Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

The message I got in email suggests mine isn't shipping until Jan 2nd. But you say they are going to shipping agents on Monday?

Can't add anything to this:

There are 20+ different sub-modifications of the MCG, and due to obvious technological reasons the most popular ones will be produced and shipped out first. Others will follow without any further delays or intervals between these sub-modifications.

And once again, mass production STARTED today.

Even filling up a bath tub takes some time, does it not?

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, reading these messages about disappointment is something less than encouraging.

So is VKB's timeliness, from your customers eyes. I wouldn't try to throw shade on them, given the series of events. Just sayin :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Yeah, it's been a bumpy and overly complicated road here...

@Brixmis

As mentioned, again, putting a $100-200 grip on a stick base worth about $30-40 is foolish. They could set up versions for a Tflight base, too, if they wanted, but it's still stupid. You bought a cheap system, which is fine, I used the same one until recently, but expecting high end peripherals to be compatible with low end peripherals is ridiculous. Changing the grip won't solve the fact the guts of that thing are bargain basement components prone to failure. Instead of looking for a jury rig solution, just don't buy Saitek anymore.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Can't add anything to this:

And once again, mass production STARTED today.

Even filling up a bath tub takes some time, does it not?

AeroGator, don't take me the wrong way here... there is a reason I am willing to wait instead of going with someone that can ship now, I believe VKB's product to be superior, and due to that am even willing to wait until you (nobody else) release your throttle. Even with the delays (I am a DCS customer, I know ALL about delays :megalol:) I am more than willing to wait.

But the communication is still confusing. I was (perhaps mistakenly) under the impression that all the product had arrived at the VKB HQ to hand over to shippers, the line used on the official forum was, "Fellow Pilots, 15 Dec has come, and here they are." ... so I assumed that meant all product was in house and ready to start packaging and shipping. Hopefully you can understand why there is confusion.

The prior communication about preorders was that on the 15th of this month we would be charged, I figured that meant (again, maybe my own fault?) that shipping would start probably next week... but then we get this update that Jan 2nd is the preorder charge and shipping week. So, to me that is another delay and the source of my disappointment. Again, not anger, just disappointment. Don't take it personally, I am not canceling or angry... Do not feel disheartend over this, you have no reason to!

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Seriously, reading these messages about disappointment is something less than encouraging.

I also believe in your product, and I believe in your good intentions. I can see how much you guys care about your work! Of course though, as a consumer, waiting is always frustrating. And correct or not, US customers have long had the impression this product would be available much earlier. It feels like (in a similar way to the Gunfighter) it has been delayed and delayed. The experience of ordering from VKB is the experience of delays. But, like the others here, I am patient enough to wait to January 2nd, because I believe you're making a superior product.

It is a little frustrating, as a GF pre-order customer, to see updates to the GF, and the MCG/Mk.II shipping before my MCG. I think you guys would do well to reward early adoption, if in no way other than to at least ship by order number. I imagine you have compelling sales reasons to ship new GF/MCG combos before shipping stand-alone MCGs to return customers.

Anyway, looking forward to 2 Jan. :)

When does ordering for Europe start? March?

We will ship out a full sea container to our EU dealer in January.

As we had previously explained on multiple occasions, EU customs regulations do not allow us to do drop shipment, like we do in other markets. We would gladly do the same in EU but - ...

We can only say sorry for that, however it is not our fault.

>

AeroGator

And what about the desk mounts in the works?

Is there an echo in the building.....?

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

''We are establishing storehouses in all major markets starting early coming year, which will put the end to delays and out-of-stocks.''

Thats great news...and this would put a lot of tention and frustration behind us all. Everyone can order whenever they want without the constant need to watch out when the next batch will be available, and then jumping on board and preordering just to wait variable amount of months.

Thats great news...and this would put a lot of tention and frustration behind us all. Everyone can order whenever they want without the constant need to watch out when the next batch will be available, and then jumping on board and preordering just to wait variable amount of months.

Took years to grow up to this.

Few know that all our business story has evolved without a single borrowed cent from any bank or private investor. Oh no, once we bought an espresso machine for the office using parents' money. But that was it.

:pilotfly:

• Like 1

>

AeroGator

Took years to grow up to this.

Few know that all our business story has evolved without a single borrowed cent from any bank or private investor. Oh no, once we bought an espresso machine for the office using parents' money. But that was it.

:pilotfly:

Is there a history of VKB and how it formed anywhere? That would be a really cool thing to add to the website. :)

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Is there a history of VKB and how it formed anywhere? That would be a really cool thing to add to the website. :)

This I will do. Rather sooner than later. It has been airborne for quite some time, so finally I should just drag myself to it.

Some time before or right after 春节.

>

AeroGator

I hate vkb dates.................you may think there is punch line of a joke somewhere............but Love a company that put quality over profit.

To make it right take time,the entire line of products that will came after gf require the best foundation possible.

vkb history.............https://www.vkb-sim.com.ar/about

but that don't tell how they got here...........how they cancel mamba because they know they could do better even if that hurt in $ department.....and that is something I respect. (still heate the delays)

Edited by RFC Rudel

Just another nice MCG image to whet your appetite, courtesy of VKB HQ:

(also on imgur).

PS: Thanks to AeroGator, holding down the fort while I was busy processing all Gunfighter+MCG PRO combo pre-orders for VKB North America. :thumbup:

EDIT: Ah bummer, Sokol already posted it above, oh well - late to the party.

RGslider.thumb.jpg.a508890444f403b508041c90ecb7b664.jpg

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I won't lie, chronic delays or not, I was it was VKB (or even VPC) that was making the Hornet grip instead of Thrustmaster.

MCG's looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440