Alerax's LSO AI Script

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Version Changelogs:

v1.9.2 // 10.08.2018

- Tweaked LSO AI Grading logic to consider slamming on deck and trapping as Cut Pass.

- Updated example mission with reduced static objects on board and place player's aircraft starting position 7.5NM behind Carrier at 2,000ft to enter pattern.

v1.9.1 // 10.08.2018

- Released to Public.

Edited by Alerax

Thats really awesome. thank you alot

Now i can sleep in on sundays, as im the LSO on the Sunday Carrier Training Days.

I would like to ask if it is possible to broadcast the audio via the stennis radio freq? ie:127.500

That would really make it more immersive for the guys not flying a hornet wouldnt hear the LSO,wich would make sense.

Cheers Evilfisher

Edited by Evilfisher

Good job, but ...

I can not make it work.

1. I tried the mission that you have as an example and it did not work.

2. I added a CONDITION that will not be true, and it did not work

3, I read the script, which states: [switch Condition -> No Condition -> Sound to All (for each individual sound file)], and delete the condition not true ... and not work also.

I regret not being able to prove it, because it seems like a magnificent job. I hope

Can you tell me if there is something I am not doing correctly

Thank you very much

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Thats really awesome. thank you alot

Now i can sleep in on sundays, as im the LSO on the Sunday Carrier Training Days.

I would like to ask if it is possible to broadcast the audio via the stennis radio freq? ie:127.500

That would really make it more immersive for the guys not fling a hornet wouldnt here the lso,wich would make sense.

Cheers Evilfisher

Hi Evilfisher - yes, the broadcast is only on the Carrier Frequency. You can set the Carrier Frequency to whichever one you like in the Mission Editor and the LSO AI Script will broadcast on the selected frequency.

Good job, but ...

I can not make it work.

1. I tried the mission that you have as an example and it did not work.

2. I added a CONDITION that will not be true, and it did not work

3, I read the script, which states: [switch Condition -> No Condition -> Sound to All (for each individual sound file)], and delete the condition not true ... and not work also.

I regret not being able to prove it, because it seems like a magnificent job. I hope

Can you tell me if there is something I am not doing correctly

Thank you very much

Hi Colmillo- Can you check if you have done the following:

1) initiate pattern by flying on the right side of the Carrier at 800-1000ft at 350 knts

2) then initiate the break and maintain 1.1-1.5NM abeam the Carrier

3) do not initiate final turn until you are slightly behind Carrier

Let me know if it still doesn't work.

Roger, I will do that and I 'll tell you how its goes.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, now I can hear the LSO, but I have 2 questions:

1. It is necessary select the type of recovery before? (I mean CASE I or III)

2. The grading report Summary shows this:

010 - (my callsign) \\LIG WOP

010 - (my callsign) \\WOP TCA

What is that?

Thank you again

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F10->Carrier Menu->F1->F1 = Checks Carrier information such as Frequency, Tacan, ICLS, Heading (True)

Is this referring to BRC? If so, would it be possible to add final bearing aswell? Need for case 3 i guess anyway, so assuming it something youve already thought about.

Alerax

Is it possible for either you or your girlfriend to do a how to video in YouTube as to setting up your mod, especially the trigger thing. I am not familiar with the ME.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Colmillo - Glad to hear that it works. Answers to your questions:

1. No need to. The script automatically selects Case I recovery at the start

2. LIG WOP = Long in the Groove, Wave-Off Pattern; WOP TCA = Wave-Off Pattern, Too Close Abeam

Seeing that, I'll edit the code tonight to keep the WOP call outs the same (i.e., change LIG WOP to WOP LIG).

Edited by Alerax

Shadow.D. - Yes I can add the Final Bearing call out as well. However, I suggest you try the Case III procedure as well. To pick the Case III recovery, go to F10 -> Carrier Menu -> F2 -> F2. Once you break the Platform (5,000 ft radar), then the Carrier will call out final bearing which is runway offset heading.

Note that Case III is still work in progress, so any feedbacks are welcome.

Edited by Alerax

2. The grading report Summary shows this:

010 - (my callsign) \\LIG WOP

010 - (my callsign) \\WOP TCA

What is that?

LIG = Long in the grove

WOP = Waveoff pattern

TCA = Too close abeam

Use google to find the natops Landing Signal Officer manual (LSO-NATOPS-MAY09.pdf) example records and the codes are in Chapter 11, Pilot Performance Records.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Alerax

Is it possible for either you or your girlfriend to do a how to video in YouTube as to setting up your mod, especially the trigger thing. I am not familiar with the ME.

Sobe - Will consider doing a youtube, or a more detailed installation instruction. For the time being, I'd suggest you check out the sample mission file attached.

what should i do to use the example mission?

Or is everything in the mission file (luia and sounds) and i just need download and start?

Sorry im not very familiar with modding missions. I just want to try it out.

I just need a tutorial for "try the example mission for dummies" please :)

what should i do to use the example mission?

Or is everything in the mission file (luia and sounds) and i just need download and start?

Sorry im not very familiar with modding missions. I just want to try it out.

I just need a tutorial for "try the example mission for dummies" please :)

Larkis - good point, will add to the explanation. For now, load the example mission and start your procedure. You'll have to ensure that you initiate the LSO AI Script by following the pattern (fly on the right side of the Carrier at 350 knts and under 1,000 ft) then do the overhead break, then the 180 turn to final. That's it!

Alerax, quick question cause this is awesome, but can it handle a carrier that changes course? My group uses a script to turn the carrier into the wind and dynamically set the BRC based on what the local wind conditions are, can this script handle that? Also can it be used with two separate carriers at once?

Alerax, quick question cause this is awesome, but can it handle a carrier that changes course? My group uses a script to turn the carrier into the wind and dynamically set the BRC based on what the local wind conditions are, can this script handle that? Also can it be used with two separate carriers at once?

KlarSnow-

Yes, the LSO AI Script can handle Carrier course changes. This means that 1) you can set whatever Carrier course you like and 2) if the Carrier changes direction during the mission, all the calls will still be valid.

I actually haven't tried to use two Carriers before. I would imagine that you can do so, just by loading up two script files and in each file, change the Carrier name in both the LSO AI Script and Mission Editor (e.g., "Stennis_AI" to "Stennis_AI01" for one and "Stennis_AI02" for another). Try it and let me know. Good luck!

Hi Alerax,

Awesome, thanks for getting this started, I look forward to trying this out.

Are you familiar with Serge's vLSO program for FSX and P3D? See here https://vlso.blogspot.com/

This was the holy grail for us flying on those platforms, and it looks like you are getting this started in DCS, thanks!

I worked with Serge on getting multiple real world LSO audio clips, and have hundreds of wav files that I can send you if you want, it helps mix up the calls so it doesn't always sound like the same "right for lineup" or "power" for example.

Bravo Zulu!

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25