Birko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elefant1301 View Post
Here you are.
Thank you!
Old 02-11-2019, 04:30 PM   #62
Koriel

Errata:

In the engine start procedure after you have started #2 item 12 specifies to disconnect external power. On line 16 it tells you to repeat steps 7-12 for #1 engine. item 12 is superfluous as you have already disconnected external power.

For both Pilot and RIO. item 1 Oxygen test: According to the checklist it's left OFF. I would assume that after the test it should be turned on again.

Last edited by Koriel; 02-11-2019 at 04:36 PM.
Koriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:48 PM   #63
Essah

Missing reference link in the "Air Source and Cockpit Air Controls" section http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/ge...t-air-controls

Quote:
ref:gvalve for the pilot and ref:rgvalve for the
Missing s in the word Display in this section http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/general.html#tactical-information-display-tid-and-associated-controls
TID Control Panel subsection 2nd paragraph
as well as in AN/ALR-67 RWR Section
http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/general.html#an-alr-67-rwr

Last edited by Essah; 02-11-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Essah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:14 PM   #64
Naquaii

Thanks for all the help in spotting errors and typos guys!

I'll be updating the manual with those found next time I upload.
Feel free to keep posting any errors found here or by DM to me.
Naquaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:28 PM   #65
Top Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naquaii View Post
Thanks for all the help in spotting errors and typos guys!

I'll be updating the manual with those found next time I upload.
Feel free to keep posting any errors found here or by DM to me.
Confusing sentence / repeated words at: " Television Camera Set (TCS) " - 3rd. paragraph :

" The TCS is controlled by the RIO using the sensor control panel, DDD, TID and the HCU and video from the sensor can be displayed on the TID and the VDI in the front seat.
The video can be recorded using the airborne video tape recorder for later review. (Not currently implemented in DCS.) "

I believe it would be easier to understand this way :

" The TCS is controlled by the RIO using the sensor control panel, DDD, TID and the HCU. The video from the sensor can be displayed on the TID and the VDI in the front seat.
It can also be recorded, using the airborne video tape recorder for later review. (Not currently implemented in DCS.) "
HDD: WD 500 GB ( 7.200 rpm )
MoBo: ASRock H81 Pro BTC
Op. Sys: Win 7, 64 bit

FC3 , MiG-21Bis , F/A-18C
Top Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:50 PM   #66
Bad Idea Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory205 View Post
It’s pretty easy to print to pdf if you want to grab a section or two to take with you in those instances. Even iOS devices make that a snap.

So heartwarming to see so many excited about reading their manuals...

It's all most of us have. Besides, the format is much, much better than reading the NATOPS manuals (and this is distilled down to what we need to know for DCS).

I can't get over how complex the back seat is. Could be that I've seen the majority of the front seat done up (with the exception of weapons, mainly). I'm going to have to ease into the back with a full tank of gas, the AI AP flying straight and level, and a lot of free time.
Bad Idea Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:19 PM   #67
Naquaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jockey View Post
Confusing sentence / repeated words at: " Television Camera Set (TCS) " - 3rd. paragraph :

" The TCS is controlled by the RIO using the sensor control panel, DDD, TID and the HCU and video from the sensor can be displayed on the TID and the VDI in the front seat.
The video can be recorded using the airborne video tape recorder for later review. (Not currently implemented in DCS.) "

I believe it would be easier to understand this way :

" The TCS is controlled by the RIO using the sensor control panel, DDD, TID and the HCU. The video from the sensor can be displayed on the TID and the VDI in the front seat.
It can also be recorded, using the airborne video tape recorder for later review. (Not currently implemented in DCS.) "
Thx!
Old 02-11-2019, 07:37 PM   #68
Essah

the Threat symbology section of the RWR chapter http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/ge...reat-symbology lists R-27 as creating an "M" symbol. I believe this is an error as the M symbol should be generated by radars mounted on Active Radar Guided missiles. the R-27 is Semi-active unlike the other missiles listed.
the first listed missile, the MICA should perhaps be edited to show MICA EM, as there is also an IR guided variant, the MICA IR

Navigation System http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/general.html#navigation-system sections reads
Quote:
a complete failure of the INS renders weapons such as the AIM-7 inoperable.
should this not read Aim-54 instead of Aim-7?

Last edited by Essah; 02-11-2019 at 07:54 PM.
Essah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:02 PM   #69
Naquaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essah View Post
the Threat symbology section of the RWR chapter http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/ge...reat-symbology lists R-27 as creating an "M" symbol. I believe this is an error as the M symbol should be generated by radars mounted on Active Radar Guided missiles. the R-27 is Semi-active unlike the other missiles listed.
the first listed missile, the MICA should perhaps be edited to show MICA EM, as there is also an IR guided variant, the MICA IR

Navigation System http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/general.html#navigation-system sections reads

should this not read Aim-54 instead of Aim-7?
Thx, fixed!
Old 02-11-2019, 09:18 PM   #70
=BJM=

I am sure the answer is an obvious yes but I will ask just to make sure...

I know this is an Early Access and "living" manual but I imagine you guys will be adding takeoff, landing, etc.. procedures to the manual prior to release, correct?

Last edited by =BJM=; 02-11-2019 at 09:22 PM.
=BJM= is offline   Reply With Quote