Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

Ok, i've read a few posts, they are so proud of themselves and so sure it will be something great i think it will not only be eagerly awaited but also something impossible untill now. I wouldn't be surpirised by anything. Full fidelity Flanker, MiG-29K, anything really.

Ok, i've read a few posts, they are so proud of themselves and so sure it will be something great i think it will not only be eagerly awaited but also something impossible untill now. I wouldn't be surpirised by anything. Full fidelity Flanker, MiG-29K, anything really.

I also want to see glass cockpit

I think I was wrong about the radar on the MiG-29K being out of the realm of possibility. Kept confusing it with all the AESA variants. Zhuk-ME actually seems very much like the radars of our F-18/F-16/JF-17. It would be a great match, and I read somewhere that the HMS is called TopGun? Sounds like a French designation along TopOwl lines.

B80CDBCD-99C2-44AA-B166-77065820C2A2.thumb.jpeg.f3700da76869632c2e022d6fe864bf2b.jpeg

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

this.

who would not be shockingly surprised by a modern FF russian aircraft?

I think Razbam is going to run into trouble with this. They have stated every Harrier will be full prive regardless of modules owned. For the FRS1 sure, I'll happily pay it. There's very little cross over there. But there's no way I'm paying full price just put to out AMRAAMs on my Harrier with the II+.

Yeah. The AV-8B+ to be sold as separate full module is IMHO mistake.

First they implied that it will come as bonus, like F-14A and F-14B or L-39C and L-39AZ, but then they announce that they will take full money for it.

And people get upset as even in reality both aircrafts share identical pilot manual as there really is nothing else different than ARBS is disabled and you get an radar scope to MFCD. Even the L-39AZ is far more different from L-39C than those two harrier are.

And considering that ED has made all the radar functions available, it is almost like superman with glasses to become Clark.... (Not to underway Reeves amazing acting skills as only real superman actor who really understood that how to apply different body language and behavior between two characters.... But you get the point).

But... F-15C wouldn't be a such bad after all for ED. As current would simply move to MAC level. Problem really is that what Razbam does with F-15E (dual seater) and if it will too much different by flight modeling... It will be stormy years in forum....

What ED is going to release will need to be something big as such way is teased now... Only thing I hope is that it is not a already known aircraft to be coming.

As to me personally, 3-4 years ago ED said in Russian forum that "don't worry, we are not going to give it to anyone ;-)" when it became question that are we going to see MiG-23 from third party? And then later Razbam announced MiG-23MLA.

It was little... Shock that how ED have given it out, as they after all decide what official modules gets developed by who...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Personal dream: _any_ seaplane or amphibious helicopter

Meanwhile, in the real world...

Fixed-wing theory: either an F4 Phantom, or some FF Russian-modern for an Adm.Kuznetsov-class

Rotary theory: MH60-Seahawk for the supercarrier, or maybe AH64-Apache or AH1-Cobra

WW2 theory: Me-262

Conspiracy theory: ED have not actually decided what they will do next. The F16/FA18/Mi24/DH98/P47 projects should be done by the end of the 2020 and they are still uncertain where the next major development line will be. So, they announce an "eagerly awaited aircraft" and watch as the forum acquires a 200+ page thread of community wistful speculation, which gives them their answer, which they can then announce. After all, it is an announcement, not a delivery, right? ;)

The F-15C could be it, but I doubt it due to Razbam doing the F-15E. Also personally I find the F-15 a bit boring, given what we have already.

This is same thing I've been saying elsewhere. I doubt Ed would do that, it could render both the -c and -e unprofitable for both developers.

Here's a possibility I haven't seen elsewhere but with Pacific islands and f4u on the way, Japanese ww2 acft makes sense

Having f15 being brought out of fc3 is low hanging fruit for Ed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

While I'd love a -29K..favorite plane in F2.5...I don't think they'd be able to model the newest versions going to India (requiring another carrier, although that might not be out of reach now) and supposedly replacing the Su-33's for Russia.

I really hope it's a mainstream REDFOR fighter more than anything, just have a feeling it'll be Blue.

Ka-50 was modeled :) No shit it will be blue :) DCS lost what it was when I found interest for it.

So why not Su-37, It is not used by Russina Air force anyway.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Blue or red it matters not..

I think that with their words describing this announcement as "huge" and "brain-melting" it must be something that so far was regarded as impossible (everything is subject to change) AND with high demand.

All those Apaches, Tornados, Phantoms ... all nice, but this would not be huge and brain-melting - it would be more like "another dream come true / welcomed addition to DCS". WW2 stuff would not fit here either as this is a separate line or modules

So, unless NineLine's words were exaggerating the size of the announcement, it points to either an aircraft from the United Aircraft Corporation or the "unachievable" modern blue one.

I wish they at least told us if it is fixed-wing or rotary-wing prior to announcing what it is - specifically that they will tell is in December I think (prove me wrong, ED).

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

This is the first I'd heard " brain melting", I must have missed that one. But that doesn't sound like language nineline typically uses.

The more I think of it, in light of the f4u and the Pacific islands, I'm thinking it may be a Zero or some other Japanese aircraft

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Wow, started off with “eagerly awaited “. Now it has been blown up into “mind numbing announcement”?

Ever played the game telephone?

I read it simply they will be releasing one of the planes they say they have been developing. Didn’t say anything about one that “has been in secret development” or “coming from the ED skunkworks”.

If you slow it down, I think I see a shuttle glide by far off in the distance. Just a few pixels mind you but definitely a shuttle. Hmmm....

Relax and enjoy what you have gentlemen!

Regards

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Wow, started off with “eagerly awaited “. Now it has been blown up into “mind numbing announcement”?

I read it simply they will be releasing one of the planes they say they have been developing. Didn’t say anything about one that “has been in secret development” or “coming from the ED skunkworks”.

If you slow it down, I think I see a shuttle glide by far off in the distance. Just a few pixels mind you but definitely a shuttle. Hmmm....

Regards

Ok. But shouldn't ED cool this down soon if so?

The next question is of course if it was impossible for them as a Russian company or if it was impossible for anyone due to classified data. ED was known for letting third parties make Russian aircrafts so I would not call them "impossible to be in DCS".

With the recent upgrades to the Eurofighter that prettymuch made into a whole new jet, it's quite possible that they have recieved informations about it's previous systems. Same thing could be said about the Gripen and it's upgrade to the NG variant.

Its from reddit

Regards

"(...)that one would melt your brains... and we have too much work to do on our current crop to deal with any melted brains :D"

additionally, this is from YT comment:

"The next big announcement is huge, but we are very laser-focused on what we have to finish right now, when we get some more breathing room, you will hear what is coming :) -NineLine/Norm"

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Ok. But shouldn't ED cool this down soon if so?

Why would they? Free publicity. I’m sure someone is interested in the sim now that the release of the Spruce goose” is imminent!

They probably fight over who gets stuck having to read through the message boards.

My guess is when they are ready, they will release it. Nothing wrong with guessing and wishing, thats what keep folks interested (I would like an F4). That said, it really has taken a single sentence and blown it up into something that guarantees disappointment.

In the meantime, grab your favorite modules and hit the digital skies!

Regards

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Honestly this topic poses an unexpectedly tough question. Two years ago you could easily get a consensus for the Viper and the Tomcat. Running through the previous 11 pages of posts there really isn’t much agreement anymore on what an “eagerly anticipated” aircraft could be. Yes, everyone, including myself, wants a full fidelity modern Russian fighter, any full fidelity modern Russian fighter, and this is a problem that ED absolutely needs to solve. The F-4 also repeatedly comes up, but I’ve always suspected the obsession with the Phantom is limited to a vocal minority here on the forums and the aircraft has limited broader appeal. The F-15C would’ve made sense if RAZBAM weren’t developing their own variant. As others have mentioned it would be a slap in the face to RAZ for ED to announce their own F-15 so quickly. Personally I know I wouldn’t buy both.

So yeah, the front runners all have strong arguments against them. ED aren’t allowed to/can’t get a license (Red Air), have repeatedly said its on permanent hiatus (Phantom), or there’s already a 3rd party variant in development (Eagle).

That just leaves a scattershot of minor European aircraft and random rotorcraft, a couple of which have already been confirmed as in development.

A tough question indeed.