Freeze 50% of the time in 2.5.0 ???

JEFX

Hello

I really like your immersive campaign but (at least for me) it is barely playable... I have DCS 2.5.0 with Windows 10/64 and I am playing with a resolution of 3840X1024 (THead2Go).

I dont know what is going on but once every second try my DCS freezes in the middle of a mission and I have to start all over again. I cannot even get out of the freeze with Windows Task Manager...

It happend in the first mission and twice in the second mission...:(

Is this campaing fully tested in 2.5?? or perhaps I should wait? Just bought it to take advantage of the beauty of the new landscape...

thanks

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

• ED Team

Hi

There is a known issue with triple screen currently, the next patch will hopefully address this.

For now if you can run the three screens as three viewports and not as one.

If you can please let us know your full system spec and attach your logs, I have a guide in my signature

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks BigNewy, and for the feedback JEFX.

I have personally tested the campaign at various stages of 2.5's development. Issues may crop up as DCS continues to evolve but everything is good to go to the best of my knowledge.

Some minor fixes to timing of dialogue triggers and AI behavior in missions 12 and 13 will be included in the next DCS update, but there are no game-breaking issues with the campaign, specifically, that we are aware of at this time.

Hi guys, thanks for the quick response... I will when I get enough time with the computer later... but what I can remember was that before the crashes (or freezes I must say) I usually looked at the F10 Map in order to calculate Bullseye distance and bearing... I think that everytime I froze was after a switch to an outside view???

By the way, I havent flown fighters for a long long time (I did real flying in the recent years, but NO fighting in a Cessna :music_whistling: and I have tried twice now the second mission and I dont seem to be able to survive... I got killed both time, do you have an advice? Thanks.

I tried again last night without changing the views and it remained stable until I got killed again...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey! Tes, the campaign has been tested quite intensively in 2.5 and none of the people who helped during the process reported similar issues.. I suspect something else at play as BIGNEWY suggests. Are you using any mods?

As for M2, prepare your flare programme and don’t rely on MWS. As soon as you see the trail of the missile, dump flares and break.

Also, if you know where the strike will come from, change formation and have one of your wingmen fly closer to the launcher ;)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hi Baltic Dragon and thanks again for the great work!

If it crashes again I will put the log files here.

It didnt crash last time I tried. No I dont use any mods, just a wide resolution on TH2Go.

Thanks for the advice I will try again...

Definitely lost my fighting hand

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Baltic Dragon and thanks again for the great work!

If it crashes again I will put the log files here.

It didnt crash last time I tried. No I dont use any mods, just a wide resolution on TH2Go.

Thanks for the advice I will try again...

Definitely lost my fighting hand

LOL, for some reason I thought you were playing the Enemy Within :D

Disregard what I said about flares and wingmen, it will get you nowhere.

Rather use chaff and notch when the missile is fired, IIRC it shoots from maximum range so it is not that difficult to spoof.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

funny... I did spoof one (passed right behind) ... then another... but a third one hit me while I was trying to beam...

Edited by BIGNEWY

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try to lock both Fulcrums in TWS. After the MiG-29s fire crank hard and begin deploying chaff. Once you are given permission to return fire, order your wingman to engage, crank back across and fire two AMRAAMs. After a few seconds, perform one more crank as you wait for pitbull. Try to keep your speed around .8 mach.

Once the bandits are suppressed by your AIM-120s they should break their lock which will allow you or your wingman to press in and engage them. If one of your missiles fails to suppress after pitbull and you're still being actively locked, perform a split S and try to drag their missiles before re-engaging.

Don't stay on the defensive too long though or they'll fly right up your tailpipe. Your best bet is to be extremely aggressive once you're cleared to attack.

Edited by feefifofum