The New cockpit

NineLine

Hi Gizzy,

here is what it looks on my end. Could you post a screenshot of your settings? Attached are mine. I noticed in your video that your cockpit looks extrem black, for example left/right console near the rudder pedals. I don't know if this is a YT thing but on my sider thats not like that.

Here my test, should be 1440p soon.

options.thumb.jpg.eef403ae1c843a1a9b963f9a38324881.jpg

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice cockpit but i guess i kept my expectation too high after a-10c cockpit.

CM panel still looks cartoonish, letters don't look high quality. Compare to viper pit, there are miles between them.

But old cockpit was horrible due to its age so i barely touched it since i bought. now it looks ok

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

nice cockpit but i guess i kept my expectation too high after a-10c cockpit.

CM panel still looks cartoonish, letters don't look high quality. Compare to viper pit, there are miles between them.

But old cockpit was horrible due to its age so i barely touched it since i bought. now it looks ok

Yeah but this is jets or WWII fighters.... in this world you have the market share.

Us chopper boys are absolutely delighted to get the scraps.... and I am happy with what I got!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Question

Do you think that the HUD in the new cockpit have a low bright value?

I mean, i tried some of instant action missions and in all is the same.

HUD is barely or not visible.

Here is an example with the "Ka50 attack insurgents" instant action.

Where you can cleary see this.

With other aircraft with HUD this doesnt happens

My gamma setting is 2.2, wich match my gamma monitor which is 2.2

qBZgsZ2.jpg

qBZgsZ2.jpg

s6UWq30.jpg

I flipped up the 'HUD filter' with the leaver on the left side of the HUD to make it more visible.

Edited by r24

I flipped up the 'filter' with the leaver on the left side of the HUD to make more visible.

I was about to suggest that as well. Guess that's the RL thing to do when it's too bright outside. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hi Gizzy,

here is what it looks on my end. Could you post a screenshot of your settings? ....

Very similar.... here's my settings but had to reduce the GAMMA considerably to make the button light effective... But at the end of a day whatever, it is better than the old for sure and love the audio!

2020-012.png

SIGBLOCK.png

The new cockpit is beautiful, but has anyone else noticed that the HUD is harder to read? I have turned the brightness of the HUD up, but it is still hard to see what information is given on the HUD, especially when the environment is bright.

Edit: Oh, sorry. Someone else already noticed this a few posts ago. :D

I flipped up the 'HUD filter' with the leaver on the left side of the HUD to make it more visible.

That is very helpful. Thank you!

It is RSHIFT + H btw.

Edited by Tiramisu

Very similar.... here's my settings but had to reduce the GAMMA considerably to make the button light effective... But at the end of a day whatever, it is better than the old for sure and love the audio!

Could you try changing your shadow settings from "flat only" to at least medium? Would be interesting if that setting is "your issue" :beer:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Wow, the AP lighting is the same? I just tried the cockpit and the switches in the A10 and overall resolution is way higher, are we going to see higher resolution textures and is this going to be updated? It is a massive disappointment, I was going to buy the BS 3 based on the quality of this update and the lighting hasn't been fixed. I bought BS1, then the upgrade and BS2.

Same here. I'm not impressed. The instruments on the dashboard look like they were painted on. Everything looks low quality textures and way too clean. It looks like a cartoon. It doesn't look like anything in the new helicopter pack video.

Where's this? (dials at 17 seconds). They just look painted on in my game.

I'm flying Caucuses map, so is it lighting / shadows?

Edited by 3WA

Guys,

Anyone having issues with Auto Hover?

No, the cockpit graphics update didn't affect Auto Hover; still works as well as it did before. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Same here. I'm not impressed. The instruments on the dashboard look like they were painted on. Everything looks low quality textures and way too clean. It looks like a cartoon. It doesn't look like anything in the new helicopter pack video.

Where's this? (dials at 17 seconds). They just look painted on in my game.

I'm flying Caucuses map, so is it lighting / shadows?

I’m confused it doesn’t look like the promo shots. The switches are blocky and not smooth in comparison to the perfectly rounded a10 switches. I’m just pointing out that a high visual fidelity was expected especially because of the BS 3 upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

I've set graphics to the highest level, and set time to 17:00 hours to get more shadows, etc., but it still doesn't look great. Still low detail and toonish. Doesn't look anything like the helicopter video. I can't see buying a THIRD Blackshark if this is what were getting.

I would have to struggle to find any posts I have made over the many years that would be negative regarding ED. This may actually be my 1st. Today, I have to say, I am not impressed. I was so looking forward to an obvious improvement. I dont really see it. And I did a repair, them flushed the fxo & meta,,,,,Im not lacking in the GPU dept, and my graphics are all maxed out,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I must admit to be also disappointed, even if the cockpit is way better and beautiful. So thank you ED for this nice update overall.

The video just let me thing that it would be again a A10C BIG WAOW effect, so the strange feeling probably.

Edited by Chapa

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

I really don't understand what some of you say that the cockpit is a let down and not like in the video. The cockpit is georgeous, all the dials are in 3D, all the detail in the gauges is scribed in and can clearly be seen when the light reflects at an angle. Everything in the cockpit interacts with the lighting, having a proper satin black finish. Also all the different materials have the appropriate surface structure which is again clearly visible when at an angle to the sun. The hud has that slightly rough and grainy surface, the leather hood for the dashnoard has these small ripples and each ripple interacts with the lighting. All in all I am absolutely stunned how the cocokpit looks and at least on my end it is exactly like in the video. Looks like the real deal and nothing like a cartoon. The time of baked in shadows is gone with pbr and even the smallest details are made to interact and appear like 3D (just take a look at the placard with the serial number on the right top side of the pit).

Maybe some of you have shadows disabled or textures not set to high?

There is always a balance between graphic resolution, polygons, FM (whats happening under the hood - old or new code) FPS and your system.

Some can handle much more - I run 4.5Mhz CPU, 32 RAM and 2080ti so sure pile it on... many others do not and have to knock down the settings to low just to get in the air...

Whatever, I certainly appreciate the upgrade, a good job especially as it was free gracias... works a treat in VR... thank you... :thumbup:

...saying that I was just as happy flying with the old cockpit, especially Ricardo's (great talent) - eye candy ain't everything - unless you're a plastic surgeon touting business....

SIGBLOCK.png

I really don't understand what some of you say that the cockpit is a let down and not like in the video...

Please post some screenshots of what your seeing. My graphics are maxed out to the point of near stuttering, and I still don't see it. I don't see depth in the dials, etc. (I know they are a little shallow). It all looks very simple and toonish.

Please post some screen shots of what your seeing. My graphics are maxed out to the point of near stuttering, and I still don't see it. I don't see depth in the dials, etc. (I know they are a little shallow). It all looks very simple and toonish.

Comparing monitor views / pics between different people is not only very personally subjective but all dependent on settings, screen size monitor type etc etc...

But to help, below is a link to 4 DCS screen shots each 3440 x 1440, 2 for each aircraft - A10C & Ka50. The A/C were on the same spot (hot runway takeoff) and of course the external lighting was the same. Also remember modelled canopies are not the same, the KA50 has higher sides - armour - at the expense of viz...

2 shots are straight forward default view and the other 2 slightly zoomed in and tilted down somewhat.

And to emphasise subjectiveness, I would argue the A10 is more 'cartoonish' in 2D.

In VR wow! the A10C and the KA50 are absolutely great but the A10C has it by a whisker, in my useless opinion.

Best view the files in max native res on a 3440 x 1440 monitor...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcg83csuauztsup/Screen_200221_001948.zip?dl=0

SIGBLOCK.png