A-10 lasing for other aircraft's guided weapons, possible?

More specifically the SU-25.

I like the 25 alot , but i feel like the approach while launching laser guided missiles is very dangerous. I like using my A-10 as a sort of UAV , staying high and dropping LGB's and employing mavericks. (Yes , yes , i know the A10 was designed to be used at low altitude).

So , would it be possible for an A-10 to lase a target that the 25's missiles can home on? I would assume it has something to do with the laser code , but i'm not really in the know as to how laser guided missiles exacly work.

Is there even a way to find out your 25's laser code?

Thanks in advance.

McBlemmen

So , would it be possible for an A-10 to lase a target that the 25's missiles can home on? I would assume it has something to do with the laser code , but i'm not really in the know as to how laser guided missiles exacly work.

Su-25 and KA-50 use beam raider ATGM missiles while the A-10C files a Laser Homing ATGM missiles.

The difference is that the laser homing missile has a sensor in front and seeks the reflection what laser emit from the surface it is "painted".

And beam raider has the sensor behind the missile and it calculates when it is steering away from the laser beam, trying to stay center of the laser beam.

Vikhr missiles would require that the beam comes behind them so they could raid along the beam.

Is there even a way to find out your 25's laser code?

Thanks in advance.

McBlemmen

What I would like to know, are the Vikhr and Skhval systems between Su-25 and KA-50 compatible. As soviet weapons do have laser homing weapons as well, so we could use KA-50 to "paint" the target while Su-25 drops the glide bombs.

Of course there are calculations required to be done before drop etc. But could be interesting to know if even possible in theory!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

AFAIK only the vikhr are beamriders, while the S-25L and Kh-25ML are "conventional" home on laser spot missiles. But as stated above the laser system are unlikely to be compatible.

As for Ka-50 lasing for Su-25, the Ka-50 has a dedicated laser spot illumination mode and IIRC you can buddy lase for another Ka-50 firing Kh-25ML missiles (although I dont think these can be employed from a Ka-50 in real life).Therefore, it should be also possible, although not necessery implimented in DCS, to lase targets for a Su-25 fired Kh-25ML from a Ka-50

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

/although I dont think these can be employed from a Ka-50 in real life).

KA-50 is capable to carry two Kh-25ML.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.