DCS Terrain development team - Page 12 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-26-2018, 10:00 PM   #111
Oesau

Quote:
Originally Posted by cailean_556 View Post
I'm looking forward to this map. I am curious as to it's general layout however. Will it feature Argentinian coastline, with at least one airbase all the way over there so 'REDFOR/BLUFOR' are separated by ocean East/West or will it centre on the Falkland Islands and be surrounded by water? Or will the Falkland Islands even be included (logic would suggest 'Yes', given the Falklands-era units being produced)?

Flying from mainland Argentina is going to take some time (and pilots will learn new respect for fuel conservation) and then getting back is going to be an issue also. They didn't have AAR back then - at least not the Argentinians - unsure if the RN FAA had it either for Sea Harrier and Harrier, although the RAF did with old Victors. Of course, more modern scenarios can get around this easily using assets already in DCS.

If this map centres on the Falklands and then there's nothing but water it will slightly disappointing, for me personally, however considering this is also focusing on 'what if' scenarios, I would also be disappointed if this turned into an 'Argentina is the China of South America' and there's artificial island airbases made in this map.

Hopefully we can see some early concepts of the area they intend to replicate.
The Argies had AAR for the Skyhawks and Super Étendards, just Daggers and mirages didn’t.

The RN didn’t have assets in the theatre to AAR whilst operating from the carriers (as you noted the RAF had victors supporting the RAF but that wasn’t directly in support for combat ops other than the black buck missions)
Oesau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:26 PM   #112
joey45
Veteran

I knew there was a reason I was making this...
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
Please send all hate mail to No11
new AV8 livery USN style
joey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:27 PM   #113
cailean_556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oesau View Post
The Argies had AAR for the Skyhawks and Super Étendards, just Daggers and mirages didn’t.

The RN didn’t have assets in the theatre to AAR whilst operating from the carriers (as you noted the RAF had victors supporting the RAF but that wasn’t directly in support for combat ops other than the black buck missions)
What tanker did the Argentinians have to conduct AAR from? Or did they do buddy refuelling? That'd be a new mission type for pilots in DCS...
cailean_556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:29 PM   #114
joey45
Veteran

I think it was the Hurc...
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
Please send all hate mail to No11
new AV8 livery USN style
joey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:42 PM   #115
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

KC-130

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860-GTX 1060 KFA2- 6G RAM-1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:02 AM   #116
RFC Rudel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cailean_556 View Post
I'm looking forward to this map. I am curious as to it's general layout however. Will it feature Argentinian coastline, with at least one airbase all the way over there so 'REDFOR/BLUFOR' are separated by ocean East/West or will it centre on the Falkland Islands and be surrounded by water? Or will the Falkland Islands even be included (logic would suggest 'Yes', given the Falklands-era units being produced)?

Flying from mainland Argentina is going to take some time (and pilots will learn new respect for fuel conservation) and then getting back is going to be an issue also. They didn't have AAR back then - at least not the Argentinians - unsure if the RN FAA had it either for Sea Harrier and Harrier, although the RAF did with old Victors. Of course, more modern scenarios can get around this easily using assets already in DCS.

If this map centres on the Falklands and then there's nothing but water it will slightly disappointing, for me personally, however considering this is also focusing on 'what if' scenarios, I would also be disappointed if this turned into an 'Argentina is the China of South America' and there's artificial island airbases made in this map.

Hopefully we can see some early concepts of the area they intend to replicate.

there where all type of missions, h130 low alt, then go up for moment to make 1 radar sweep, the Fenix squadron use civil planes and pilots to make approach's and then run back, lots of planes: from no tech (not even altitude radar) to lots of tech.

One h130 bomb the ship Hercules, so we can have h130 as bombers...…,Camberra bomb at night, heavy A/A to learn to dodge (skyguard), it have many possibility's, all missions are ultra risky and we can add more things.

Last edited by RFC Rudel; 04-27-2018 at 07:19 AM.
RFC Rudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:28 AM   #117
Haukka81

Map area pic please , even Google map is fine.

Would made us happy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haukka81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:59 PM   #118
Jester986

This early? I'd imagine they wouldn't want to commit to a map area yet with so much being "subject to change".
Jester986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:59 PM   #119
Baco

This is the painting representing the Herc that went to fetch a Skyhwak leaking fuel badly and was unable to reach the tankers.
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:22 AM   #120
RFC Rudel

The nice about this war between allies (that's how I call it) and one thing was the battle for the islands and another the war with uk, was the military equipment performance. Some things work other not, the lack of the a4 radar end electronics make then totally passive and hard to detect. the starting to use john with a machine guns (cant have software malfunctions).

My old man is non military engineer that at the time work the ar minister of defence (also consultor of Europe cannon and tank builders), after the war he have a ton of work creating different weapon system usage reports.(skyward for example)

In war you use to the limit all you have even if was not designed for that use.

I can provide specific information, and detail activities of all ar air activity, like the h130 (have pictures) modified for bombing that sink the Hercules ship (well it was skunked not by the bomb that exploit but for the one that did not explode (nobody want a ship with ammo whit unexploded bomb so the crew sunk it).
normally in forums ar and brits discuss this like a football mach...….I do not, I can provide documents for the creation of historical missions.

taken all equipment to de limit can provide very great missions (harriers forced to land on small ships, south see conditions, weather, night raids of ar camberras that have to race home when harriers went after (camberras use custom build radar jamming window type) so all was to the limit, no mission have a safe ticket back and that was for both sides.

Custom mission could include the bombing of ar key continental assets like the nuclear reactors or airbases.

Last edited by RFC Rudel; 04-28-2018 at 07:29 AM.
RFC Rudel is offline   Reply With Quote