From AMD to Intel ...

Good Morning!

My FX8350 from AMD died on battle! Was buried with military honors alredy!

So, it was, uh, maybe 4 months ago. Here in Brazil is damn hot, and AMD processor tends to suffer lots of heating, and thats was the probably cause of it's death, so i thinking to change my rig to intel plataform.

I have a high end AMD platafform MOBO with 16G ram, and i want to move to INTEL, but, i want at least a equal or more powerfull processor than my 8350...

Also, would like to keep my DDR3 memorys, becaus i noticed that new Intel Processors are DDR4....

So if you guy could point me both good MOBO and Intel processor to fit DCS i would appreciate it.

Also, should i keep DDR3 or its time to move to 4?

Who cares...

All modern processors use DDR4, which is a bit expensive for 16 GB ... it isnt an option for you to just buy another FX8350? it would be the less expensive way of repairing your PC.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

My advice is to sell the DDR3 (you can get more than you paid) and start fresh. Selling off the DDR3 should cover at least half the cost of the DDR4 replacement. Beyond that, the i5-8600k and a mid priced Z370 motherboard should serve you well and be a huge upgrade over what you had. If you would prefer to stick with AMD, the Ryzen 5 2600 and a good B350 motherboard are arguably the value gaming king at the moment.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

All modern processors use DDR4, which is a bit expensive for 16 GB ... it isnt an option for you to just buy another FX8350? it would be the less expensive way of repairing your PC.

Yea.... But... i not satisfied with it... Also, my entire rig never was satisfactory.

I own a CCE notebook with 2Gb ram, with I5, not even SSD it has and it boots up faster than computer...

In gaming its ook, it's faster.... but something i always wrong with boot and opening files (office for example takes 3 more time than notebook).... So i got tired...

My advice is to sell the DDR3 (you can get more than you paid) and start fresh. Selling off the DDR3 should cover at least half the cost of the DDR4 replacement. Beyond that, the i5-8600k and a mid priced Z370 motherboard should serve you well and be a huge upgrade over what you had. If you would prefer to stick with AMD, the Ryzen 5 2600 and a good B350 motherboard are arguably the value gaming king at the moment.

That's great.... im not on Hurry and i could buy parts by parts, so i will not to blow up my credit card :lol:

I'll check those Intel kits right now...

Thank you!

Who cares...