DCS lighting update and NVG functionality

Dr Zaius

Is everything working as it should on the Mirage after the recent update, to me it seems like the NVG cockpit isn’t as compatible as it once was, has anyone else noticed thos?

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

I saw in Tomcat thread that cockpit lighting has been impacted by latest DCS World patch.

So we can assume that most modules will need adjustments.

Moreover ED newsletter said lighting will see further tweaking. So not easy...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I saw in Tomcat thread that cockpit lighting has been impacted by latest DCS World patch.

I do feel for 3rd party developers, a lot of time and hard work goes into making awesome stuff for us only for it to be undone by one quick patch, Must be as frustrating for them as it is us!

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

I feel for us customers even more, cause that could very well be we have to live with this for quite some time. And this is not a hit at Razbam, cause Id imagine the 3rd party devs waiting this out a little. Even ED didnt tweak their own modules yet.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I assume/hope they will make an updated NVG interface rather than the current model.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I would like to see an option to remove the NVG mod altogether because the textures on the NVG filters change colour and flicker

Suggested solution:

If you ask the ground crew to install the NVGs then you get the NVG modded aircraft.

If you don't ask for NVGs, you get the standard cockpit without the filters.