Got VRSS work on DCS

boedha68

hmm OK thank you. hopefully it will be sooner then later to come out.. I was wondering why they just did not use dx12??

Id say MUCH,MUCH later a rewrite like that could take years if they ever do it at all, after all they have no Financial motivation/reason to do that much work to give us a 20% increase in performance.which is from what Ive read is about all there is to be gained according to people who know more than I about the API

I don't think any coding should be required, it just depends if the game engine will work with it.

The central region can be supersampled up to 8x – this is based on the MSAA level selected in the application. All this is completely handled from within the NVIDIA display driver without the need of any application integration.

https://devblogs.nvidia.com/nvidia-vrss-a-zero-effort-way-to-improve-your-vr-image-quality/

Of course redesigning the game engine to use forward rendering would be something coded but there are good reasons developers have gone down the deferred rendering route.

The game was working with forwarding rendering before, they just removed it because it was too complicated to maintain two different rendering technique.

Edited by Icebeat

"they just removed it because it was too complicated to maintain two different rendering technique."

Or, more correctly... It would have been super inefficient to maintain both so they stuck with the better one.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Deferred shading was introduced with 2.1 openalpha

Yeah I know. We have deffered shading. Deffered lighting is a different (compatible) tech.

http://www.realtimerendering.com/blog/deferred-lighting-approaches/

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 4 weeks later...
anyone knows how to force VRSS like before with the new 445.75 nvidia driver?

The DCS engine is 100% incompatible with VRSS tech. Any change you think you see is also 100% placebo.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals