[PLEASE PROVIDE A TRACK FILE] Enemy not appearing on radar in mission editor

killerquagmire

Hey guys, I put together a mission in the editor and enemy planes will not appear on my attack radar at all. I have it set at 4 bar, 8 memory and 80 degrees. I'm flying against 3 Mig 21's with pilot abilities set to good. I'm using AWACS to put them at my nose and I'm not picking up anything. Range and altitude seems to have no bearing. I'm matching the BRA intel with my alt and range on the radar and I get nothing. This is after 10 straight attempts on this mission so I don't think it's just a matter of them evading my radar. I should also mention that I haven't experienced this issue in the pre-generated missions that came with the game. Any suggestions?

Are you starting in the air in your mission? If you cold start it might be some setting you are missing.

Do you have the antenna elevation set to any controller that might accidentally move it? Double check that the radar antenna actually moves around the zero-line when going through the bars.

Are you starting in the air in your mission? If you cold start it might be some setting you are missing.

Do you have the antenna elevation set to any controller that might accidentally move it? Double check that the radar antenna actually moves around the zero-line when going through the bars.

I think it’s something I’m missing in the mission editor. But I will confirm that by selecting a cold start, pre generated mission. As for the zero line (forgive my ignorance), where would I look to see the change?

As for the zero line (forgive my ignorance), where would I look to see the change?

On your attack radar screen there is a small caret (>) on the left edge of the 'field' that should be moving up and down slightly as the different bars are being scanned. If left alone it should be roughly in the centre, if it's significantly off to the top or bottom, there is probably something about the elevation controls.

On your attack radar screen there is a small caret (>) on the left edge of the 'field' that should be moving up and down slightly as the different bars are being scanned. If left alone it should be roughly in the centre, if it's significantly off to the top or bottom, there is probably something about the elevation controls.

That was exactly the problem. For whatever reason the dial on my throttle that controls the elevator is super sensitive. If i bump it the elevation goes either all the way up or down. i put a dead zone in the middle and that appears to help it stay centered. Unless you guys have a better suggestion?