Bugs and problems

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot, hope everything else is OK!

Mission 3 Uzi (the downed chopper segment) will not trigger/respond. Tried it 4x. Radio is on frequency 128 in manual T/R mode. Also tried powering off and on the radio after changing the frequency and doing another Steam game cache validation with no luck. Best i could get is for Uzi to release green smoke and for the battle on the tree line to commence...but with no voice overs or comms from Uzi.

Edited by dadunn1700

Thanks I thought I fixed that for the last patch, there was a problem with Mi-8 new damage model. I can't check it now for the next week as I am away from my gaming rig for Xmas but will think of something.

No problem. Relax and enjoy the holidays.

Really looking forward to the new campaigns you guys are working on.

Edited by dadunn1700

JTAC will not respond at the "ready to copy remarks" dialogue point. I've communicated via check in and then the "Line is as follows...1,2,3, NA...etc. Also tried checking out and checking back in with the JTAC to see if it miraculously fixes anything...but it hasn't. Noticed this in the earlier missions and thought it might have been a fluke. But it's happening every time.

I had this issue in the 1st mission of GA Hammer as well. Not just Enemy Within. Just wondering if anybody has experienced this problem and knows how to fix it.

I've uploaded my track file below for mission 12 of "Enemy Within" which includes interacting with a JTAC (callsign "Pointer")

Track File.zip

Edited by dadunn1700

• 3 weeks later...

Edit: Forgot to add. I tried this on latest of Open Beta and latest of 1.5 Stable. The issue occurs in both versions.

I'm playing TEW right now and I've made it to Mission 05 thus far. The one with the downed helo callsign UZI did not have any audio for the helo crew on the ground and they did not respond or "pop smoke" when asked. I completed the mission with a mission success note. I'm pretty sure my radios were on correctly. Not using Easy Communications.

In Mission 05: OP Hammerfall Patrol I'm running into an issue where once I start CAS I take out the two buildings that have insurgents in them. Take out the APC and Anti Air. Take out the Mortars... then nothing. Silence.

There is one truck to the North of the long building on the West side of the road. It is invulnerable... tried everything to blow it up... it won't.

I did see a mention earlier in this thread or another DCS bug thread that you had fixed the "immortal truck issue"... not sure if this is the same issue you are refering to, but this truck won't die.

I thought that maybe the trigger may not set off to play the audio and send in Pontiac CAS helos to relieve my flight unless the truck is destroyed... I'm not too sure how the scripting/editor works for DCS. I'm just thinking how it might work in Arma or something, lol.

Two images:

Truck in red circle with two destroyed buildings in boxes.

TEW_M05_Truck_Bug_01_zpsiazfe4pj.jpg

Close view of truck through TGP with GAU-8 round impacts all over the place... that thing should be super destroyed.

TEW_M05_Truck_Bug_02_zpskpuor0h2.jpg

Edited by prionic1

Hey!

I just opened the mission to check the triggers - there are three enemy houses (the one that is still standing in your photo should be destroyed as well) - when you do that all should work fine!

Oh ok, thanks for taking a look! I'll give that a go. I didn't see any enemy fire coming from that building and with the two destroyed as in my photo, the fire fight stops...

I'll report back when I get an opportunity to try it out.

Thanks again.

You were right... I have to read/listen to directions... Echo 2 definitely says the three buildings are occupied in the radio message as well as the on screen text/subtitles... :/

Worked as expected when I follow directions. Would be nice if there were some fire fighting going on from each buildings until each building was destroyed.

Awesome work though!!!! I'm loving it so far.

I tried to set it up (hence the problem with invincible truck) - with the ammo truck they are shooting longer, but there is confusion why the truck can't be killed. If the truck is killed, then they stop shooting after some time. An "unlimited ammo" tickbox for ground units would really be welcome. Glad you like it!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Baltic,

I've tried playing mission 12 both last night and tonight and it seems of the older problems are still present for me.

It all seem's to go wrong when the JTAC fail to respond to my 'ready to copy remarks' call. I destroyed their target (MANPAD), they told me there was another target but wouldn't send details of it (I know the JTAC is outside of your control but adding this for context). Once I'd destroyed all the AA threats I could find I turned to the roadblock. A few passes later Pointer popped up and told me target destroyed (once I'd nailed part of the roadblock) and told me to depart. I returned to the IP and ordered Anvil inbound. They proceeded but I had no reply. As they approached I noticed new targets in the village, (a ZSU and 2x trucks). I took these out and Anvil dealt with the infantry. When the fighting stopped (quite quickly) 3/4 Anvil APC's were alive in the town. I waited 5 mins with no call from Anvil so cleared Uzi in for extraction of the ground forces. Uzi landed on the road and nothing happened from there. I orbited for 30 more mins before giving up and landing, with no debrief etc (which I expected at this point).

I tried again tonight and a similar story occurred, scripted comms seem to go blank after/during contact with Pointer, who (thanks to DCS) aren't much help themselves.

Apologies for the essay but hopefully there's plenty of detail in there for you or someone else to point out if/where I'm going wrong. Apart from this, this is the first major issue I've had with the campaign which I'm enjoying thoroughly!

Thanks,

Dec

Thanks Dec, can't check the mission as I am away from home till Saturday, perhaps somebody else can find what went wrong. Normally Anvil should send the troops into the compound and you should hear the radio messages reporting that... and only when you get the message that they have successfully finished their mission, you should call Uzi for extraction.

As I've said, I will try to fly it at the end of the week, unless somebody can help beforehand.

• 1 month later...

I'd also like to chime in with the JTAC troubles. Hammerfall 3: nothing after 'Ready to copy remarks', Storm before the calm: no reponse at all, had to use the all-seeing wingman cheat to find the targets. After killing them JTAC suddenly woke up and told me 'Targets destroyed, you may depart.' ;)

I'm ok with that since this is an older campaign on an ever evolving platform, but since ED doesn't seem to be able to make the JTAC function reliable I hope you find a better way not dependent on this in future projects of yours. (Piercing Fury for example doesn't use the built in JTAC at all and it works great.) :thumbup:

Other than that I'm having great fun with the campaign, thanks for all the work and continuing support you put into this. :joystick:

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Thanks spiddx, when updating the campaign once new Caucasus map is out (no point in doing it earlier as no matter what I do now I am sure there will be a lot of changes to be made with a new map) I will check if JTAC gets fixed and if not - I will remove it altogether and swap it with VOs!

Playing Missions 4 & 5 I am not getting any messages from Overlord. I can hear the Dodge1-1 outgoing messages from my character, but it's a very 1 sided conversation. I can hear the conversation with Dodge1-2.

Based on the first sentence of your original post, it's probably most likely I am doing something wrong.

1. as part of realism setting, I am using "radio transmit" instead of "message to.." system within the missions. The difference is that unless you don't have your radio tuned in to correct frequency (and you are in range, which is important in some of the missions), you won't hear your orders!

I am setting my top comms panel to 132.00 AM for ATC and the bottom comms panel to 32.00FM for Overlord. Left UHF at 251.00. Screenshot from mission 5:http://imgur.com/a/GemRU

I admittedly am not all that familiar with exactly how the radios work so hopefully I am just messing up the configuration and it's not really a bug.

Thanks, the campaign has been awesome so far!

Edit: Yup, me doing something wrong confirmed. I had the radios in EMERG AM & EMERG FM instead of MAN. Read the manual and the bugs went away!! ;)

Edited by WisMan
  • Like 1

OK, cool, I just fired up my google drive (not at home) to check the frequencies etc.

I know that proper radio procedures can cause trouble and can be pretty demanding, but that is what I really like about it. Enjoy the rest of the campaign and please share your thoughts after you finish it!

• Like 1

Managed to finish mission 12. Jtac stopped communicating properly after the first 9-line, but I destroyed the AA, the road block, some incoming trucks from the north. Helo came in and extracted, diverted back to Kobuleti, mission success.

Glad it worked! i will have to do something with these JTACS when updating the campaign for 2.5 - unlesd they will work by then :)

JTACs are so integral for the A-10C, I really hope this sits high on ED's list of priorities.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure what is the problem. They work fine for the new missions I am working on for A-10 (BTW Yurgon, back on track with Crimson Dawn, missions 7-9 in the making if you're interested in testing) :)

So perhaps it will be possible to fix after 2.5 is out by just replacing JtAC units with the new ones.

Not sure what is the problem. They work fine for the new missions I am working on for A-10 (BTW Yurgon, back on track with Crimson Dawn, missions 7-9 in the making if you're interested in testing) :)

Sure thing! :thumbup: