jackmckay

Reputation power: 3
jackmckay is on a distinguished road

Where have all bluefor players gone?
Old 06-23-2017, 12:03 PM   #2782
AbortedMan

Reputation power: 5
AbortedMan is on a distinguished road

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if they've given up due to the debating that resulted in red team getting yet again more tools to "balance" whatever it is this time the red-only players felt they needed to be competitive.

Just the other week one of the prominent blue players stated in server that "you guys are turning this into another 104th with all this complaining about changes. I'm outta here" or something to that effect. Haven't seen him since.

I'm red this round and I don't even feel like playing on BF because of the team disparity brought on by this. This slippery slope is what I was talking about, you guys.
AbortedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:13 PM   #2783
Frostie
Veteran

Reputation power: 101
Frostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to behold

It has been that way for a while, when going gets tough the Blue get gone.

Not enough camaraderie.
"FROSTIE" #55
Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10
www.51st.org

Last edited by Frostie; 06-23-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Frostie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #2784
OnlyforDCS

Reputation power: 12
OnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
I don't understand why there is such a cheat for the M2000C and it certainly shouldn't be an example for the FC3 fighters.
It's not a cheat, not really. Think about it. The M2000C is an interceptor primarily. The plane works just fine without the INS in the role most people use it online. Even if you made it a server only option, you could simply not turn it on and fly and fight (in the A2A role) just fine without it.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:30 PM   #2785
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 17
QuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
It's not a cheat, not really. Think about it. The M2000C is an interceptor primarily. The plane works just fine without the INS in the role most people use it online. Even if you made it a server only option, you could simply not turn it on and fly and fight (in the A2A role) just fine without it.
That's not what this option does. It makes your INS aligned without alignment. What you mean is something different: Taking off with a non-aligned INS.
The latter is technically possible IRL, but still operationally unrealistic because interceptors pre-align their INS, put it to standby, wait for the alert and then re-activate the INS. In case of the M2000, there is a dedicated switch for this purpose.

To make it short: That setting is a cheat, because it allows you to skip alignment and still have a aligned INS which is not possible IRL. That's the reason why FC3 fighters have to refuel.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:33 PM   #2786
OnlyforDCS

Reputation power: 12
OnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really nice

Yes it allows you to align your INS immediately so in that regard it's a cheat. Im saying, so what? If you made it a server only option, people would just fly without an aligned INS. It's not like most of us don't know the Caucassus map by now, like the back of our hand.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:36 PM   #2787
M0ltar

Reputation power: 1
M0ltar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbortedMan View Post
In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if they've given up due to the debating that resulted in red team getting yet again more tools to "balance" whatever it is this time the red-only players felt they needed to be competitive.

Just the other week one of the prominent blue players stated in server that "you guys are turning this into another 104th with all this complaining about changes. I'm outta here" or something to that effect. Haven't seen him since.

I'm red this round and I don't even feel like playing on BF because of the team disparity brought on by this. This slippery slope is what I was talking about, you guys.
Part of the imbalance could be because people wanted to fly the Flanker with DL. Its new. Give a it a few testing rounds and lets see how it shakes out. Im betting a lot of it is because it is something new and people either A) want to try it, or B) are afraid of it because they have not flown against it before in BF.

TLDR: Just give it time for testing and lets see if the players numbers balance back out.
M0ltar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:42 PM   #2788
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 17
QuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
Yes it allows you to align your INS immediately so in that regard it's a cheat. Im saying, so what? If you made it a server only option, people would just fly without an aligned INS. It's not like most of us don't know the Caucassus map by now, like the back of our hand.
Interesting. When we had the debate about turning off F10 map icons (except for GCI) to force players to actually navigate and make use of the respective nav systems of their aircraft there were two main arguments against it:
1) Proper navigation without magic F10 symbols is too difficult for most users.
2) It makes teamplay and coordination difficult.

What you just said means that #1 was actually not an issue. I wonder why so many people have mentioned it then.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is online now   Reply With Quote