PicksKing Modded Texture Compilation PMTC V2.2

Hi all,

it might be a bit late to publish another texture mod, because in a few month the T4 caucasus will be released. But I thought these few month are enough to try out some other textures.

Like my previous mod, the vast majority of the used files were not made by me. I put textures from Starway, Barthek and Mustang together and made them fit. In some cases Starways mod is better than Bartheks and in some other cases its vice versa and so on. Thats why I thought why not get the best of each and combine them. So if you like it, visit Starway, Barthek and Mustang to give them thanks. They made the larger amount of work. Thats for sure.

Only a few fields are entirely made by me.

---UPDATE V2.3---

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9RdWGsELsUHYlp1WllkaGtNWUk?resourcekey=0-9GcKWP_7SjwRr_WiqjmV7Q&usp=sharing

---Version 2.2---

---Download---

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9RdWGsELsUHeTFaSEdidTZGcVk

---Install---

Download all four archives and unpack the first into the main folder of DCS World.

Archive 2 - 4 will be unpacked automatically into the same destination folder.

For using JSGME, create a folder inside of your JSGME mod folder, like:

"...\JSGME\JSGME mod folder\PMTC Ver2.2\..." and unpack the archive into it instead into the main folder.

---Note---

I can't assess any cross reaction with other mods, especially graphic mods and adjustments!!! I only recommend to try it with the cloud mod of mustang. Its just awesome.

If you have problems with the trees then keep all files in

"c:\...\DCS World\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\Structures\High\E DM"

as original. The easiest way to do so:

1 restore the original files via repair or deactivate the mod via JSGME or whatever you use.

2 unpack the mod somewhere else. Not into the main folder.

3 get into this folder, navigate to "Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase" and delete the folder named "structures"

4 copy over the remaining files into the main folder.

Now you should have tree shadows again and the trees look a little strange with their color and brightness fluctuation, as the originals do look. But no more problems with missing trees.

I cant do anything more because I am not a programmer. Seems like everything else is up to 2.5. Lets hope it will come soon as possible.

Spring

picture.php?albumid=1269&pictureid=8312

picture.php?albumid=1269&pictureid=8313

Summer

picture.php?albumid=1269&pictureid=8317

picture.php?albumid=1269&pictureid=8316

Autumn

picture.php?albumid=1269&pictureid=8320

picture.php?albumid=1269&pictureid=8318

Winter

picture.php?albumid=1269&pictureid=8322

picture.php?albumid=1269&pictureid=8321

Mountain

picture.php?albumid=1269&pictureid=8325

picture.php?albumid=1269&pictureid=8323

picture.php?albumid=1269&pictureid=8324

Edited by PicksKing
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Downloading now...anxious to test it

It Has been a wish of many simmers here that a combination mod of the top 3 textures mod would be made.

Days & Screenshots will tell if this one will be the top mod used for caucasus terrain map

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Pretty sure all 3 of those guys have a free ware no re-distribute line in their work...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Pretty sure all 3 of those guys have a free ware no re-distribute line in their work...

Didnt find anything about it on starways side. The version of mustangs mod, that I used had stuff from other guys as well and a few month ago I asked Barthek personally for permission of using his files as long as I mention him. Couldnt find any conflicts. But if this is a problem for any reaseon, somebody should delete this thread. Anyway I just did it for me and some friends, who liked it, like I do. Just thought, why not share it with anybody.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Hello PicksKing,

I use your first version and for me it's the best textures for my DCS.

Great compilation !

Nice compilation. The clouds shadow mod of Mustang is still working with 15.4? I had the impression is not anymore.

If you want you can try the new GME software made by sedenion here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171956

You could update the mod with it too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Nice compilation. The clouds shadow mod of Mustang is still working with 15.4? I had the impression is not anymore.

If you want you can try the new GME software made by sedenion here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171956

You could update the mod with it too.

I didnt use any cloud shadow mods. In the description I recommended the cloud mod itself, made by Mustang. This bases on the new cloud engine, which is not activated yet. You can find it here in Mustangs signature

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=167699&page=10

I wonder if we will have the new clouds in 2.5...

The GME software sounds interessting. I will have a look on it later.

Edited by PicksKing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi PicksKing,

Thanks for this new Mod, I've tested these new textures but for me I prefer your first Mod, today I continue to use your first Mod. In fact but maybe I'm the only but I don't like the Mod of Starway.

Thanks again, Skull.

Thanks for your work again.

BTW, is it compatible with mustang tree shadow mod ? because they use same files ?

Thanks

The tree shadow mod is already inside the package.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great job combining the two mods! Looks perfect. Thank you sir.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

Iv been using this Mod for a while now. I love it, Thank You PicksKing.:thumbup:

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

Great mod, This is my official one for the Caucasus:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

• 2 months later...

does this include starway's mountain shadow texturing? whatever he did in his most recent version makes distant mountains look incredibly real. just curious before i download

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules