Mission 14 "Aurora" - bugs

SVK_UVi

There are some bugs in this nice mission. The enemy troops spawned on the second and third roof is impossible to kill. They are imortal. Sometimes die only one of the guys with RPG, but the other can not be killed with weapons. When I killed them with body of my helicopter, the mortar grup respond and mission continue, but my heli is almost destroyed... Please repare it!

Screen_160412_000555.thumb.jpg.0d392a96554b447df1ff7ee88283d813.jpg

Screen_160412_002400.thumb.jpg.4d7cd3517b099f2b328700934474329f.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've met this issue too. Remember Highlander : the only way to kill an immortal is to cut off his head. ;) It works.

Another more annoying bug: with 1.5.3, when those guys are dead, the allied convoy refuses to move. It's because the script uses the GROUP AI OFF action: it somehow deactivates the group and makes it impossible to wake up, even when using the GROUP AI ON action.

Therefore, I simply edited mission 14's scripts :

Band ZU-23 event : GROUP AI OFF replaced by GROUP STOP

Grand x + event : GROUP AI ON replaced by GROUP RESUME

Worked for me! :)

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 6/9/2016 at 5:00 PM, Flappie said:

Therefore, I simply edited mission 14's scripts :

It's quite sad that 5 years after this post, this trigger change still didn't make it into an official patch so people still have to do this manually.

I have tried this mission 9x in a row now, failing each time: either the trigger is bugged, the convoy is bugged (the IFVs move but the M818s don't feel like going anywhere), or I get sniped by AAA parked somewhere on the other side of the solar system... Needless to say, this is beyond frustrating...
I'll try 1 more time, with the trigger edited and my helo set to immortal, but seriously this shouldn't be necessary...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

On 4/12/2016 at 1:07 AM, SVK_UVi said:

The enemy troops spawned on the second and third roof is impossible to kill. They are imortal.

This particular bug is also still present: they are not exactly immortal but door gunners will refuse to fire on them. I managed to take them out by flying back to base (twice) to load up with rockets.

Also, the units on the "tall building on the right" were not on the rooftop: they jumped off and were standing on ground level right next to the building: in-between the wall and a tree. Good luck spotting those in VR... Anyway, a few rockets took care of those...

I managed to complete the mission...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset