DCS: F-14 Priority Issues

Cobra847

I will be rather sad about this. I use the pilot Lantirn 'mod' a lot and I am very warey of how well jester will use it. When on a bomb run the last thing I want is to be messing about with the jester wheel.

For me just adding the Lantirn controls to the pilot bindings as per the mod is an easier and better option in my opinion in lieu of a human rio.

Oh come one Father Cool, lasing in a Tomcat or any plane for that matter is for rookies. :D Load up some Snakeyes, hit the deck screaming at 550kts, dump them off and get the hell out of dodge.....fighter pilots make movies, bomber pilots make history. :)

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

Oh come one Father Cool, lasing in a Tomcat or any plane for that matter is for rookies. :D Load up some Snakeyes, hit the deck screaming at 550kts, dump them off and get the hell out of dodge.....fighter pilots make movies, bomber pilots make history. :)

supersonic snakeyes or go home

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

I feel a full blown A-6 module on the horizon gents!!!!! May be the liquor talking tonight, but I’m pretty sure Coolhand is on 3/4 mile approach to DCS!

That would be amazing but Im still nervous about heatblur continuing to develop new modules for DCS. Since the announcement of their partnership outiside of DCS they have avoided commenting on if they will do another module or just completion/sustainment on their current ones

That would be amazing but Im still nervous about heatblur continuing to develop new modules for DCS. Since the announcement of their partnership outiside of DCS they have avoided commenting on if they will do another module or just completion/sustainment on their current ones

We commented numerous times, and we always say the same.

a) Don't listen to rumors, don't nurture them either please.

b) We always said, we will finish our EA obligations first, only then we will talk about the future again. We believe the concept of EA has suffered a loss of trust throughout the entire gaming industry in recent years, hence we want to fulfill it with the utmost responsibility to the customer (and even if it had not suffered a loss of trust, we would want to). It is a tool we need in niche markets like flight simming, so we very much want to re-assure our customers that our comittment lies therein first and foremost. In other words, we believe we owe you to finish what we started first. Just a sidenote: this is not a comment on recent events, we have been saying this for the past several years, thus please be so kind and avoid discussing the topic of other modules here - everyone takes a different approach and we don't want to judge anyone but ourselves.

c) We're not going anywhere.

:smilewink:

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

b) We always said, we will finish our EA obligations first, only then we will talk about the future again. We believe the concept of EA has suffered a loss of trust throughout the entire gaming industry in recent years, hence we want to fulfill it with the utmost responsibility to the customer (and even if it had not suffered a loss of trust, we would want to). It is a tool we need in niche markets like flight simming, so we very much want to re-assure our customers that our comittment lies therein first and foremost. In other words, we believe we owe you to finish what we started first. Just a sidenote: this is not a comment on recent events, we have been saying this for the past several years, thus please be so kind and avoid discussing the topic of other modules here - everyone takes a different approach and we don't want to judge anyone but ourselves.

Thank you for the response. Sorry if that came off as rumor mongering, I certainly understand and agree with your thoughts on EA and announcing modules. Just to split a hair though my comment wasn't about trying to get you to confirm you would do module X or Y next, just that there would be continued development for DCS. Up until now the only commitment I could find was to product completion and sustainment. But I apologize if anything came off as critical and thank you for the answer. I look forward to all of heatblurs projects:thumbup:

They are not allowed to go anywhere they need to get started on the Tornado when the Tomcat is finished.:megalol:

Sorry couldn’t help it.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I hope the sound improvements will lower the pitch of the engines at idle to sound more realistic:

to my untrained ear, the dominant pitch is almost an octave off... obviously there are lots of sounds / frequencies mixed in, but the dominant one you can hear is lower than what you hear in DCS

I hope the sound improvements will lower the pitch of the engines at idle to sound more realistic:

to my untrained ear, the dominant pitch is almost an octave off... obviously there are lots of sounds / frequencies mixed in, but the dominant one you can hear is lower than what you hear in DCS

Those planes in that video are A models. But nevertheless, sounds need big improvement when it comes to comparing the details with modules like F/A-18 or F-16.

Awesome post :thumbup:

You may not always deliver in time, but I had never the feeling that you won't deliver. And when you deliver, it has been always awesome.

I'm pretty sure your next module is a insta-buy for me. But take the time you need - quality over quantity...

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Could you tell us anything about the campaigns you're developing for the Tomcat? Which map(s) etc? Very excited about this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Could you tell us anything about the campaigns you're developing for the Tomcat? Which map(s) etc? Very excited about this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If the Devil Dog mission is any indicator, it's going to be pretty good.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

HEATBLUR you are AWESOME

many thanks for your effortful job

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

Thank you so much for the update and hard work. :)

CPU :Intel® Core i5-4690K CPU @3.50GHz 3.50GHz GPU :RX 580 Sapphire |RAM : 16GB | SSD 500GB & 1TB Samsung | Flight gear : T.16000 FCS Flight Pack

⚡ Wishlist :    F-117 Nighthawk  | F-14D Super Tomcat |  F-111 Aardvark | P-38M Lightning   ⚡

Sorry for kicking the hornets nest IronMike. I was drinking the other night and watching Flight of the Intruder when I dropped the thread on here. :pilotfly: You guys are spot on with your approach for your customers. I look forward to the future of HB and DCS! And for the record VR, F-14, and alcohol are a good time. :D Until your wife hears you calling "Devil 505 3/4 of mile call your ball, ROGER BALL F**K YEAH!" while she is trying to go to bed.

Edited by robert.clark251

Sorry for kicking the hornets nest IronMike. I was drinking the other night and watching Flight of the Intruder when I dropped the thread on here. :pilotfly: You guys are spot on with your approach for your customers. I look forward to the future of HB and DCS! And for the record VR, F-14, and alcohol are a good time. :D Until your wife hears you calling "Devil 505 3/4 of mile call your ball, ROGER BALL F**K YEAH!" while she is trying to go to bed.

Flight of the Intruder followed by some drunk VR Tomcatting? Sounds like my plans for tonight, to be honest.

Edit: Flight of the Intruder, check. Alcohol, check. VR Tomcat, soon

Edit 2: and drunken VR Tomcattery, check.

Edited by Spurts

F14 newbee here ( DCS F18 pilot ) I'm surprised ACL is not in this thread, this was the first thing ( this F14 has a long learning curve ) I investigated ( coming from MSFS, flying liners SID and STAR for decades).

Got this figured out now ( fly like a Beech Baron), just be right on the numbers. Then again I cannot imagine that if you're somewhat, or more, off the numbers ( I discovered testing ) the ACL keeps driving the plane, to quite improbable limits, then again highly entertaining.

Pity this certain F14 pilot - I read - in this forum apparently was stopped disclosing how the F14 flies but is seems technically either the ACLS should give up doing this roller coaster thing by just disconnecting, or, to the extend how it can be made to pull your plane's G's should have a limit ( I favor the latter, because that's still entertaining ). Or perhaps this is exactly what the F14 did? Which would be swell :)

When one has the plane somewhat precise on the numbers, this ACL is completely fantastic btw.

( Hint: Anyone can PM me a still existing copy from this guy? If it's in an embargo it must be good, I am european, no worry, much appreciated )

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I feel a full blown A-6 module on the horizon gents!!!!! May be the liquor talking tonight, but I’m pretty sure Coolhand is on 3/4 mile approach to DCS!

Beware with the Phantom Shitter ;)

Best movie ever.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Good stuff there. Looking forward to the campaigns for the B. and the A. (Kind of tired of the multiplayer stuff)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

You're doing it right. Thanks for that!

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

F14 newbee here ( DCS F18 pilot ) I'm surprised ACL is not in this thread, this was the first thing ( this F14 has a long learning curve ) I investigated ( coming from MSFS, flying liners SID and STAR for decades).

Got this figured out now ( fly like a Beech Baron), just be right on the numbers. Then again I cannot imagine that if you're somewhat, or more, off the numbers ( I discovered testing ) the ACL keeps driving the plane, to quite improbable limits, then again highly entertaining.

Pity this certain F14 pilot - I read - in this forum apparently was stopped disclosing how the F14 flies but is seems technically either the ACLS should give up doing this roller coaster thing by just disconnecting, or, to the extend how it can be made to pull your plane's G's should have a limit ( I favor the latter, because that's still entertaining ). Or perhaps this is exactly what the F14 did? Which would be swell :)

When one has the plane somewhat precise on the numbers, this ACL is completely fantastic btw.

( Hint: Anyone can PM me a still existing copy from this guy? If it's in an embargo it must be good, I am european, no worry, much appreciated )

ACLS is bugged atm. It isn't on the list, because it gets fixed/broken with changes ED is doing to the Supercarrier. We're giving them time to do what they need, then we will either correct it ourselves again or bring it to their attention, whichever is needed. We hope it will work as intended soon again.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/