Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

The Viggen is a blue aircraft through and through

Sweden isn't a NATO member though :thumbup:

Could work it into the backstory of the scenario why there are red Viggens too, alternate reality where it took off on the export market? Sweden fell in the opening days of the war and the VVS pressed it's materiel into service?

LN said there's non Viggen operator nation liveries coming so the possibilities are as wide as the mission maker's imagination!

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would much rather have su-33 vs viggen tbh.

Viggen is not a very capable CAS aircraft either tbh. Yeah, sure, its fast but the way you can aqire targets with a su-25t or A10C is much better.

Well, yes. But at the moment Blue Flag is biased toward CAS missions. The only strategic targets are at airbases and they are very small and very well defended but the majority of the ground targets are of the low-value and/or air defences variety.

I can however see that the Viggen + Mavericks can be used for taking out some of the more dangerous SAMs at bases and FARPs though. Just its speed alone will make it way more survivable in a high threat environment.

Well, yes. But at the moment Blue Flag is biased toward CAS missions. The only strategic targets are at airbases and they are very small and very well defended but the majority of the ground targets are of the low-value and/or air defences variety.

I can however see that the Viggen + Mavericks can be used for taking out some of the more dangerous SAMs at bases and FARPs though. Just its speed alone will make it way more survivable in a high threat environment.

Not just Blue Flag is biased towards CAS missions. The entire DCS community is somehow biased towards CAS. I guess it's only logical given the types of aircraft available so far. It's even more so in MP, becasue it lacks a planning framework, needed for strike missions.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Not just Blue Flag is biased towards CAS missions. The entire DCS community is somehow biased towards CAS. I guess it's only logical given the types of aircraft available so far. It's even more so in MP, becasue it lacks a planning framework, needed for strike missions.

It really seems that way. A pity. Gets boring shooting down Su27s with the Mirage all the time. Wish I had something exciting to bomb.

Viggen is not a SEAD aircraft. Everything the viggen can do the SU-25T and the A10C can do better. Exception might be ship defence but thats it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Viggen is not a SEAD aircraft. Everything the viggen can do the SU-25T and the A10C can do better. Exception might be ship defence but thats it.

Ship defence? More like ship attack! ;)

But it's not just anti-shipping that the Viggen can do better. The other speciality of the Viggen which neither the Su-25 nor the A-10 are capable of is the fine art of air interdiction (AI) and pinpoint strikes in general.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

But it's not just anti-shipping that the Viggen can do better. The other speciality of the Viggen which neither the Su-25 nor the A-10 are capable of is the fine art of air interdiction (AI) and pinpoint strikes in general.

I'd say that Blue Flag is currently Tactical Interdiction. Basically closing runways.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

BLueflag is strike missions, you have the coordinates to all tgts thanks to the website or app. Your not doing cas your striking tgts. So i see the viggen being very useful as along as the bk-90 are allowed....

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

The Su-25T and A-10C are terribly slow compared to the Viggen, the Viggen would be much better than those 2 at OCA strikes, which seems to be the brunt of A2G operations in the scope of Blue Flag.

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Update on the AI intercepts -

The issue is due to a new bug introduced by one of the latest patches from ED.

getting group information for dynamically spawned units is not possible in multiplayer, waiting for a fix by ED, hopefully in the near future.. if not we will look to revise.

Why are we now getting kicked out of our slot everytime we die? (We REALLY DON'T need that extra punishment!) -.- Hasn't been like this before...

This is REALLY RUINING the fun!!!

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Why don't you use your own forums buddyspike team? Here you have like two topics filled with unorganized stuff vs your own. I'm asking because it looks like you check these more frequently. Best would be to redirect people there in my opinion or ask for a sub-forum here if possible(and close the other one).

Might sound offensive but I don't want to be :) "sorry for my english"

Why don't you use your own forums buddyspike team?

Probably because the people are here ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Are helo dropped EWR stations even working?

Most of the time when I join as a GCI and a helo deploys an EWR, there is almost no improvement of the radar picture even if I switch slots and all the other voodoo magic required.

Can an admin look into it perhaps? Thank you in advance.

Edited by levanoga

Check out what happened yesterday... :D https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3033618#post3033618

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Is Simple Radio Still used?

What is the IP port? I understood that you have 3 ports now? Which is which?

Thank you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Is Simple Radio Still used?

What is the IP port? I understood that you have 3 ports now? Which is which?

Thank you!

I'm going to make a wild guess here and say it's the one on the website :smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy