DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Can't wait to see some pics on this! And yes hope we can have many parking spots much like we can set them on a airfield now...

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

From what I understand it will be kind of like a Combined Arms thing. A player could take control of the carrier and steer it around, change speeds, etc. Unclear yet but a player (same or multiples, unknown) can also take LSO station, or others.

I really hope we get some way to walk around it or board the plane from the deck, would be so amazing for immersion. But even riding the elevators and taxiing to the cat would be amazing with the animated deck crew.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Personally i think that this should be similar to every module. as a not owning player we should see, interact, and use everything the carrier has to offer. full quality textures and all animations. we should be able to spawn in the hanger and be transported to the deck all without issue.

I highly doubt that to happen. I expect landing, taxiing and takeoff, just like the current carrier. I think interaction with the deck crew, elevators and all the other stuff to be reserved for owners.

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wonder a bit if the new carrier will be avaliable for everyone to land on but where people who pay for the module would have more detail, and though who did not at least can land and taxi arround like the carrier today.

With other words 1 simple model for free

and if you have the paied dlc then you get all the extra stuff.

What do you guys think ?

I think it won't be a free module, and in my opinion indeed it shouldn't be.

There are 2 basic Nimitz class carriers available already. For free I might add.

Yes!

Stennis is Nimitz class also, isnt it? Or we will get more modern carrier?

Correct. Stennis is a Nimitz class carrier. We are getting another one that will be an optional buy.

I wonder what the price will be, but detailed Nimitz class + animated deck crew + carrier operations ATC is a dream come true for me. Instant buy day 1.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Stennis is Nimitz class also, isnt it? Or we will get more modern carrier?

Which more modern one would that be? There's currently only one of the new Ford class delivered, but given the amount of issues with it, it's at least a few years away from operational testing, let alone service.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

personally prefer to pay and enjoy a fully developed module such as a Nimitz Carrier, rather than to take the free option. That's my point of view.

And if you play a Coop mision with friends that don't have it, you can't use it all ?

The free option is for ensure that people who paid for it can fully enjoy it allways.

Will Forrestal class carrier be as same level with this upcoming Nimitz?

I mean if we will have a fully modelled Forrestal with animated crew, radio etc i will not buy Nimitz. Otherwise i will

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

That is something ...

Will Forrestal class carrier be as same level with this upcoming Nimitz?

...one would need to ask Heatblur about.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I wonder its MP status.

If we don't have it, will we see just sea?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

I wonder its MP status.

If we don't have it, will we see just sea?

:huh:

Do you see just air if there is someone flying an aircraft you don't know?...

ED said that users that don't own the carrier module will not have access to its advanced functionality. I guess that means stuff like elevators, hangar, air boss, briefing room, LSO, ...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

:huh:

Do you see just air if there is someone flying an aircraft you don't know?...

ED said that users that don't own the carrier module will not have access to its advanced functionality. I guess that means stuff like elevators, hangar, air boss, briefing room, LSO, ...

but i can't intereact with them execpt killing. But if i see the ship, i can land and take off to/from it. i don't think ed wants this

i don't remember if we can see the ai pack which is sold as a module

Youtube

but i can't intereact with them execpt killing. But if i see the ship, i can land and take off to/from it. i don't think ed wants this

i don't remember if we can see the ai pack which is sold as a module

You can't join a server if it uses the WW2 AI pack IIRC. In regards to the carrier module see my comment above.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Carrier Module

Obviously I understand why a producer would put a price tag on something that took a lot of time and resources. I am not disputing that, it makes sense.

But my two cents in this is, that a fairly big reason I love DCS is that I can just buy a module and go directly into the action with, say 10 close friends of mine that also have various modules.

In comparison to other flight sims alá FSX where there is a dlc for lights, trees, you name it.

Of course you can say, ah no big deal just don't buy them if you do not want them.

But in the sense of a carrier module that is a premium to naval aircraft users, with functionality limited to those who paid, it is not an optimal experience.

Imagine the majority of my previously mentioned 10 close friends get that carrier, and make a mission designed around that idea. Me not having that module would feel very left out.

And depending on how a paid carrier would work, I would maybe even be required to have it to play with them in that mission.

Sure, I am never forced to spend money for it as I can just use the vanilla carrier and be fine.

But it still is not the way I would want ED to take.

Because where does it stop? A paid carrier now, 2,99$ Cows tomorrow! Required by server to join, oh too bad for you.

The ideal way for me personally would be, to make the new and awesome carrier included in the F-18 Module. And to cope with the development time spend on the carrier, increase the price of the Hornet.

Which would probably piss people since it already has a (justified) premium price.

Plus what about the F-14 in that case? Carrier bullying I guess.

I as well do not have a good solution.

Synopsis is that I do not care about having a lot of plane modules, as I see each of them as an individual full price game. But I do not ever want individual variables of a game world be a paid dlc/module where I have to pay a fortune to see a lush and modular game world to play in.

Thank you.

Instead of making a point on why the DCS carrier module should be free, we should instead make the point on why the price is worth bearing. When you use time as a resource, developers put value into what they develop as we put value into what we pay for.

Edited by rjetster1

If this is a module that can be bought, is the solution to allow it to be seen by all players (including those who haven’t bought it), but can only be used (take off/landing) for those whose have coughed up. That would prevent the instance of server/player mismatch in n module requirements.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

When F18C came out and people complained about the high price, developers explained that it was a modern complex carrier-borne aircraft.

I was okay with that but now I have the feeling that they ask me to pay again for things that should be there and covered by my f18 purchase, like ATC and spawning.

When F18C came out and people complained about the high price, developers explained that it was a modern complex carrier-borne aircraft.

I was okay with that but now I have the feeling that they ask me to pay again for things that should be there and covered by my f18 purchase, like ATC and spawning.

ATC is separate from any module. We will simply see the first rendition of a modern ATC with the new Carrier module. In fact ED have had in place plans to overall the ATC for land-based airfields as well.

As far as spawns go in regards to the current carrier and the new paid-for-module; the paid-for-module will be modeled far and beyond the current offerings. It only makes sense that there are more options available.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

...Imagine the majority of my previously mentioned 10 close friends get that carrier, and make a mission designed around that idea. Me not having that module would feel very left out.

And depending on how a paid carrier would work, I would maybe even be required to have it to play with them in that mission...

I don't understand this mentality. Whose fault is it if someone feels left out? Isn't their fault because they haven't bought the carrier module? ED provides options. There's a free functioning carrier. They created a highly-detailed carrier that they would like to sell because of the time/resources put into making it. Would you rather them just give it away for free so no one feels left out? This carrier is not for the Hornet, it's for carrier/naval ops. I'm sure other naval aircraft will be able to use it too.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

True and valid

I don't understand this mentality. Whose fault is it if someone feels left out? Isn't their fault because they haven't bought the carrier module? ED provides options. There's a free functioning carrier. They created a highly-detailed carrier that they would like to sell because of the time/resources put into making it. Would you rather them just give it away for free so no one feels left out? This carrier is not for the Hornet, it's for carrier/naval ops. I'm sure other naval aircraft will be able to use it too.

This.

And also, I think we just need to wait patiently for the reveal. First of all, what exactly will be included in the module (I think carrier, deck crew and ATC will be a bundle). Then, let's see what the price will be.

When they are ready they will discuss ins and outs of this project and then one can decide to get on board or not.