function of my modified Warthog grip mounted to a Gunfighter base?

The Gunfighter base obviously has the electronics for it, the unknown is if that little black box thingie with the adapter kit that turns the 5 wire I2C output into 3 wire output will handle with the additional 3 axes the same way. This is relevant to mod work I have been working on for a while.
Thadiun Okona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:47 PM   #8
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadiun Okona View Post
I understood that from the description and I am not asking about how the Warthog base handles the analog outputs of VKB grip ministick and brake lever, so let me put this another way.

My question is if I take a Warthog grip that has been modified to include a ministick and an analog sensor on the pinky paddle, will using the VKB adapter allow electronic passthorugh so I can use the ministick and analog brake function of my modified Warthog grip mounted to a Gunfighter base?

The Gunfighter base obviously has the electronics for it, the unknown is if that little black box thingie with the adapter kit that turns the 5 wire I2C output into 3 wire output will handle with the additional 3 axes the same way. This is relevant to mod work I have been working on for a while.
Oh, sorry for jumping to conclusions here!

I would highly recommend to pose this question on the official VKB forums as that's where their engineers and software designers lurk. They should be able to answer that.
http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewforum.php?f=25

Old 03-15-2017, 06:06 PM   #9
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Very nice, "kosmosima" pilots will love that TDC with axes.

Bad that don't include the useful "pinky" button - probable due the adjustable height palm rest.

I bet that the use of this F-35 style adjustable palm rest has "my finger".

Last edited by Sokol1_br; 03-15-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:13 PM   #10
agrasyuk

A thing of beauty!

My pit build thread .
Simple and cheap UFC project
agrasyuk is offline   Reply With Quote