P51D Videos

JimMack

Had a good time doing a few laps with a friend. Thank you for the mission!

Hopefully we will soon be able to enhance the experience further by providing smoke generators for the Mustang. :)

yes please !

DUJYen7.jpg

nope they dont work. but they look like they could lol.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so what can we add to the the p51 lua to allow this to work?

My guess would be patch 1.2.3 :music_whistling:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

so what can we add to the the p51 lua to allow this to work?
The capability was added in the source code, so will not be available until an update is released. Given that 1.2.3 is already being tested in final form, it will not include this. So most likely in 1.2.4 or maybe some intermediate update.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

The capability was added in the source code, so will not be available until an update is released. Given that 1.2.3 is already being tested in final form, it will not include this. So most likely in 1.2.4 or maybe some intermediate update.

thanks for the info.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought Kutaisi Airbase was too far away from the city and decided to land directly in Kutaisi on the smallest airstrip I could find. Add a little bit of crosswind and you get a dodgy landing but I did it! :pilotfly:

I know I forgot to turn off the gyro

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

thhought id make a demo vid instead of a screenshot with this skin im making. i flew with mouse and keyboard in this view hehe. just modding the specular files once again and testing for awkward shader moments. using normal HDR settings here and well i dont like lack of shadowing, self shadowing contrasting effect is nice, but overall it needs more shadowing. the wing decals colour merges with the grey metal because its just either to bright or to white and it causes complete relfection knock out..... can you see it ? . give us our nice shadowing and reflection power within shadow state like from 1.2.1 back.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

cheers, i had good it in 1.2.1 but since then its been a struggle to get anything like what i was working with. the core shaders are being tuned for the vanilla artwork and as that is very low powered (default artwork is not using shaders enough) regards the shaders when you touch my speculars it blows it out of balance immediatly because the shaders are too overpowered for the artwork being so low in form. 1.2.4 has some severe brightness output, so bright it knocks out everything out. now using and hdr.lua tweak to stop it getting so damn bright, and even at these settings its still too over bearing.

a dusk version.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent Vids of P-51 recently posted.

I just came across these apparently recently uploaded video documentaries re: P 51 which I'm sure many of you will enjoy.

I just hope I am posting these links in the right place ?

Here is Part 1

http://youtu.be/R6_iZjdO0mE

and

Here is Part 2

http://youtu.be/q_DqAgiZbQM

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

SnowTiger:joystick:

• 4 weeks later...

Far from natural (I am not using game-mode though). The rudder is still very touchy to me, I can't figure out how to coordinate turns. Without adding rudder the ball indicates slip but I see no slip. When I try to add rudder in the turn the plane will yaw all over the place. Contrasting this to the A-10C, which is supposed to have an augmentation system, if I don't add rudder I can see a slight bit of adverse yaw and adding rudder to coordinate the turn is very easy.

Nice Flight. Looks like you had lots of fun "derping".

BTW - Can someone please tell me what the 5 yellow/orange squares mean below my Reputation Power ? It says "Warning" and shows the 5 squares !!

Is it something I said somewhere OR the introduction of videos that I didn't create ?

What if anything did I do wrong ?

Again, it has been a while for me (unfortunately... hope to change that soon) and I had allot of help from others. But I know that setting up Curves in your customizations can make a big difference to the sensitivity of your controls, at different stages of their axis.

If you like, I can hook up with you a little later this evening and tell you how my rudders are set up !!

Can someone please tell me what the 5 yellow/orange squares mean below my Reputation Power ? It says "Warning" and shows the 5 squares !!

If it says the following:

Warn: (0%) empty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gif

You're good. It means that you've got no warnings. I'm guessing you get five warnings, hence the five bars? Not sure, never been warned on these boards. Anyway, as long as it says 0%, you're fine--it means you're clear.