The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

It is better to use the installer. A copied installation is not found by SRS, VAICOM, TacView etc. The installer will find the already installed version and copy local files if possible. So personally I think the long way is the better way.

At first I copied my OpenBeta installation and had problems with 3rd patry tools. Then I used the installer to install over my already existing copied installation. That worked fine. Now all 3rd tools find both versions.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

It is better to use the installer. A copied installation is not found by SRS, VAICOM, TacView etc. The installer will find the already installed version and copy local files if possible. So personally I think the long way is the better way.

At first I copied my OpenBeta installation and had problems with 3rd patry tools. Then I used the installer to install over my already existing copied installation. That worked fine. Now all 3rd tools find both versions.

because they look for registry entries.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

When I built my current system I moved <Saved Games> to a discrete SSD (F: ), and configured that within DCS Updater Utility when I installed it. The app however uses my system volume (C: ) for its own <Saved Games> folder... is this expected behaviour?

To clarify.... the program functions perfectly as-is. I just need reassurance that I haven't screwed up. ;)

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

When I built my current system I moved <Saved Games> to a discrete SSD (F: ), and configured that within DCS Updater Utility when I installed it. The app however uses my system volume (C: ) for its own <Saved Games> folder... is this expected behaviour?

To clarify.... the program functions perfectly as-is. I just need reassurance that I haven't screwed up. ;)

The App does not tell DCS which saved games folder to use. DCS Does.

DCS Itself will automatically use /Saved Games/DCS/

Unless otherwise configured via dcs_variant.txt

IE open notepad, type MODDED save as dcs_variant.txt place in /DCS World/ Mainfolder,

Upon launch, DCS will Generate a /Saved Games/DCS.MODDED/ Folder.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

SkateZilla I’m having a problem. I even tried reinstalling dcs utility. Here’s what I’m seeing. Dcs GUI utility shows in the taskbar when ran but when you click on the icon it shows a black windo that will not appear on screen. If I knew where it saved the settings I would try to delete them and have it start from scratch.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

SkateZilla I’m having a problem. I even tried reinstalling dcs utility. Here’s what I’m seeing. Dcs GUI utility shows in the taskbar when ran but when you click on the icon it shows a black windo that will not appear on screen. If I knew where it saved the settings I would try to delete them and have it start from scratch.

Right Click the SZGS Updater Icon in the System Tray and Choose "Restore Window"

The App does not tell DCS which saved games folder to use. DCS Does.

DCS Itself will automatically use /Saved Games/DCS/

Yup, understood. DCS is using F:/Users/<username>/Saved Games, as are all my other games, as that's the correct Windows location. The "Saved Games" path in DCS Updater for my OB build is defined as F:/Users/<username>/Saved Games. However the Updater created its folder in C:/Users/<username>/Saved Games.

As noted it doesn't affect functionality so I'll ignore it.

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

That maybe a setting in the Updater it self, not the GUI App./

Understood, and thanks.

All working fine until updated to 2.5.6 now I get this . Can't find File name: 'H:\DCS World Open Beta/Config/Options.lua'

Options.lua The App is Looking for should be in the /Saved Games/ Folder Not the DCS Folder.

Hello, I hope you guys can help me. I´m not able to open the DCS updater utility anymore, I guess something is corrupt. I can see the splashscreen but that pretty much it and when I go to task manager it says no responding. I deleted and downloaded again but same story. Any ideas were the problem could come from?

This is a known bug. The windows is outside of the display Desktop range.

Please try this:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...eyboard-trick/

I use the keyboard trick most of the time.

I had it several times.

@SkateZilla: Can you please add this workaround to the first post?

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Options.lua The App is Looking for should be in the /Saved Games/ Folder Not the DCS Folder.

Thank you for the reply very much appreciated, made me go check and found Saved Games Folder path was pointing at DCS World OpenBeta not Saved Games path. I have been using your excellent Utility for years and it threw me because it was working until update and I had not changed the path. Few less beers waiting for the update to download next time.

My DCS World install was OK.

Thanks again.

This is a known bug. The windows is outside of the display Desktop range.

Please try this:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...eyboard-trick/

I use the keyboard trick most of the time.

I had it several times.

@SkateZilla: Can you please add this workaround to the first post?

Thanks for your help, that did the trick!!!! you guys are stars

.NET Framework Error

Hey SZ,

unfortunately i receive an .NET Framework error as soon as i start the updater:

Ther error itself is in german but it says something like:

"hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character, line 9, position 1"

hexidezimaler Wert 0x00, ist ein ungültiges Zeichen. Zeile 9, Position 1. (C:\Users\Kurothas\AppData\Local\Skate_Zilla_Graphics_Stud\DCS_Updater_Utility.exe_StrongName_eyxzuj3cktofe3uzj1jdj4xy20o4mjbq\1.1.0.1025\user.config line 9) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexidezimaler Wert 0x00, ist ein ungültiges Zeichen. Zeile 9, Position 1.

Do you have an idea what this could be?`

Thanks in advance.

Very best Greetings

Kurothas

Hey SZ,

unfortunately i receive an .NET Framework error as soon as i start the updater:

Ther error itself is in german but it says something like:

"hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character, line 9, position 1"

hexidezimaler Wert 0x00, ist ein ungültiges Zeichen. Zeile 9, Position 1. (C:\Users\Kurothas\AppData\Local\Skate_Zilla_Graphics_Stud\DCS_Updater_Utility.exe_StrongName_eyxzuj3cktofe3uzj1jdj4xy20o4mjbq\1.1.0.1025\user.config line 9) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexidezimaler Wert 0x00, ist ein ungültiges Zeichen. Zeile 9, Position 1.

Do you have an idea what this could be?`

Thanks in advance.

Very best Greetings

Kurothas

The User.Config File was corrupted.

Navigate to that folder and rename it and re-launch the app.

Does anyone else experience troubles with the updater not refreshing trhe active servers and versions in the Home GUI tab? Everytime I try to refresh the server status, I get a "offline" only.

Also my "internet connection staus shows "offline" although I'm loading information down?!

Edited by sharkfin61
grammar

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Does anyone else experience troubles with the updater not refreshing trhe active servers and versions in the Home GUI tab? Everytime I try to refresh the server status, I get a "offline" only.

Also my "internet connection staus shows "offline" although I'm loading information down?!

The App checks network status on bootup, pings google to test local or outbound traffic and then pings all the dcs servers.

if its showing as offline then its not detecting your internet connection network status. which is a basic windows command, so either you have a software suite blocking it or modifying the default windows TCPIP stack.

Today all of a sudden the DCS Updater Utility is not opening properly for me.

When I launch it, it launches then immediately minimizes to the system tray. Can not open it to the GUI by clicking on it either, it is just stuck minimized to the tray. Right click and choose open, nothing. Have also tried launching as administrator with same result.

Never had this happen before with it and no idea what is going on.

Any ideas?

Edit: Disregard I got it, just had to double click once on the tray icon - duh...

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

this may have already been answered,,,,but. I was wondering if it is possible to add voice attack to the apps that can be launched in the gui likr trackir and others?

Future version will have custom slots for app to launch w/ dcs.

outside of that you can do so via the scripts.