Radar Hornet, sensors and special modes

atazar

Sounds like you're running into limitations of the jet. If you're in ACM mode, indeed, SCS Aft will enter Vertical scan and that's by design. You shouldn't be looking inside the cockpit if you're close enough to use ACM modes anyway, that's the idea. You can always use STEP on the SA page to monitor a desired contact instead.

If you want to quickly leave ACM and return to RWS, press the NWS button on the stick. That should return the radar to RWS, with full functionality.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Old/known bug. If any of the A-A missile modes is stuck, switch to gun and back, this 'resets' the A-A modes fresh.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 4 weeks later...
in fact I have assigned the NWS button to return to RWS, but sometimes, not always, the radar returns to me without the option of increasing the distance or range of scan and it is in that moment when I have to change weapons.

Might this be a mapping problem? You shouldn't have to assign the "NWS" button to "Return to RWS". The NWS button functions are hard coded so it performs the appropriate function depending situation.

One the deck weight on wheels, pressing NWS changes NWS range. Inflight in in ACM Mode pressing NWS is "Undesignate" which returns the Radar to RWS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.