TM T-Rudder Pedal Saturation?

sobe

I am using the $79 TM Rudder Pedals and find that the rudders "stick" a little bit so I end up pushing them to much and go off path.

I am thinking of using a saturation of less than 100. What do others use for a saturation on the TM pedals? Any curves?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I have the same issue. I haven’t solved it but I have made it better

-Loosen the clamps under the pedals a couple of turns of the screw so they feel a little wobbly

-remove the heel rests and try and let your feet rest on the floor so that there is less weight on the pedals (more weight=more stiction)

-use a free program called “joystick gremlin” to adjust curves. I don’t know why but for some reason it works better than the in game adjustment and then it adds a curve to the pedals for all flight sims

-Next up I’m gonna try some Nyogel 767a as I’ve heard good things about it. All the greases and lubes I’ve tried haven’t helped but that stuff is made for this kind of thing. Look it up. You can get it off amazon for about $10-$15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ricktoberfest

I am glad to see that I was not crazy. I started to follow your suggestions:

I removed the heel claps and so far this is not comfortable, but will continue with them like that for a while.

When you stated: Loosen the clamps under the pedals a couple of turns of the screw so they feel a little wobbly which screws are you referring to? The ones under the pedals? Why those for the rudder issue?

I have some M-kote EM-30L synthetic polyolefin grease that I may try if I knew where to put it.

After reading some posts on this forum, in the game I set a DZ of 1 and a saturation of 20 and that seems to work nicely for the rudder.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

ricktoberfest

I am glad to see that I was not crazy. I started to follow your suggestions:

I removed the heel claps and so far this is not comfortable, but will continue with them like that for a while.

When you stated: Loosen the clamps under the pedals a couple of turns of the screw so they feel a little wobbly which screws are you referring to? The ones under the pedals? Why those for the rudder issue?

I have some M-kote EM-30L synthetic polyolefin grease that I may try if I knew where to put it.

After reading some posts on this forum, in the game I set a DZ of 1 and a saturation of 20 and that seems to work nicely for the rudder.

There are 3 clamps on the bottom of each pedal that hold them to the metal rail. Each clamp has 2 small screws. On my rudders, loosening these screws means the clamps aren’t quite so tight to the rail which lets them move easier. There is still stiction, but less.

There is apparently something about the nyogel 767a that makes it special. It’s a damping grease which means that it actually slows down the rudders movement which makes it less “jerky”. You would put any grease or lubricant on the metal rails underneath, but be warned that it also attracts fur if you have pets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...

I got here via search when I decided to try some saturation for pedals with Su-25T (will see about other planes). My reasoning is that even with a curve even hardly noticeable moves with feet are quite noticeable in-game, especially on the runway. I'm still not settled about the saturation, so I guess it's personal. I'm not sure I need 100% rudder with this  plane during flight anyway (but I can be mistaken).

There is another phenomena with these pedals though - I don't know whether it's the pedals or DCS, but when I start playing I just pause the game and move pedals left/right from one extreme to the other because the first moves are extreme. It goes to 100% in-game when I'm far from the end of the rails. Perhaps it's some calibration thing, but I always do this before playing for real. The effect is clearly visible with control indicators and also in axis assignment, it is kinda over-saturated at first.

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2022 at 11:44 PM, virgo47 said:

I got here via search when I decided to try some saturation for pedals with Su-25T (will see about other planes). My reasoning is that even with a curve even hardly noticeable moves with feet are quite noticeable in-game, especially on the runway. I'm still not settled about the saturation, so I guess it's personal. I'm not sure I need 100% rudder with this  plane during flight anyway (but I can be mistaken).

There is another phenomena with these pedals though - I don't know whether it's the pedals or DCS, but when I start playing I just pause the game and move pedals left/right from one extreme to the other because the first moves are extreme. It goes to 100% in-game when I'm far from the end of the rails. Perhaps it's some calibration thing, but I always do this before playing for real. The effect is clearly visible with control indicators and also in axis assignment, it is kinda over-saturated at first.

1. I never changed anything but curved for the Su-25T, when I used mine. But YMMV. 😊 

2. You mean if you airstart and they are fully deflected to left or similar?

A. Turns of sync with HOTAS at mission start under general settings. 

B. Clean out ALL axis columns in the control settings, and start over. For me it seems my TM Cougars are recognised as having some hidden axis. Go figure. 😊 

1. I'm still not sure about saturation, it may be dead-end experiment, currently I'm flying L-39C, so I have no conclusion on it. Perhaps I'll need 100% saturation at least for taxiing. It might have been a stupid idea.

The "phenomena" I mentioned is not about sync of HOTAS - which I actually like - it seems to be some auto-calibration process during the first few moves. It's like the pedals are overly sensitive and saturated way before you reach any of the sides. But after a few moves, they calibrate somehow and try to cover the whole distance properly (still too sensitive in the center for my taste, but that is another problem). These first few moments may cause feeling of over-saturation.

In order to fix this calibration issue, I pause the game, go full left-right on the pedals couple of times, and it fixes it. I don't use any TM software, only the default Windows 11 drivers, I don't know whether that would fix it, but at this moment this is fine with me. It's just the thing I have to do when I start the game/the first flight. It's OK.

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube