Troop pickup still not fixed????

Zimmerdylan

Tried out, worked smooth for me ;)

Wow!!! Really? I just set up a mission and wasn't able to pull up the coms menu for troops. I'll give it another try this evening. Maybe I missed something in the advanced menu or something like that.

Thanks for that feedback.:smilewink:

Wow!!! Really? I just set up a mission and wasn't able to pull up the coms menu for troops. I'll give it another try this evening. Maybe I missed something in the advanced menu or something like that.

Thanks for that feedback.:smilewink:

:thumbup: You are welcome ) for player controlled Mi-8 just place the troopers where you want, nothing else needed )

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

Like Zimmerdylan, I've not been able to do it.

The menu is there, I land nearby the troops, use the F6 (I think it's F6) menu to permit "group X" to come aboard, there's some kind of movement from the troops but they don't embark

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Loading Troops into the UH1H or Mi-8 works fine using the Descent option in the comms menu.

If you set a waypoint to embark, the troops will line up ready to get on board, then run into the airframe... if not they often run around like headless chickens until some get on-board.

There is a limit of how many troops each airframe will take.

Weight after load is modelled as is after an unload. :thumbup:

There may well be issues on a MP server.

They are slowly getting there... THE TRICK is to get the AI to go where you want after unload though.... At the moment it is not possible for me so I rely on CTLD where you can set a ranging distance and they attack the enemy. With the DCS option, 9/10 times they run back to where they started from, with or without waypoints.... at least with me...

SIGBLOCK.png

I've written DCS TROOPSHIP to deal with these issues. The actual "troopship" bit may be a little obsolete/redundant if troop pick up works OK natively now. But folks may find the troop "C&C" (Command and Control) ship support useful: order troops to zones, directions (e.g., North for 2.5 klicks), advance to contact (engage nearest enemy), pop smoke, report status etc.

https://github.com/glyphoglossus/dcs-troopship.git

Like Zimmerdylan, I've not been able to do it.

The menu is there, I land nearby the troops, use the F6 (I think it's F6) menu to permit "group X" to come aboard, there's some kind of movement from the troops but they don't embark

Are you talking about 2.5 version?

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

Loading Troops into the UH1H or Mi-8 works fine using the Descent option in the comms menu.

If you set a waypoint to embark, the troops will line up ready to get on board, then run into the airframe... if not they often run around like headless chickens until some get on-board.

There is a limit of how many troops each airframe will take.

Weight after load is modelled as is after an unload. :thumbup:

There may well be issues on a MP server.

They are slowly getting there... THE TRICK is to get the AI to go where you want after unload though.... At the moment it is not possible for me so I rely on CTLD where you can set a ranging distance and they attack the enemy. With the DCS option, 9/10 times they run back to where they started from, with or without waypoints.... at least with me...

Hey Gizzy,

Maybe you've tried this but you could take a look at waypoint zones in CTLD to handle routing. If you drop them off inside a properly defined wpzone (a different entity than a dropzone), the troops reliably move to the center point of that zone, engaging enemies along the way.

So I set things up where the wpzone is large enough that it is centered on where I want them to wind up, but also contains the area I want them dropped off. This has been working 100% reliably for me for routing them after dropoff with the only annoyance being that they will go on and off the roofs of buildings unpredictably as they traverse them.

They can also be picked back up again, and the process repeated in another wpzone indefinitely.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Are you talking about 2.5 version?

Yes, of course. But was the same in 1.5.8

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Thanks for coming in Fargosmile.gif

Yes CTLD Waypoint zones is one way of overcoming DCS bug of not passing group names on drop off to initiate direction triggers.

CTLD is great and we use it all the time but I do wish there was some sort of weight modelling as in the DSC 'All Descent' function of picking up and dropping off troops which IMPORTANTLY models TOTAL WEIGHT on load and unload.

But I have not yet found a way of routing troops dropped by 'All descent' - they just run back to start point... making the function pretty useless at the moment.... but hopefully DCS will link some sort of routing.

SIGBLOCK.png

Thanks for coming in Fargosmile.gif

Yes CTLD Waypoint zones is one way of overcoming DCS bug of not passing group names on drop off to initiate direction triggers.

CTLD is great and we use it all the time but I do wish there was some sort of weight modelling as in the DSC 'All Descent' function of picking up and dropping off troops which IMPORTANTLY models TOTAL WEIGHT on load and unload.

But I have not yet found a way of routing troops dropped by 'All descent' - they just run back to start point... making the function pretty useless at the moment.... but hopefully DCS will link some sort of routing.

There is a way to do this. Not with the descent menu but handling the entire thing in MOOSE. But it's tedious and requires a lot of conditions to be checked.

The group names are constant all the way through as they are managed as MOOSE objects. The weight is accurate.

What I did was put a plain tire where I wanted the troops to go to, and after verifying they are dropped off I collect the Vec2 of that tire and route the troops to that point (forgive the crappy paste-in formatting).

https://pastebin.com/MVJtre7K

It's over 200 lines of code but it does work. In retro - I could probably have used filterprefixes in a couple places and simplified it a bit. Additionally, boarding and unboarding are automatic. If you are in the zone and on the ground, they run to you and board. If you are in the intended drop zone and under the given speed they start fast roping out. They come out one at a time in a more realistic looking way.

Having to code this in great detail each time is a very heavy lift, and I join you in wishing this to just work via the default descent menu.

LMK if you want the mission. Something tells me you have all the mods. ;-)

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/