Carrier Ops for the newbie

ruddy122

If you are new or an old hat here is some “gouge” that may help

1. Put the Kutz with some speed I use 53 KMH to land

2. Speedbrake out on final is your friend. As you become more advanced you can retract it if you want.

3. 89% on the RPM is a good wag on final

4. 300 KMH or below is good for carrier landing

5. Aim point is the ILS data at 310 KMH and the last of HUD and the OLS you can see below 310

Hope this helps

Lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

Carrier Ops for the newbie

Also shoot for 3 or 4 m/s as ideal. 5 m/s vvi is pushing it and more than 5 m/s you run the risk of the boat or Sea Flanker mad at you.

Hope this helps

Lucky

Edited by ruddy122

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

• 1 month later...

Hat Tip to Coxy 99

310 or below KMH is fast but there is a way to go slower

There is a key binding to get 100% flaps

To me it’s Lshift+F to get Landing Flaps

Once you get Full Flaps try260 KMH to land

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

If you want to get a bit of "easy mode" in carrier landings, either because you're just starting and practicing or when you've had a long mission and you don't want to mess it up:

Learn to use the autothrottle.

Seriously, that feature is there for this exact reason and it's amazing. Set speed to 260, focus on AoA and follow the circles. Your workload is magically halved. If you need to adjust glidepath, nudge the speed setting up or down to 270 or 250, then back to 260 when you're on slope.

Please don't land at 300km/h your landing gear won't be happy. I've slammed this plane down at some ridiculous speeds and angles and there don't seem to be too many instant consequences, but it's not "right".

For flaps, I used to get this wrong but now I'm pretty sure "flaps down" and "landing flaps" do the same thing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please, but here's my understanding:

The flaps on this bird are semi-automatic. The only thing "up" and "down" does it basically tells the computer what the default should be, from which it adjusts automatically. So "down" should use 100% as you slow down, without you having to manually select landing. There's no separate cockpit indicator for it anyway.

Edited by VC

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4