[CANNOT REPRODUCE] The new MFD is unreadable in VR

metzger

The old MFDs were much better. Now they are waaay too bright and the letters too thick much more difficult to read.

LG lights and JFS Light are waay too bright.

All lights looks exaggerated from close distance.

EDIT: During the day it is ok. In the dark, MFDs too bright and font too thick.

Edited by metzger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Turn the brightness down. There is a rocker on the bottom corner of the MFD. Just like real life ;)

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

That is odd. I am able to literally read everything now. It is Night and Day difference. Running CV1 for reference.

After an initial flight with the patch, and the awesome visuals, my cockpit is back to being pre-patch? It's so hard to explain :( But mfd's are hard to read, indicators are hard to read. I don't know what happened :( I even uninstalled and reinstalled. AND made sure there were no folders/files left behind before doing so.

Edited by HayMak3r
udpated that the pit seemed to have reverted to pre patch visuals.

Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz, Asus RoG Maximus X Formula, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, EVGA Geforce 2080 Super, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 M.2, 500GB Samsung Pro 860 SSD.

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Acer 23" x2, Oculus Rift S, FSSB3 Lighting

I like the new MFD's except if you enter for example bomb seperation -> you can't read anything on 2D and in VR it's even worse. :cry: The view on the picture is already zoomed in....would like to have this improved and i would be happy with the MFD's. :thumbup:

f16_mfd.thumb.jpg.9bfe82d05a0debe982e152c93f0b0c00.jpg

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I had exactly the same impression on HP Reverb. The font got thicker and fits together making reading difficult. I tried to dim MFD but the brightness adjustment doesn't seem to work.

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

Brightness adjustment does work. Just need to click it quite a few times.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I can confirm, brightness works by clicking it multiple times, I was trying to hold it instead.

However decreasing brightness fixes it partially, 13WELT_JankeS expressed it better "The font got thicker and fits together making reading difficult" weirdly it is only noticeable when it's dark. Never tried night flying in the viper prior to 2.5.6 so it actually might be from before like that.

EDIT: KA-50 Abris has the same thick font during night and I can confim it was not like this before.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can confirm, brightness works by clicking it multiple times, I was trying to hold it instead.

However decreasing brightness fixes it partially, 13WELT_JankeS expressed it better "The font got thicker and fits together making reading difficult" weirdly it is only noticeable when it's dark. Never tried night flying in the viper prior to 2.5.6 so it actually might be from before like that.

EDIT: KA-50 Abris has the same thick font during night and I can confim it was not like this before.

The thick font is because the bloom effect is now much more prominent around bright objects, I find it largely goes away if the brightness is turned down enough.

Proud owner of:

Yep, still need to use the MFD mod, especially in VR.

Does anyone know how to reduce the bloom effect?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I found in VR with CV-1 at least I can actually see the blue lines now. They were invisible beforehand. I had been using in night and day beforehand and was my primary blocker for adopting the F16 more regularly.

However the blockiness is still the same for me. Specifically around the numbers on the range, the white icons of the bricks and tracks. I have visual corrections of correct prescription and dont struggle with many things except perhaps the exact same on the Hornet, although I find that easier. To be useful I have to be able to get accurate information at a glance. Have I reached the limit of CV1 in peoples opinions? WOuld any mod help with this?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *