Removing night overlay

unipus

I'm trying to record some video, and noticing that there's some sort of vignette filter applied over the image in dark/low light conditions. The problem is that filter seems to be low-bit so there's really obvious gradations that are frankly kinda killing my video buzz.

Anyone know how to disable or alter this effect?

• 4 weeks later...

There is no overlay. It's how it looks when the light dims out. It's like an artefact of compression... like instead of 8bpp it shows less... 6 or even less.

Try putting one single plane on a mission on an empty airfield (Anapa is a good one) and then just accelerate time really really much and watch the night setting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

It's like an artefact of compression... like instead of 8bpp it shows less... 6 or even less.

That's what I think it is also, I think game is not running full 32bit color, I even reported it long time ago but nothing ever came out of it.

No longer active in DCS...

I deal with banding issues in my job as well (VFX and design, among other things) and the usual solution is to add a very small amount of noise. Not sure if that would work within engine.

I will try to take a screenshot very soon and post just so we're all definitely on the same page.

Night vision goggle effects show the banding at it's worst, it looked much much better in older DX9 engine.

P.S: I already made a bug report for this a long time ago, but it's never been looked at (Mantis: 32454)

DX11.thumb.jpg.f5ab74708cc1b711bb5bcaac4b86bab2.jpg

DX9.thumb.jpg.997d4bf5048a5e86fbb3ebaa1ca64016.jpg

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 1